: February 18-20 Chicago meet agenda.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-04-11, 04:32 PM
Ok, so now that we've got the dates set, what do we wanna do?

I'd like to go see the Lamborghini/Ferrari/Rolls Royce dealers. Always fun to go see exotics up close and buy merchandise that I don't have access to in MN. Some of us could meet and do this Friday afternoon, and I think most of these dealers close at 6 or 7. Ogden Avenue is where all these are laid out, down in Westmont, Downers Grove.

Auto show all day Saturday. Saturday is best because we're all here and it's the longest day available. We could meet there around 11 or so, and leave 5-6. Dinner and sightseeing afterwords downtown would be great as well. Get drunk, go to bars, go to strip clubs, etc etc.

Sunday, we could have brunch and chill out or whatever.

We've done this pattern at the last few meets and we've always had a blast.

ThumperPup
01-04-11, 05:44 PM
sounds like a plan to me
i know late saturday nite i think im gona hit up with some friends that saturday but that will problaby be late later so if we hit up a strip club or soemthing or bar what ever ill meet up with yall after my outing with these girls i havent seen in years lol

always good to go see these nice cars yes they are
i wonder i wish there was a spyker dealerhsip in chiago would love to go sit in one of them

gdwriter
01-04-11, 08:20 PM
My flight arrives at O'Hare at 4:10 Friday afternoon, and Jimmy will pick me up. If there's time, I'd enjoy checking out the exotics. If you guys start earlier, I can always text you to see where you are when we leave the airport and determine a time and place to meet.

HAZZARDJOHN
01-05-11, 02:57 PM
I want to see some Blues brothers film sites! "This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive! If my estimations are correct, we should be very close to the Honorable Richard J. Daley Plaza!"

gdwriter
01-05-11, 03:57 PM
I'd be fine with a trip down Lower Wacker Drive (a name you can't say without snickering) to the Honorable Richard J. Daley Plaza, but I'd avoid what's left of Dixie Square Mall:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Fc5CKLS5ezE/SMQhdc5Z5QI/AAAAAAAABoA/DDm_egxjPoM/06.JPG

Ranger
01-05-11, 04:21 PM
I think lower Wacker might be under construction, but there are plenty of other locations.
http://kevinforsyth.net/film/blues.htm

If you come to Woodstock I'll show you where "Groundhog Day" was filmed. :bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-05-11, 11:22 PM
Oh man, I'd love to go see the Dixie Square Mall, but I don't wanna get sent home in a body bag.

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 11:33 PM
I think lower Wacker might be under construction, but there are plenty of other locations.
http://kevinforsyth.net/film/blues.htm

If you come to Woodstock I'll show you where "Groundhog Day" was filmed. :bigroll:

OMG that had to be the worst movie i ever saw lol

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 11:34 PM
Oh man, I'd love to go see the Dixie Square Mall, but I don't wanna get sent home in a body bag.

I can bring my C&C License but not sure that would be valid in IL since its from Ohio lol

ThumperPup
01-06-11, 01:10 PM
does anyone remmebr off hand what it csot per person to get into the auto show
im to lazy right now to to check online and find price and all
and about to head out for a few hours
so im just trying to figure out what its gona cost for the weekend about rounded number and what did it seem like evyerone that want last year was spending around food and other stuff
im bringing my girl from Detroit with me so there will be 2 of us
and im just trying to figure out rates costs and all so i can see that i set it aside and all
i know im planning on spending about 160-180 in gas and tolls if prices stay where they are right now
and then hoping the hotel doenst cost more then 50 per nite so thats another 100 if jesda can find soemthing for that so theres 260 should i count on needing more than another 140 for the auto show and food for the 2 days ? im hoping it wont be more then 400 for the whole trip but im thinking thats not gona be realisitic so anyone know about what they plan on spending and all

thebigjimsho
01-07-11, 03:25 PM
OMG that had to be the worst movie i ever saw lol
Serious? That movie is amsome. You're weird...

ThumperPup
01-07-11, 08:21 PM
what ground hog day that movie yuck lol
i cant sit and watch a movie where someone wakes up and its the same day over and over again i dont get it

03cts86monte
01-09-11, 02:37 PM
I believe the tickets are around, 20 to 25 dollars a pieces. Food at the show of course is over priced. Im thinking to save a little money maybe pack a lunch for the day and around lunch time or when every one in hungry go out side and eat. Once you leave the show you can get a hand stamp to come back in after you've payed.

