: "LUXURY CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED LIMITED WARRANTY" - transferable? same as gmpp?

razl
01-04-11, 10:38 PM
First - long time, no poast. I've been too busy driving and not on the forum for quite a while. Alas, the time has come for me sell my V and I'm trying to figure out the situation with my warranty.

I got my V Cadillac certified with this (from the VIN): 72/100000 LUXURY CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED LIMITED WARRANTY 08/17/2006 368 miles 08/17/2012 100368 miles

Is that the same as GMPP in that is sellable/transferable to a new owner? If it makes any difference, I am financed through GMAC and I vaguely recall the salesperson making the point that this warranty was tied to the financing - as if I were to pay the vehicle off prematurely the warranty wouldn't be in effect any longer. Is that true?

Appreciation in advance!

Houdini
01-05-11, 11:10 AM
Luxury CPO warranty is much better than GMPP and is fully transferable to new owners with no cost or paperwork whatsoever. That warranty stays with the car, not the owner. Any new owner of your V will be good to go. They'll have 24/7 roadside assistance, bumper to bumper coverage, free loaners/rentals, all the goodies.

Side note: If your car was certified before April of 09, that is the old CPO warranty (was the best in the business and covers more items such as cosmetic issues, batteries, etc..). If it was certified after April of 09, it is still an awesome CPO warranty but doesn't cover a lot of wear/cosmetic items and isn't really an extension of the bumper to bumper like the older CPO warranty. I believe the 'luxury' term on your GM VIS report designates that it was pre april 09 certified. After april 09, it would say something like 'premium' CPO.

Good read:
http://gmcrc.dmotorworks.com/dms-static/75f349be-0c6b-4338-a46c-022d9e1ecf2e/CPO%20Warranty%20FAQ_s%200409.pdf

cvettr/cts-v
01-05-11, 12:39 PM
razl, are you the first owner? If not does anyone know can an original owner still under factory warranty not sell their car but get it cpo'd to extend the warranty or would they have to but extended gmpp as the only option. If it can be cpo'd and not sold anyone know the process? Not meaning to thread jack but it is and extension of o.p. topic rather than start a new thread about cpo and warranties.

razl
01-05-11, 03:26 PM
razl, are you the first owner? If not does anyone know can an original owner still under factory warranty not sell their car but get it cpo'd to extend the warranty or would they have to but extended gmpp as the only option. If it can be cpo'd and not sold anyone know the process? Not meaning to thread jack but it is and extension of o.p. topic rather than start a new thread about cpo and warranties.

I am not the first owner, I bought it certified Pre-Owned. Either way, I know nothing about what can/can't be done. I wouldn't think you could it get CPOd, but, on the other hand, maybe it is a program you could put it through?

razl
01-05-11, 03:29 PM
Luxury CPO warranty is much better than GMPP and is fully transferable to new owners with no cost or paperwork whatsoever. That warranty stays with the car, not the owner. Any new owner of your V will be good to go. They'll have 24/7 roadside assistance, bumper to bumper coverage, free loaners/rentals, all the goodies.

Side note: If your car was certified before April of 09, that is the old CPO warranty (was the best in the business and covers more items such as cosmetic issues, batteries, etc..). If it was certified after April of 09, it is still an awesome CPO warranty but doesn't cover a lot of wear/cosmetic items and isn't really an extension of the bumper to bumper like the older CPO warranty. I believe the 'luxury' term on your GM VIS report designates that it was pre april 09 certified. After april 09, it would say something like 'premium' CPO.

Good read:
http://gmcrc.dmotorworks.com/dms-static/75f349be-0c6b-4338-a46c-022d9e1ecf2e/CPO%20Warranty%20FAQ_s%200409.pdf

Thanks for the info - and, lucky me!, mine was of the old (better!) kind.

