Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Houston We Have A Problem

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  AG'S-V 
#1 ·
Bought my 06 in March 2010, had 48,000 mikes on it. Drove fine the first couple of months BUT !!!!!!

7/13/10 Check engine light on, found clutch position sensor needed to be replaced and cruise control wiring replaced, new battery installed.

8/03/2010 Check engine light on, dealer not able to duplicate, no code stored.

9/08/2010 Check engine light on, crankshaft position sensor replaced and windshield wiper motor replaced.

9/10/2010 Loosing power and running rough, check engine light on but went off. Dealer could not duplicate, fuel guage will not show correct fuel amount, dealer could not duplicate

10/14/2010 Check engine light on and running rough, replaced catalytic converters.

11/11/2010 Lost all power, lost tac all check engine light on. Replaced both primary and secondary fuel sensors, replaced instrument cluster, replaced the IPC.

11/26/2010 Engine stalled fuel guages not working properly ( fuel guage showing 1/2 then 1/4 then to empty then back to 1/2 tank ). Replaced the power control module, replaced the ECM.

12/21/2010 Stalled and running rough. Had GM engineer come to check her out. Replaced the connector to the crank sensor at engineers request. Could not pin point.

I picked her up today 1/03/2011 and she seems to be doing fine, we have a case number now with Cadillac.

I guess I will find out in the coming weeks if we have any more problems. man am I glad I bought the extended warranty !!!!!!

I really love to drive this car when she is running, any advise on what this could be ??? This car has almost been rebuilt by Cadillac !!! LOL !!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Electrical gremlins are the worst. Some cars get them, some don't. I haven't had any electrical issues but I'm sure glad I bought a CPO car that has bumper to bumper coverage till 7/2012. By then I hope to be in a V2.

I must have a 4-5 page service history on this thing already but I still love it...

#12 ·
They put in my new motormounts about a year ago...couldn't get them to warranty my rear end but Stewart downtown finally did a few months later.

I live in the Heights but I've wandered up there every so often, mine is just like yours with Aggie alum stickers on it and Magnaflow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.