Roy

hueterm
01-09-11, 03:01 PM
Pack a lunch from what? The gourmet kitchen of a Priceline'd hotel room?

Almost everyone is traveling in from out of town...that is going to be more hassle than it's worth.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-11, 03:23 PM
Yeah, part of the fun of the auto show is eating at the vendors inside McCormick.

gary88
01-09-11, 03:57 PM
Adult tickets are $11.

The food is indeed extremely overpriced though.

Ranger
01-09-11, 04:56 PM
Eat a big late breakfast, forgo lunch and enjoy dinner. Just let me know where dinner is. If I don't have to cross the Mason-Dixon line I'll try to meet you guys.

thebigjimsho
01-09-11, 05:43 PM
Eat a big late breakfast, forgo lunch and enjoy dinner. Just let me know where dinner is. If I don't have to cross the Mason-Dixon line I'll try to meet you guys.
That's how to do it. Why stop to eat when you can just look at cars. Save money. Pound more food at breakfast and dinner.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-11, 06:27 PM

Good point, and I do believe this is what we did the last few years. Last year we ate at the hotel restaurant, which was awful, but in '09, we ate brunch at Omega. Damn Larry, we were planning on having brunch at a Waffle House in Tallahassee, but since you won't go south of the M-D line, I guess we'll have to eat somewhere in Chicago.... :)

Jesda
01-09-11, 09:02 PM
I like the $5 lemonade at the auto show. It comes with 2 oz of actual drink.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-11, 11:05 PM
and 3oz of misery and regret.

thebigjimsho
01-10-11, 12:19 AM
Are we still talking about lemonade?

Ranger
01-10-11, 01:08 AM
Damn Larry, we were planning on having brunch at a Waffle House in Tallahassee, but since you won't go south of the M-D line, I guess we'll have to eat somewhere in Chicago.
The hotel I met you guys at last year was damned near south of the Mason-Dixon (for me). Took me an hour and a half to get there. I'm about 20 miles south of the Wisconsin border. That's why I keep saying someplace around O'Hare or Woodfield mall would be good (for me), but you can't make plans based on me. I'll make a decision based on what you guys decide.

Jesda
01-10-11, 05:50 AM
Priceline does give me the option of narrowing down to neighborhoods before spreading further out. What is the area near Woodfield Mall like? Is it as nice as Downers/Oak Brook/Lisle?

hueterm
01-10-11, 10:10 AM
That's Schaumburg -- it's nice. Woodfield Mall is like a zoo. That area can get really crowded. Lots of nice restaurants.

I-90 runs right through there (it's toll however) and is a straight shot into Downtown, but you come in from the north, where McCormick is south.

It will be a long way from the exotic dealers that everyone (but me) :hide: wants to go to -- just fair warning. However long it takes to drive 20 something miles in Friday afternoon Chicago traffic. Not sure how long that is, but it can't be short.

Ranger
01-10-11, 01:18 PM
Hueterm pretty much nailed it. Sounds like you've been here before. Maybe have dinner a little farther north? If you are flying into ORD, Schaumburg/Woodfield area is convenient. If you are flying into MDW, then where you where last year is probably better. If you want dealers row, then Downers/Oak Brook/Lisle is probably your best bet. Travel to Downers/Oak Brook/Lisle from ORD/Woodfield area has to be :45-:60 min I'd guess. Again, don't make plans based on me. I'll deal with what you guys decide based on what YOU all want.

hueterm
01-10-11, 01:50 PM
From time to time... :-) I bet any flyers will come in to ORD. If I can swing going, I'll be driving. I entertained the idea of Amtrak'ing it if we were staying Downtown, but that has its disadvantages too...

thebigjimsho
01-10-11, 03:27 PM
MDW, the airport in a box...

JimmyH
01-10-11, 03:50 PM
Schaumburg does get congested on the weekends, but I am sure Downers Grove does as well. It is still not as bad as the city.
Schaumburg to McCormick place is 35 miles. Downers Grove to McCormick is 25 miles. There is going to be nasty traffic no matter where we are going in from.

hueterm
01-10-11, 03:52 PM
I vote Schaumburg for the hotel as first choice, BTW, if we're taking a poll.

gdwriter
01-10-11, 04:02 PM
Right now, I think Sal and I are the only ones flying in, and I'm arriving at O'Hare. Jimmy has graciously agreed to provide airport shuttle service since it's close to his office. Last year, Sal rented a car.

hueterm
01-10-11, 04:16 PM
I can get you too if needed.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-11, 12:51 AM
Alright, so now that the meet is approaching, let's try and review the agenda again.

Friday night-
meet up at hotel and get dinner, drinks afterwords.

Saturday-
Breakfast/lunch- trek down to the auto show, get dinner/drinks afterwords

Sunday-
Breakfast/lunch- head home.

Is that it in a nutshell?

JimmyH
02-09-11, 12:54 PM
you forgot the "get drinks" on Sunday

gdwriter
02-09-11, 05:32 PM
My flight Sunday doesn't leave until 5 p.m. There's definitely time for drinks. :alchi:

thebigjimsho
02-09-11, 06:52 PM
My flight is later than 5PM. And what's up with all these new tools in the answer box?

JimmyH
02-09-11, 07:01 PM
Que?

thebigjimsho
02-09-11, 09:22 PM
Click Reply to Thread and look at the new tools just above the answer box...

MacMuse
02-09-11, 11:06 PM
ackk!!! Worlds Colliding!!

I can only do Friday evening gathering. Out of town/state rest of weekend.

JimmyH
02-10-11, 03:08 PM
Click Reply to Thread and look at the new tools just above the answer box...

I am digging the footnote-tag button:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/vault/images/bb_footnote.gif

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 03:49 PM
They are funny looking. But I don't see myself ever using them...or learning how...

MacMuse
02-10-11, 09:03 PM
They are funny looking. But I don't see myself ever using them...or learning how...

There's an idea - we can have computer lessons Friday night. Make sure we're all using the right pron sites.

JimmyH
02-10-11, 09:41 PM
Don't get me started, I might wipe everyone's hard drive :D

gdwriter
02-10-11, 11:57 PM
JD's Aunt Kathleen sent me a message on Facebook asking if we needed any ideas for restaurants, music or nightlife. I told her we'd be meeting up at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg between 5 and 6, then heading out to dinner somewhere in the area. Auto Show on Saturday and likely dinner somewhere in the city. I told her she should put any recommendations in the meet's page on Facebook, but if she posts something there, I'll post it here as well.

GizmoQ
02-11-11, 12:26 AM
Don't get me started, I might wipe everyone's hard drive :D

I may never get my car started if you do.

Note to self: Bring 2 tablets and a video camera. :stirpot:

thebigjimsho
02-11-11, 12:55 AM
I may do the same. And an abacus...

Jesda
02-11-11, 02:39 AM
ackk!!! Worlds Colliding!!

I can only do Friday evening gathering. Out of town/state rest of weekend.

Better than nothing! See ya

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-11, 08:36 AM
I may do the same. And an abacus...

And I'll bring my copy of Genesis' 1981 album "Abacab"

MacMuse
02-11-11, 09:25 PM
The area around the hotel is one of the restaurant havens around Chicago.

I'm partial to Wildfire and their supper club styling. And their Martini Flight ain't so bad either.

http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/sites/default/files/menu_thumbs/Cocktails.JPG_.thumb_.jpg

gdwriter
02-11-11, 09:59 PM
You had me at martini :alchi:

thebigjimsho
02-12-11, 01:18 AM
You had me at havens.

ga_etc
02-12-11, 05:12 PM
Martini Flight?

thebigjimsho
02-12-11, 05:19 PM
Not on JetBlue...

JimmyH
02-13-11, 08:26 PM
JD's Aunt Kathleen sent me a message on Facebook asking if we needed any ideas for restaurants, music or nightlife. I told her we'd be meeting up at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg between 5 and 6, then heading out to dinner somewhere in the area. Auto Show on Saturday and likely dinner somewhere in the city. I told her she should put any recommendations in the meet's page on Facebook, but if she posts something there, I'll post it here as well.

I am sure between Todd and me, we got Schaumburg questions covered. I know it like the back of my hand.
In fact, unless I am mistaken, the hotel Jesda booked has a nightclub built in. It used to be a happening place. But it's been 10 years since I been there.

MacMuse
02-13-11, 11:08 PM
Martini Flight?

At Wildfire, it's a series of 4 specialty martinis in smaller glasses. I'm a serious lightweight these days when it comes to drinking, so this was enough to keep me entertained during dinner and not knock me on my a&&.

GizmoQ
02-14-11, 12:39 AM
Jesda,
empty your pm inbox!

Jesda
02-14-11, 11:29 AM
I did!

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 01:39 PM
Great!

gdwriter
02-14-11, 08:00 PM
I am sure between Todd and me, we got Schaumburg questions covered. I know it like the back of my hand.
In fact, unless I am mistaken, the hotel Jesda booked has a nightclub built in. It used to be a happening place. But it's been 10 years since I been there.Since we're going to be a large group and you know the area, can you make a recommendation and then a reservation? Since this is a busy area and a Friday night, it would beat the hell out of waiting forever. Would 7-7:30 be a reasonable time?

hueterm
02-14-11, 09:46 PM
Sounds good to me. That gives some leeway in case we still have to wait...

I would prefer something that is not a national chain...(I'd really rather not drive 10 hours to go to Olive Garden...) But our options may be limited due to group size...

gdwriter
02-15-11, 12:39 AM
I would prefer something that is not a national chain...(I'd really rather not drive 10 hours to go to Olive Garden...) But our options may be limited due to group size...Agreed. I think we've had that discussion already, but it bears repeating.

Jesda
02-15-11, 01:01 AM
If we end up at Olive Garden I will get naked.

That's a threat.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-11, 01:08 AM
7:30 sounds great. Cheesecake Factory was awesome last year, and I've heard great things about California Pizza Kitchen. Giordanos is always a possibility too.

Jesda
02-15-11, 01:35 AM
cpk sux

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 02:06 AM
so did yall decide on a hotel yet i mean did you bid yet Jesda ?

thebigjimsho
02-15-11, 11:06 AM
so did yall decide on a hotel yet i mean did you bid yet Jesda ?
Umm, maybe you should check the threads in this forum for that answer. Especially since it's got the word "hotel" in it...

And a hint, there's no Marriott involved.

Hey, I wonder where that PFC guy is. I haven't seen him in a while...

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 04:35 PM
Umm, maybe you should check the threads in this forum for that answer. Especially since it's got the word "hotel" in it...

And a hint, there's no Marriott involved.

Hey, I wonder where that PFC guy is. I haven't seen him in a while...

hahaha realy funny mister SMART lol

well i did look threw those and i just didnt see it so no reason to get an atidtude with me saw this was active so posted in it was to lazy to go to the other one

thebigjimsho
02-15-11, 04:45 PM
No problem, TP...

Jesda
02-15-11, 07:19 PM
I'm leaving at 2pm assuming my brother gets his ass to St Louis on time, so if everything goes as planned, I'll be in Hoffman/Schaumburg just in time for dinner at 7:30.

Last year we left late (waiting on my brother) and didn't get in until everyone was done with dinner. :/

Jesda
02-15-11, 07:21 PM
omg theres an ikea across from the hotel!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-11, 09:08 PM

Ready the Saab and grab the Abba!

hueterm
02-15-11, 09:14 PM

And it is ENORMOUS...

MUCH bigger than the one in Houston.

When do you want to go?

gdwriter
02-15-11, 09:17 PM
I'm leaving at 2pm assuming my brother gets his ass to St Louis on time, so if everything goes as planned, I'll be in Hoffman/Schaumburg just in time for dinner at 7:30.

Last year we left late (waiting on my brother) and didn't get in until everyone was done with dinner. :/Tell him you're leaving at noon, so when he's two hours late, you'll actually be on time.

When I was a kid, my favorite aunt was one of the few members of my family in New Hampshire willing to drive down to Boston to pick us up at Logan. However, Aunt Ann was perennially late, so my mother started telling her our flight arrived an hour earlier than it actually did.

gdwriter
02-15-11, 09:18 PM
When do you want to go?Remember the picture of the copier wedged into Jesda's Mustang? I can just imagine a dinette set and some bookshelves strapped to Ducky. :lol:

ga_etc
02-15-11, 09:24 PM
Josiah gets off work at 3pm on Friday and is supposed to come straight to my house. I figure we'll leave my house at 5ish. We should be at the hotel around 1am. I hate to miss the festivities Friday night, but there's just no way around it. Anyone think they will still be up? I guess Jesda will have to be so we can check in.

hueterm
02-15-11, 09:29 PM
I'm sure he can leave word with the front desk...

And no, probably not...

hueterm
02-15-11, 09:31 PM
When are we going down to the Auto Show? Mid/late morning breakfast somewhere and then go Downtown?

I'm also really feeling Giordano's Downtown after the show for dinner...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-11, 09:54 PM
I can just imagine a dinette set and some bookshelves strapped to Ducky. :lol:

A giant heart-shaped bed. :lol:

GizmoQ
02-16-11, 12:32 AM
Remember the picture of the copier wedged into Jesda's Mustang? I can just imagine a dinette set and some bookshelves strapped to Ducky. :lol:

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s10745.gif

JimmyH
02-16-11, 02:10 PM
cpk sux

I agree with you on their pizza. But actually, their salads are phenomenal.

Yeah, and there is sometimes a line to get in. I just don't get that place.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 02:11 PM
I'm also really feeling Giordano's Downtown after the show for dinner...

No, you are not. Trust me. Every place downtown has a wait, and they are all 15-20% more than their suburban counterparts. Maybe more.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 02:12 PM
If you guys want the ultimate pizza, that absolutely CANNOT be had anywhere besides here, I would recommend Nick&Brunos. Best pizza, ANYWHERE, ever. There is a problem though. Their dining room is one small table.

There is still a Fuddruckers on Golf rd. Unbelievable hamburgers that you dress up yourself.

Jameson's char house is also very good. I think they are little pricey though.

And of course there is Uno's. Great food, good pizza, reasonable price.

I doubt any of the major restaurants are going to take reservations on a Friday or Saturday night.

gdwriter
02-16-11, 04:27 PM
Yeah, and there is sometimes a line to get in. I just don't get that place.The IKEA in Portland is always crowded as well.

Although not everything there is a deal, a lot of it is. Two years ago, I got a leather sleeper sofa and matching recliner for $1,600. Very comfortable (even the sleeper sofa) and high quality. It's sturdy and has held up well. Recently, I bought a set of stainless steel cookware a Teflon skillet, large, medium and small pots with lids for $40. I'd have to spent at least $100 to $150 to get something of similar quality anywhere else. Even a cheap set of aluminum pots and pans at Target is at least $40.

The place is a maze and there's no such thing as a pop-in, pop-out trip to IKEA, but I'm can tolerate it for nice stuff at great prices.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 05:04 PM
They have free breakfast on Saturdays here. That's when it's at its worst.

MacMuse
02-16-11, 05:12 PM
How many for dinner @ 7:30ish Friday night? Will 10 cover it?

JimmyH
02-16-11, 05:16 PM
I dont think you are going to be able to plan anything in advance. That could be too many, or not enough. Who knows.

gdwriter
02-16-11, 05:18 PM
Have been exchanging messages with JD's Aunt Kathleen. She's actually in the city and doesn't want to endure the traffic out to Schaumburg Friday night (I don't blame her), but she'd like to join us for dinner Saturday after the auto show. I told her a number of us like Giordano's, but that's not carved in stone. I have her phone number and can give her an update when we know.

The rest of his family we met at the wake are in the suburbs, so I sent them a message on Facebook about the plans for Friday night.

Kathleen also suggested for anyone who's interested some blues clubs in Chicago: Buddy Guy's club is in the south loop, there are the more touristy places on the north side (Kingston Mines, B.L.U.E.S) and then a great hole in the wall place in her neighborhood, Rosa's Lounge (http://www.rosaslounge.com). I would be up for that.

gdwriter
02-16-11, 05:23 PM
How many for dinner @ 7:30ish Friday night? Will 10 cover it?Well, here's how many I know of as of now:

me
you
Jimmy
Larry
Chad
Marvin
Mike
Sal
Danielle
Jim
Jesda*
Jason*

*If Jason is late (as he usually is), he and Jesda might not arrive from St. Louis in time.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 05:48 PM
Kathleen also suggested for anyone who's interested some blues clubs in Chicago: Buddy Guy's club is in the south loop, there are the more touristy places on the north side (Kingston Mines, B.L.U.E.S) and then a great hole in the wall place in her neighborhood, Rosa's Lounge (http://www.rosaslounge.com). I would be up for that.

Buddy guy's is cool, but the traffic and conjestion around those areas is not worth it. If you guys want to do it, that's cool. But me count me out of anything downtown other than the auto show.

Well, here's how many I know of as of now:

me
you
Jimmy
Larry
Chad
Marvin
Mike
Sal
Danielle
Jim
Jesda*
Jason*

*If Jason is late (as he usually is), he and Jesda might not arrive from St. Louis in time.

Michelle will be there too.

MacMuse
02-16-11, 06:08 PM
Wildfire had openings for 8 people Fri evening (limit of OpenTable interface), I'll call and see if they'll take a group of 13/11.

MacMuse
02-16-11, 06:23 PM
Friday Night Dinner

I made reservations for 13 at Wildfire Restaurant - Schaumburg (http://wildfirerestaurant.com/schaumburg) for Friday evening.

8:15 P.M.

Please speak up quickly if this is too late, next earlier slot was 5pm. Otherwise plan on an afternoon snack to get you to dinner. I'm looking at you Mr. Pacific Time Zone.

Oh yes, and another menu (side dish) recommendation - Creamed Spinach. A popular Chicago traditional side, and they have a great one.

gdwriter
02-16-11, 06:23 PM
Michelle will be there too.:doh: Don't tell her I forgot about her. Glad she's coming, though.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 06:27 PM
Now that's a late dinner. I suppose I can hold out. For the record, I detest spinach in all its forms.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 06:28 PM
Here is their menu;

http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/sites/default/files/menus/Dinner.pdf

hueterm
02-16-11, 06:30 PM
We could almost book a room somewhere....if that were available on 2 days notice...

http://wildfirerestaurant.com/private-parties

Wildfire looks fine to me.

MacMuse
02-16-11, 06:33 PM
We could almost book a room somewhere....if that were available on 2 days notice...

I think that's what we ended up with - they transferred me over to the party coordinator. Anybody's birthday coming up? ;)

hueterm
02-16-11, 06:33 PM
8:15 is fine with me. I'd rather hang out at the hotel bar or whatever for a while and then go in to a reservation and not have to wait at the restaurant...

GizmoQ
02-16-11, 07:07 PM
Friday Night Dinner

I made reservations for 13 at Wildfire Restaurant - Schaumburg (http://wildfirerestaurant.com/schaumburg) for Friday evening.

8:15 P.M.

Please speak up quickly if this is too late, next earlier slot was 5pm. Otherwise plan on an afternoon snack to get you to dinner. I'm looking at you Mr. Pacific Time Zone.

You know you did that for Jesda - Mr "I'm gonna be late for my funeral"

Oh yes, and another menu (side dish) recommendation - Creamed Spinach. A popular Chicago traditional side, and they have a great one.

OOOOH, LOVE SPINACH!!! But the buttered Spinach in Venice, Italy tops them all.

thebigjimsho
02-16-11, 08:14 PM
All I know is we better be eating downtown Saturday night.

And no on Fuddrucker's, Jimmeh. That place is everywhere...

JimmyH
02-16-11, 08:17 PM
If you eat downtown Saturday night, you shall be doing it without me. You want to pay a 20% premium and $20 parking, be my guest.

I have not eaten at fuddruckers in probably 10 years. They use to be all over the place, but now there are only a few left.

gdwriter
02-16-11, 08:25 PM
Please speak up quickly if this is too late, next earlier slot was 5pm. Otherwise plan on an afternoon snack to get you to dinner. I'm looking at you Mr. Pacific Time Zone.That's fine with me. I tend to eat late anyway. I plan get my usual Eggs Benedict at PDX before my flight and I'll likely buy a sandwich, wrap or salad to eat during the flight.

Thanks for making the reservation for us. I agree with Mike.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 08:27 PM
I am getting confused. Why again, do we have four threads dedicated to this meet? :lol:

JimmyH
02-16-11, 08:29 PM
Gary, make sure you have some food in your stomach before you start pounding the Martinis this time :D

thebigjimsho
02-16-11, 08:43 PM
If you eat downtown Saturday night, you shall be doing it without me. You want to pay a 20% premium and $20 parking, be my guest.

I have not eaten at fuddruckers in probably 10 years. They use to be all over the place, but now there are only a few left.
puthy.

hueterm
02-16-11, 09:10 PM
I am getting confused. Why again, do we have four threads dedicated to this meet? :lol:

Aren't there always?

gdwriter
02-16-11, 09:21 PM
Gary, make sure you have some food in your stomach before you start pounding the Martinis this time :DI will. I don't plan a repeat of the :fallingover: although it's provided so many laughs over the past year.

MacMuse
02-16-11, 10:09 PM

ooo, I missed one. Where is it? Where's the other thread?

Have we started one for pictures yet?

Speaking of pictures (huh?) Did they settle the strike near you finally? Or did you torch the inflatable rat?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-11, 10:15 PM
Wildfire restaurant at 8:15 sounds great! Thanks for arranging that! Is it close to the hotel? I'll eat a big lunch around noon or so and it'll hold me over until dinner.

Ranger
02-16-11, 10:15 PM
Anytime and place is OK with me (as long as it's not downtown). I'll plan on getting to the hotel (lobby or bar) around 6:00.

MacMuse
02-16-11, 10:47 PM
Wildfire is just a mile or two from the hotel. Or in terms we understand better - .5 mile west of Patrick Cadillac. We can hang at the hotel until almost 8pm.

Jesda
02-16-11, 10:55 PM
8:15 is perfect! Just looked at their menu -- appears to be something for everyone with agreeable prices.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-11, 12:02 AM
I think we should all go to Patrick Cadillac and kill some time there.

gdwriter
02-17-11, 12:27 AM
Just looked at their menu -- appears to be something for everyone with agreeable prices.It's been a while since I've had prime rib. I'll all, ahem, primed for Friday's dinner.

gdwriter
02-17-11, 12:27 AM
I think we should all go to Patrick Cadillac and kill some time there.I'd be up for that.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-11, 12:34 AM
It's been a while since I've had prime rib. I'll all, ahem, primed for Friday's dinner.

I'll go for the French Dip, that looks awesome.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-11, 12:35 AM

Speaking of pictures (huh?) Did they settle the strike near you finally? Or did you torch the inflatable rat?

We'll start the pics thread after the meet starts.

GizmoQ
02-17-11, 12:38 AM
I think we should all go to Patrick Cadillac and kill some time there.

Can you imagine the look on their faces when we show up with a caravan of Cadillacs, especially mine with its blower whine and SnakeBite rattle. :stirpot:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-11, 12:41 AM
They'll see my 11 year old Regal GS and try and convince me to buy a used CTS. :)

hueterm
02-17-11, 12:50 AM
The only thing remotely interesting is the '07 XLR w/27K miles for $39K, which is way overpriced...

No STS V8...
No DTS Performance OR Platinum (or both)

But if you want a CTS, they're your guys...since they have about 843 of them...

hueterm
02-17-11, 12:54 AM
OK...do I stop and see this either on my way up or back?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=292743335&dealer_id=79816&car_year=1990&doors=&systime=&model=560SEC&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=500&min_price=&drive=&rdm=1297865464031&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&address=72712&color=&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&awsp=false&make=MB&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=323&standard=false&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT

And I still have to call this guy back while I'm in town...I emailed him and it's still available...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=284550464

MacMuse
02-17-11, 01:08 AM
Patrick is a relatively small dealer, but they took good care of me twice for service.

This little used car dealer specializes in Caddys - http://www.cadiauto.com/ - small place and you never know what they'll have on the lot.

And for Chad - http://www.dmautosales.com/ - although they're pretty snooty and don't appreciate visitors without checkbooks in hand. They had a Rolls from the 60's along with the usual collection of recent model sports cars last time i stopped.

Keep in mind that Illinois is a clueless no-auto-sales-on-Sunday state, so these won't be available for a Sunday visit.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-11, 08:39 AM
OK...do I stop and see this either on my way up or back?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=292743335&dealer_id=79816&car_year=1990&doors=&systime=&model=560SEC&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=500&min_price=&drive=&rdm=1297865464031&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&address=72712&color=&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&awsp=false&make=MB&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=323&standard=false&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT

And I still have to call this guy back while I'm in town...I emailed him and it's still available...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=284550464

Haha, sounds like either way, you're coming back with some sort of an '80s era luxury coupe.

hueterm
02-17-11, 08:48 AM
The camel interior on the SEC is....unparalleled....

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 09:26 AM
I drive a 560SEC and when I'm on the mic you gotta see me.

hueterm
02-17-11, 09:45 AM
You have a dangerous Bobby Brown obsession...look what happened to Whitney...

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 10:29 AM
You have a dangerous Bobby Brown obsession...look what happened to Whitney...
I met Bobby Brown after one of his concerts in Providence, RI. I wished Whitney and their future first child well. He was thankful. I got his autograph. Then his career tanked.

hueterm
02-17-11, 12:03 PM
You jinxed him...or maybe it was something else...

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 12:22 PM
hmm...

Ranger
02-17-11, 12:51 PM
Can you imagine the look on their faces when we show up with a caravan of Cadillacs, especially mine with its blower whine and SnakeBite rattle. :stirpot:

Not sure how well we'd be received.

gdwriter
02-17-11, 01:56 PM
The camel interior on the SEC is....unparalleled....The seats look nice, but even given that it was designed in a different era, the dash on the Benz with the big black steering wheel and black dash top looks cheap and not befitting at top-of-the-line luxury car.

I know it's plood on the dash, but the Riviera looks much richer inside, especially with the suede inserts.

And while Mercedes SECs are hardly a dime a dozen, I would bet a pristine Riviera T-Type is much more rare. I'd take the Buick.

JimmyH
02-17-11, 02:44 PM

ha. forgot about that. Been 6 months since they packed up and left.

JimmyH
02-17-11, 02:46 PM

I am quite anxious to meet the snakebite.

JimmyH
02-17-11, 02:59 PM
updated

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 04:16 PM
I'll have to watch that sleet...and possible snow showers in Boston...

JimmyH
02-17-11, 05:14 PM
fyi, Sal and danielle are staying downtown, not in Schaumburg.

hueterm
02-17-11, 05:44 PM
The seats look nice, but even given that it was designed in a different era, the dash on the Benz with the big black steering wheel and black dash top looks cheap and not befitting at top-of-the-line luxury car.

I know it's plood on the dash, but the Riviera looks much richer inside, especially with the suede inserts.

And while Mercedes SECs are hardly a dime a dozen, I would bet a pristine Riviera T-Type is much more rare. I'd take the Buick.

And probably much less of a headache...

ga_etc
02-17-11, 09:53 PM
For the money, mileage, and rarity, that Riviera is the shit. Seriously. If you get it, I want a ride in it.

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 10:38 PM
fyi, Sal and danielle are staying downtown, not in Schaumburg.
Livin it up, I see. I like their style...

GizmoQ
02-17-11, 11:47 PM
I am quite anxious to meet the snakebite.

If it was tuned, I'd just give you the keys.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-11, 12:54 AM
I'm eating dinner now, while getting packed. As soon as I'm all packed up, I'm off to bed, only to get up tomorrow morning at 6:30 and depart by 7-7:30. See you tomorrow!

MacMuse
02-18-11, 01:55 AM
Whoops, Toyota hating still alive, and stupid - Vandalism at Chicago Auto Show. (http://bit.ly/ffsgKM)

UWISHU1
02-18-11, 02:12 AM
Whoops, Toyota hating still alive, and stupid - Vandalism at Chicago Auto Show. (http://bit.ly/ffsgKM)

Idiots!

Captivating via tapatalk

hueterm
02-18-11, 02:22 AM
For the money, mileage, and rarity, that Riviera is the shit. Seriously. If you get it, I want a ride in it.

Even if I go look at it (which isn't a certainty either Friday or Sunday), the likelihood of my getting it is nil to remote. It would be to qualify if it would even be up for consideration to buy later in the year. I'll be up front w/the guy on that...

It would have to need absolutely NOTHING done to it, save maybe tires, brake pads, belts, hoses, etc. And we all know how well that turned out w/my RMWs... The guy has had the thing for sale forEVAR, so there's got to be a reason why.

Also, I wouldn't be able to make it back up to CHI until late spring/early summer at the earliest. I can't believe I'm swinging this trip... If he's still got it in a few months, I might have the thing pored over by a forensics team and see if it's worth it...

Oh, and I'd rather have an (maybe not that) SEC...

hueterm
02-18-11, 02:35 AM
They probably saw that stupid ad being filmed again and it drove them to insanity...

GizmoQ
02-18-11, 02:45 AM
Hueterm and Jesda,
Are we going to try a caravan or is it every man for himself? If I go it alone, I'll leave around noon so I can stop off in Effingham and scope out a car meeting place for the CarPC Forum.

hueterm
02-18-11, 03:32 AM
No, I'm leaving pretty early... I took tomorrow as vacation, so I want to take advantage of it. IIRC, Jesda is stuck waiting on his brother and I think they're leaving in the afternoon -- but you'd want to confirm that with him.

Jesda
02-18-11, 04:39 AM
My brother is slow as f***.

His class ends at Mizzou at 1pm. I told him to have his luggage in his car ready to go.

JimmyH
02-18-11, 03:53 PM

Thats just egregious.