I will add one other note for anyone else - the CPO warrant, especially for this vehicle, has been not only a godsend but has worked out flawlessly. My vehicle hasn't had many issues, but when it has it's been nothing more than walk in, explain the problem, get a rental (usually something nice, though it was a PT Cruiser once) and I get a call within 48 hours that it's done and ready for pickup. I've also had roadside assistance provide me a new battery on the spot on 2 occasions. In my mind, it's been highly worth it.

cvettr/cts-v
01-06-11, 03:01 PM
thanks

CadzillaTN
01-06-11, 09:31 PM
good luck razl. I used to have some of your black and white photos on my desktop rotation... nice angles.

that warranty is solid gold!!

kevm14
01-06-11, 09:50 PM
Yup, "Luxury" is the old, Pre-April-09 CPO and "Premium" is the new one that stopped covering cosmetic stuff. Mine had LCPO and it was a good warranty. And just to confirm, I got the car with 97k having been certified with the previous owner at like 26k. I was able to use it without any issues at all, aside from one dealer treating it like the Premium CPO and rejecting some cosmetic items, and a battery. Another dealer covered the cosmetic items and battery at least. It's like the factory warranty.

Houdini
01-06-11, 11:01 PM
When I was looking for my 07 I was specifically trying to find a luxury CPO warranty car. I'm glad I found one because it really is 'solid gold' and has already paid for itself many times. My factory bumper to bumper ran out in July 2010 and since then, under my LCPO warranty, I've received new motor mounts, new diff bushing, new starter and free tow w/ roadside assistance, new sail panels, new sunroof, new shifter, seat creak tsb fix, PS cold weather fluid flush, diff vent tube tsb install (they had to do it twice), new nav buttons, new sway bar bushings and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few items. With all those trips to the dealership I got to drive just about every new 2010/2011 cadillac as a loaner/rental: CTS, DTS, SRX, and lastly a $60k brand new STS that was awesome. :cool2:

I'd be out so much money right now without this extra warranty. I can't imagine the total amount GM has had to pay for repairs/replacements/rentals on my car. Under the factory warranty alone, my car is on the 3rd diff (previous owner) and has had all kinds of other stuff done like new headlights, clutch switch, etc. I'm mentioned this in another thread but my service history must be 4-5 pages by now. I always thought it would be funny for everyone to posts their service historys to see who had the longest...haha. I'd be a little embarrassed to ask my current dealer to print out the list at this point. They would flip out :shocked2:

V-Guy
01-07-11, 07:09 AM
my service history must be 4-5 pages by now.

Yeah, my history has gotta be 4-5 pages too. Oh, wait - you were talking about service history! Never mind. ;-)

razl
01-07-11, 03:39 PM
good luck razl. I used to have some of your black and white photos on my desktop rotation... nice angles.

Thanks!!! She'll be getting a wax and new photos this weekend in prep for sale listing (sniff!). I'm a wanna-be amateur photog but hopefully expect to see some good new ones soon!

that warranty is solid gold!!

You ain't kidding, especially when it comes to resale!

johnjhc
02-21-11, 05:10 PM
Hey Houdini,

Could you tell me what was wrong with your shifter and seat creak issue as I also have the same issues and am wondering if the dealer will cover under my LCPO warranty.

Thanks in advance

Houdini
02-21-11, 07:02 PM
Well, I had complained about my shift knob rattling (it was loose) so the dealer said they would look at it. I had hoped they would just replace the knob because that was all that was really wrong but instead they replaced the whole damn shifter and bushings and put my same loose knob back on! The new shifter and bushings made a big difference in the slop and play but the damn knob still rattled. I just laughed it off and left it that way because I was about to install pisnuoff's custom shifter anyway. Now I have that shifter installed and it is MUCH better.

As for the seat creak, there is a TSB on it. I've attached it.

johnjhc
02-21-11, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the info and I certainly appreciate your quick response.

Thanks again.

trhs75
02-21-11, 11:15 PM
I never heard of the warranty expiring just because the car was paid off. I wonder if the salesman was pulling your chain, trying to get the most commission for the dealer for the financing. Anyone else know about this for sure?

cts-v771
02-22-11, 12:07 AM
The CPO warranty is paid for by the dealer who is the first to certify the car after it meets certain requirements. The warranty is in effect until the time runs out or the mileage is past. It does not matter if the car is paid off or sold 50 times.

Houdini
02-22-11, 07:46 AM
:word: