: need an northstar engine block ,northstar performance?

501mach1
01-03-11, 05:28 PM
i talked to jake at northstar performance and he said he had some new blocks but i cant seem to contact him now. does anyone know a way to contact him or know of any new blocks some where? i need one for a 2000 4.6 dts.thanks , randy

97EldoCoupe
01-03-11, 06:29 PM
Actually call my cell - 204-304-6031 in about an hour or so please busy day

edb150
01-04-11, 12:11 AM
Well Randy I told you this site would work to get a hold of him. Jake ,Randy has another infamous cracked block that was NOT inserted and i strongly recommended he stud it since the studs use a different thread depth than the factory and from the 7 cracked blocks Ive seen I truly believe the blocks are pulling apart because of where the threads are.

98eldo32v
01-04-11, 12:13 AM
7 cracked blocks? What years are these afftecting?

ThumperPup
01-04-11, 12:24 AM
golly another 2000 with a cracked block i think this is number 6 that i have heard about in the last 6 months and all where 2000s and 2001s
shoot

98eldo32v
01-04-11, 12:28 AM
2000's?! WOW! We've gone from blowing headgaskets to cracked blocks?! Not good....... not good at all.

miwise
01-04-11, 11:38 AM
Hmmmmm. Bad casing or something? Something must be compromising the structural integrity. Ever since studding mine has been great. No more overheating at all!!

Ranger
01-04-11, 11:59 AM
Joe actually brought this to our attention back in August.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/208870-cracked-block-2000-dts-rarity-now.html

97EldoCoupe
01-04-11, 04:21 PM
2000's are the only years that seem really prone to cracking. I guess I'm lucky I bought those blocks when I did- these are the '02 castings, haven't seen any '02's cracked yet. Luckily-

ThumperPup
01-04-11, 05:20 PM
2000's are the only years that seem really prone to cracking. I guess I'm lucky I bought those blocks when I did- these are the '02 castings, haven't seen any '02's cracked yet. Luckily-

hey jake did david send you the pictures of my old cracked bock i think he said he was going to
did you see how the crack goes along the front of the engienf rom the 2 cylender to the 8
have you ever seen anyting that bad before ?

97EldoCoupe
01-04-11, 05:55 PM
No I didn't receive the photos but I'd be looking forward to seeing it - honestly I've never seen one cracked that far.

ThumperPup
01-04-11, 06:30 PM
No I didn't receive the photos but I'd be looking forward to seeing it - honestly I've never seen one cracked that far.

ill get ahold of david see if he will email those photos to you this week
he told me that in all honesty but he cant say 100% that its almost as if the block wass drilled to deep but since we have no way of being able to tell for sure or not well he cant be sure so i just know that this wont happen again i have good thouts of this and its not gona happen again nope

edb150
01-04-11, 11:35 PM
Actually the holes could not have been drilled too deep since the norms kit has a drill with no point on it so it bottoms in the factory hole at the FACTORY DEPTH.So if what he says is true then the factory drilled too deep? Ithink not. The drill used is basically a reemer. All the blocks I have seen were cracked as you say and one was actually cracked front and back and across the rear of the engine on the flywheel side spanning all 8 cylinders. 50% of the engines were never touched by anyone and i have had some 01 's but no 02's .....yet . Its as if the cylinder pressure is pushing the heads off the motor and since the threads are stronger on the 2000's its causing the blocks to crack . I have seen 7 and have had 3 people call me including randy[ who started this post ] with cracked blocks:stirpot:

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 12:30 AM
and if the factory drilled to deep then they did
im not in the line to blame ppl for thins cause i dont know what all was doen or anyting
i just know that somewhere around the line weather it was the factory that drilled to deep or soething els i dont know i dont care what im happy about is i have it back on the road and she is running better then ever ]

unlike some ppl who think they are gona sew GM lol

somethingforyoureye
01-19-11, 02:33 PM
Not to HiJack, but......I ordered head stud kit last thurs (from Northstar performance) Jake said he would email a tracking number...that was thursday, now its wednesday. Have left like eight messages. My customer thinks he got taken....And wants to kill me! Whats up? I just want to hear SOMETHING.

501mach1
01-20-11, 09:04 AM
well ,if u look up higher on this thread u'll see he left me his number . i ordered a block two weeks ago and as of 1/20/11 its still not here.cant get any response by any phone number that he has.something must be up and it doesn't seem good. i'm currently about one day from contacting visa to try and get my money back.oh yes,he quickly charged my credit card.hopeing for the best ,but preparing for the worst.

somethingforyoureye
01-20-11, 10:30 AM
That phone number was the first thing I called. Mailbox was full, wouldn't let me leave a message. Nobody answers at the shop (I've called 12 times in a week) I've emailed......This is really gonna put a damper on my BRAND new customers relationship, Now He thinks I'M trying to pull a fast one:fan:

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 12:00 PM
I just possibly lost over $100,000.00 because of a company that ripped me off. I cannot explain at this time why. If that engine block shipment is slightly late I apologize, please bear in mind the discount I gave on it and please understand that not everything in business always works the way it should. I can issue a refund if need be, email me and after 5pm you will receive two tracking #s for the engine block.

I have been fighting an uphill battle and I possibly just lost about 7 Cadillacs because of my current landlord in Ontario, I don't know what to expect when I get back there. I am here for my customers as good as I possibly can be at this time. Please understand. This will all smooth over soon.

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 12:07 PM
My best friend and former shop employee just sold a 97 ETC that they still owed me $1400 on, and plan to keep the money as a personal loan. So my level of trust just went straight to hell. I can only imagine how people feel about dealing with a company who has no receptionist currently and cannot get ahold of me. I'm here to serve the Cadillac world and it will remain that way, I will do my best at ALL times and I will always guarantee either refunds or the product you expect, no exceptions. I have a bunch of orders that I have to get out to UPS, so for the next few hours that's where I'll be. Working on that.

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 12:21 PM
Goddamn UPS can't get anything straight, lost one package for one of my customer and the replacement got sent to the wrong address in Winnipeg. They have it back now and now they're saying the damn package doesn't have the correct customs information; I fill out paperwork for these all the time. If I cannot get this stud kit in my customer's hands by tomorrow I'm going to issue the man a refund. This is pathetic.

somethingforyoureye
01-20-11, 12:26 PM
Hey man, all I'm askin for is some info....DID MY PARTS ALREADY GET SHIPPED? I don't wanna rip this thing apart and have it set on my lift indefinitely. I ordered them a week ago (When the card was charged). Sorry about all your shit...but that's your shit. My customers don't care about my shit either, that's not why there my customers. Jake, can I please get a tracking number? Or a phone call?

somethingforyoureye
01-20-11, 12:29 PM
I hope that wasn't my package your talking about,..I dont want a refund (they dont hold heads to engine worth a crap). I want studs.......

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 12:33 PM
You will get a phone call or email from me after 5, as I said, but no. When this shit involves my business and the future of it, it involves customers too. You may not see it that way but if I explained it to you differently you would. Enough with the internet, I have work to do, Phone calls believe it or not tie me up from doing my job and until I rehire a receptionist; filling current orders and making sure things get done is #1 priority. I sincerely apologize.

somethingforyoureye
01-20-11, 12:47 PM
OK, I'll call my customer....and tell him......I'll call him later. Wait, what? ok I'll go along.

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 01:05 PM
UPS's screw ups always rest on my shoulders so once again I apologize, I will contract a different shipping company if need be because this is f-ing rediculous what's been going on. If this keeps up I will be setting up a distributorship in the USA because when people order stud kits, they need them PRONTO. In the mean time, anyone who is planning HG work or has a shop planning to do HG work, order as much in advance as possible, and shops- I cannot stress this enough - keep a set of studs in stock for both 93-99 and 2000+ at all times. Nobody needs a vehicle tied up in the shop waiting for parts. Keep adequate stock as a buffer to avoid any possible delays.

501mach1
01-20-11, 08:54 PM
i would prefer to have some communication [answer the phone ,i do and i work for myself] and i want my block ,but i ain't waiting forever.u have been paid ,u stated plainly that it would go out by wednesday the 12th and i havent seen it yet. DID YOU SEND IT AND WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT IT? this should be easy.obviously u wouldn't issue a refund if the block is on it's way. that makes me believe it ain't left yet.answer this or call me ,u have the number .also it is 8:45 here and i checked my emails and there isn't anything from u . wow, what should i have expected.please fix this or i will do everything in my power to make sure u don't do this to someone else.rest assured!

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 10:17 PM
You haven't trusted me from the beginning, that's fine. I had three engine blocks in a row that had mismachined bottom ends off the one pallet so I have been checking these blocks for proper tolerances, that's why the order has been delayed. I didn't have all of my special measuring tools and guages in Manitoba until they arrived today. I will call Moneris in the morning and get the approval code and issue that $700 refund.

Sometimes it's more important to wait a couple days and make sure everything is within tolerance, make sure it passes Q.C. before anything goes out the door. Well the block I have packaged up for you is perfect, no defects, perfect tolerances for the crank main bearings and such.

Order cancelled. Your money will be refunded tomorrow. I will not tolerate statements like the one you just made, or such as the one in your email accusing me of fraud. It's been a rough week for me and the price I was going to sell you this block for, simply isn't worth any further aggravation.

edb150
01-20-11, 11:38 PM
Jake its Joe from Midwest Cadillac Repair . We talked once before about distributing studs fom my illinois location so let me know if i can help . call me 847 878 5676. and by the way we just completed our 50th head gasket job

97EldoCoupe
01-20-11, 11:50 PM
There's a chance that will happen soon Joe. By March/April I will have completed restructuring my company so it will run smooth whether I'm here or not. I still plan to be here 24/7, but with sales where they are and the demand and need for the product, if something should happen to me the company needs to keep moving forward.

Congrats on the 50th HG job! :highfive:

somethingforyoureye
01-21-11, 12:10 AM
Hey Jake, I know this is all UPS's fault but... the tracking number info says that you printed the label yesterday, and it's not yet in thier possesion. Look, its this simple, just say "hey your shit will be there in march" or whatever and quit giving me the run around. When it gets here, isn't as important as me knowing when its getting here.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 12:25 AM
The few people that have access to my FB account know that I'm on the f-ing verge of doing what JD did to himself back a while back in his Mark VIII. Wanna push me a little further?!

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 12:38 AM
I just watched my whole life and everything I worked for go to hell in a hand basket in the last 7 days. Everyone turned on me including my two best friends. I'm being kicked when I'm down.

Sal please remove me from the forums. Keep current month's advertising dollars. Northstar Performance is closed. Current orders paid for, with exception to that engine block sale will be shipped or are in transit. Congratulations to the people who wished this on me; your wish came true.

Goodnight.

somethingforyoureye
01-21-11, 12:55 AM
facebook..?.JD..?.WTF..? Why do you still continue to side step my question? Im not asking you to do math or babysit. Hey Jake, when do you expect to ship those studs (just need to tell my customer something)? Im a buisiness owner to, I know shit gets crazy but....... if it aint in the cards then tell me to kick rocks, refund my customers credit card and I'll put inserts in it. Its not such a big deal that you gotta do whatever JD did in a mark8.

501mach1
01-21-11, 09:03 AM
this takes the cake. jake ,u plainly stated that my block would be shipped POSSITVELY by the 12th ,but u would try to have it out on the 10th. so now u state in front of everybody that u still don't have it out and it's now the 20th. thats real good business, my friend. i strongly suggest refunding my money NOW or i'm contacting visa for fraud and i will give them this website as evidence. this is not a joke.u picked the wrong person to play with this time . DO NOT DEAL WITH NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!

ponyboyt
01-21-11, 09:16 AM
I worked non-stop since boxing day. No one paid. Everyone was supposed to pay yesterday. I got 1 person to pay half what he owed. The rest paid either less or nothing. They dont answer the phone, or make excuses. I have 4 jobs i wanted to do this weekend but im not ordering parts because if i do, i wont eat. Nice big circle that goes round and round eh. Makes me wanna quit. Ive had people send me equipment to repair, i fix it and send it back, and they tell their friends i "stole parts" from them..... i think ive had 3 do that to me so far.

I feel like that makes me look bad, word gets around, yadda yadda, its never turned into a problem though. I still have work every day. Some times stuff breaks afterwards because people are clueless. I get blamed for it, i dont get paid, yadda yadda, i still have new customers every week.

I run this out of my house. Tried to open a store once, it wasnt meant to be. Guess i was thinking too big. I do just fine the way it is now.

Give me a shout Jake, im not going anywhere all weekend. Its too cold and i dont have heated seats ;)

ponyboyt
01-21-11, 09:30 AM
this takes the cake. jake ,u plainly stated that my block would be shipped POSSITVELY by the 12th ,but u would try to have it out on the 10th. so now u state in front of everybody that u still don't have it out and it's now the 20th. thats real good business, my friend. i strongly suggest refunding my money NOW or i'm contacting visa for fraud and i will give them this website as evidence. this is not a joke.u picked the wrong person to play with this time . DO NOT DEAL WITH NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!

I dont get how there are so many here right on this forum who have dealt with Jake -no issues- yet a few pop up like this and raise hell? We seem to hear (see?) a lot of comments like this that turn out to be a small piece of the story, the story changes a bit, and the problem ends up going away.

heh, just like my post before this....

501mach1
01-21-11, 09:33 AM
u guys are a bunch of clowns or fakes or frauds. i've been in business for myself for 10 years and have never treated a customer this way,nor have i had all of these problem.maybe its karma,huh. what goes around ,comes around . maybe u lie to people ,hench people lie to u .treat people right and u will typically have things go ur way. it seems u must treat everybody like crap so guess what happens to u. it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. yadda yadda yadda.bs bs bs .

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 09:41 AM
I will need you to call me with your visa #, expiry date, and CS code immediately so I can process the refund. 204-324-6410 I am sitting here, waiting.

501mach1
01-21-11, 09:42 AM
read this whole thread and put the pieces together urself.this clown said he would do something ,i paid [my part was done] and northstar performance didn't do their part .he plainly said he had 180 new blocks sitting there. no waiting on parts,they were in his building. all he had to do was sent it.how damn easy was that ,no excuses period. OVER A WEEK later he still hadn't sent it .are u kidding me . maybe none of u were meant to be in business.anybody making excuse for this are completely out of line.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 09:45 AM
I think I'm gonna let this guy go through Visa. Either way it comes out of my acct, I cannot issue the refund without his credit card info, and he won't calm down enough to give it to me.

ponyboyt
01-21-11, 09:47 AM
Jake are you talking about 7 cars that were in storage? Or 7 customer cars? If its the storage cars, i have 2 tilt 'n loads with lifts available, cheap but not free, i have room for maybe 2 dozen cars down here. Only issue is the damn snow...

501mach1
01-21-11, 09:50 AM
if this clown thinks i'm stupid enough to give him my info twice so he can steal twice ,he must think i'm as stupid as him.damn right visa will take care of it. also a note to people considering this guy,he never would respond until i got on here and made a complaint.fraud ,period.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 09:54 AM
How long have you been a member of the forums 501Mach1? How long have I been in business helping Cadillac owners? You don't know the half of what I've done since I started Northstar Performance, accusing me of fraud having barely heard of my company is pure ignorance. Read my 1869 posts then come back and tell me I'm in the business of committing fraud.

501mach1
01-21-11, 10:02 AM
u were totally fraudulent in this case.please explain why u took my money and still a week and a half after u said it would ship,still hadn't sent it. PLEASE EXPLAIN COMPLETELY AND MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.i was only on this site because someone said i could find u on here and find good info on northstar.well i got some good info but i got taken to by u. ur pathetic.as has been noted ,u clearly havent even sent my block.u sound like a politician ,making all kinds of excuses but never fessing up.so far this is a complete waste of my time.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 10:15 AM
Note to all other CF members, I will not ship faulty items to anyone, I found three blocks in a row that were mismachined, why I have them I don't know but in the engine business tolerance is incredibly important. I don't know how many of my blocks are actually scrap and how many are good, I built up about 6 of them and had no issues.

I APOLOGIZE that I CARED to CHECK the block for imperfections before sending it out. I apologize that I wanted this customer to have a block that he could install into his DTS and have NO issues with crank clearances.

And as I told the customer on the phone, the blocks were stored in Manitoba and I had to GET THERE before I could send any out. No patience, no engine block, refund? fine- no problem - but if this man knew anything about processing VISA cards, either the card has to be present or the full card number, expiry date, and I think the verification code have to be entered to refund money. Don't trust me enough to give me that to get a refund? No refund - call VISA and have fun with them. I've already called Moneris and let them know they can expect a call and chargeback.

98eldo32v
01-21-11, 10:20 AM
OK GENTLEMEN !!!! CAN WE ACT LIKE GENTLEMEN FOR 5 MINUTES TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE!!!!

I don't know what in the world went down per se. It looks like a engine block was supposed to be shipped out and it wasn't on time. (Of course, if your're running a business and can't get your parts you now have your customer breathing on your neck. NOT GOOD). IF THAT'S THE CASE, ARGUING ABOUT IT NOW ISN'T RESOLVING THE ISSUE.

THE ISSUE IS:

DO YOU STILL WANT THE ENGINE? IF YES, JAKE HOW DAMN FAST CAN YOU SHIP IT!
IF YOU DON'T WANT THE ENGINE, JAKE REFUND THE MONEY AND UNFORTUNATELY THIS SITUATION DIDN'T WORK OUT.

IN BUSINESS, TIME IS MONEY. YES, WE WOULD LIKE EVERYTHING TO GO PERFECT, BUT LIFE ISN'T PERFECT AND NEITHER ARE WE.

NOBODY LOST A LIMB OR AN EYE.

HELL I DON'T LIKE WAITING AT THE BANK, MCDONALDS OR FOR THAT MATTER TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING.

YET, WHEN SOMETHING IS IN DEMAND OR A SERVICE THAT IS BEING RENDERED THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE NEED, WHAT IS ONE TO DO?

JAKE, FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU COULDN'T /DIDN'T GET THE BLOCK OUT TELL THE MAN SO HE CAN TELL THE CUSTOMER SOMETHING.

501MACH1, I UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING YOU EXPECT TO GET IT. BEING IN THE AUTOMOTIVE BUSINESS AS LONG AS I HAVE, BELIEVE ME I'VE HEARD IT ALL.

YET, WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS IS IN HIGH DEMAND AND IF YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING WHAT JAKE HAS BEEN GOING THROUGH, YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE THERE IS GOING TO BE MISTAKES.

YET, THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU GUYS TO BE GETTING INTO A PISSING MATCH.

IT'S WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE. THE DAMAGE IS DONE, HOW DO YOU GUYS FIX IT. PERIOD.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 10:24 AM
I liked my job a lot more when all I was doing was the repairs. I was believe it or not, making more money, less headaches, I was happier. Less paperwork, less bullshit. Even the stud kits - I don't make the profits off of them that I do working on the vehicles.

I just got a call from a customer in Calgary who now has one of these new blocks in her '01 ETC, she made it home safe and thanked me again for my hard work.

Submariner409
01-21-11, 10:25 AM
Jake, Clear out your PM box.

.................and take 98eldo's advice.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 10:32 AM
Yeah Ron, I've dealt with enough headaches already. I don't even feel it's worth the keystrokes to respond, in all honesty. I've said what I needed to say, I've got a long trip ahead of me to save my Cadillac collection (Mason I think I'll be ok but I may need to take you up on that offer for the flatbed).

Decency is a two way street and I am not that desperate for money or selling off my engine block collection that I'm going to let someone walk all over me. I offer this service much to the benefit of others, not just to have a paycheck.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 10:35 AM
PM box cleared Jim.

ponyboyt
01-21-11, 10:36 AM
u guys are a bunch of clowns or fakes or frauds.

proves my point.

i've been in business for myself for 10 years and have never treated a customer this way,

dont even try and tell me 10 years and you have never had a pissed off customer. People make shit up, dont know what they are talking about, and they go and spew off at the mouth.

Again:

u guys are a bunch of clowns or fakes or frauds.

who?

98eldo32v
01-21-11, 10:39 AM
I liked my job a lot more when all I was doing was the repairs. I was believe it or not, making more money, less headaches, I was happier. Less paperwork, less bullshit. Even the stud kits - I don't make the profits off of them that I do working on the vehicles.

I just got a call from a customer in Calgary who now has one of these new blocks in her '01 ETC, she made it home safe and thanked me again for my hard work.

Jake, I understand what you mean by working on the repairs. The reason being when you're doing the repairs, you're BY YOURSELF. You have control of what goes on and when. You don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.

Since the stud kits are in high demand, you have to keep plenty on hand ready to ship. In reality, they should be boxed up already and just need labels slapped on them and out they go.

Engines and other stuff. Yes, check them and double check them before you ship them. NOBODY WANTS TO GET A BLOCK THAT WASN'T INSPECTED AND HAS DAMAGE ON IT. That helps alleviate problems, but in the grand scheme of things, sometimes s**t happens, but you try to keep it at a minimun.

I sent you and email @ info@northstarperformance. I truly hope you read it.

98eldo32v

501mach1
01-21-11, 10:40 AM
please note that once again there was no reason given other than a bunch of lame excuses.of course i wanted a block or i wouldn't have contacted him.the trust is completely gone and i now want my money back.i'm not giving him my visa number because of said trust issue.hopefully visa will correct this. u guys should have heard this guy on the phone telling my how positively and promptly he would get my block in transit and as u can plainly see he didn't . his phone mail bank was full for the last week or longer. wouldn't return emails etc.this is totally unexcusable,period.none ,nada. please view this thread completely before making judgements.u will see who is at fault just by reading.

501mach1
01-21-11, 10:44 AM
of course i've had a few [very few ] upset customers,but not for taking their money and not delivering on a promise. not for completely lying to them.boldface lying.maybe thats why i haven't had pissed of customers,because i do what i say 99.9 % of the time . maybe thats the difference ,huh.

501mach1
01-21-11, 11:06 AM
a side note;if northstar performance is so busy ,how come all of these threads are almost immediately answered yet no communication otherwise,phone ,email etc. fraud plain and simple.

Submariner409
01-21-11, 11:09 AM

The bottom line is that this is a business arrangement between you and Jake that needs to be worked out by direct communication, NOT by a bunch of "he said, she said......" back & forth on the Internet.

Jake has a lot of satisfied customers and a few not-so-satisfied, and your incessant posting is not going to change that. Nor is it going to cause anyone in CF to change horses.

If Jake were the average Cadillac dealership's Service Manager, as so often complained about in here, he'd be dead meat. The fact that he chooses to keep plugging away at firming up his business is positive enough testimony for me.

EDIT: Just saw your "If he's so busy".........post. One can look at your posts the same way: How busy are YOU ? (Before you knee-jerk, some of us are retired....)

98eldo32v
01-21-11, 11:24 AM
501mach1,

I understand your position and can relate. Yet, There are somethings I can't clearly see. IF you've waited this long and came on here for a resolution to the problem:

1. If you needed a new engine and WAITED THIS LONG, what's another week worse case scenario?!

2. You PAID for the engine, didn't get it unfortunately on time. Went through all this hassle on here, and DON'T WANT TO GIVE JAKE THE CARD NUMBER FOR AN IMMEDIATE REFUND. Now, everybody is different. Yet, if it was me. I WANT MY MONEY NOW IF I WENT THROUGH ALL THAT YOU HAVE......

3. You state his voice mail has been full for the past week. (my personal experience, IT'S NEVER BEEN EMPTY). With a huge number of vehicles with this issue and basically one person with a fix that is rock soild with a warranty, you expect his voice mail to be empty?!

4. This isn't a finger pointing contest. Did Jake promise to ship out by a certain date. Sure he did. Did it happen, no it didn't. PEOPLE GET MARRIED EVERYDAY, TILL DEATH DO US PART. DO THEY KEEP THAT PROMISE?! MOST DON'T. S**T HAPPENS!! THE QUESTION IS WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?!

NOW ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?

I ORDERED MY STUDS JAN 4. THE SHIPPING LABEL STATES JAN 13, I RECEIVED MY STUDS THE 20TH.
OK, LET'S LOOK AT THE VARIABLES:
1. JAKE IS A ONE MAN SHOW AT THE MOMENT
2. HE'S IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING THE SHOP
3. HE'S STILL FIXING CARS
4. HE'S TAKING OTHER ORDERS AND TRYING TO FILL THEM
5. HE HAS TO DO ALL THE QUALITY CONTROL WORK HIMSELF SINCE HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S LOOKING AT
6. HE PROBABLY HAS TO BOX UP AND SHIP EVERYTHING HIMSELF
7. HE HAS TO DO ALL THE PAPERWORK ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHIPPING AND RECEIVEING

THE LIST CAN GO ON AND ON. YET, I GOT MY STUDS AND THEY HAD TO STILL GO THROUGH U.S. CUSTOMS AND THAT COULD TAKE FOREVER.

I CALLED A FEW TIMES, GOT WHAT YOU DID "UH OH, THE USER OF THIS MAILBOX IS FULL. PLEASE TRY YOUR CALL AGAIN LATER". IT'S ANNOYING BUT IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS, TO BE EXPECTED.

TOO MANY NORTHSTARS AND ONE HIGH DEMAND FIX SPELLS PROBLEMS. EVEN WITH THE RIGHT PERSONNEL THERE IS GOING TO STILL BE PROBLEMS.

I HAD TO ACCEPT THE FACT THIS IS A HIGH DEMAND ITEM AND REPAIR SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

IF I WAS RUNNING A BUSINESS, YES I EXPECT TO KNOW WHEN MY ITEM WAS SHIPPED OUT AND HOW SOON I'M GOING TO GET IT. YET, THINGS GET LOST IN TRANSIT. WORSE, YOU GET IT AND IT'S DAMAGED OR MISSING PIECES.

THIS SITUATION WAS A BREAK DOWN IN COMMUNICATION. THAT'S THE ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO RESOLVED AND MOVE ON.

501mach1
01-21-11, 11:39 AM
quite obviously u too don't get it .this is NOT a break down in communication.absolutely NOT.this is not doing what was supposed to be done.that is clearly two completely different things entirely. and his phone mail has almost always been full.i called once about 2months ago and got him,then could not get in touch with him untill i got on here and left this thread,as u cud see if ur read this completely.then after he took my order and took my money it was full again.i called several times each day and should have phone records to prove it.simply do not promise what u CANT EVEN COME CLOSE TO DELIVER!!! again NOT a breakdown in communication.maybe u think this is acceptable . I DON'T.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 11:44 AM
Sometimes I don't answer my phones. I'll be under a car turning a wrench. I'll be on a stack of engines checking part numbers. I'll be on the road driving by a cop itching to hand out citations - I'll be on the road on the way back to Ontario (three cars I need to finish there!) I could be on the line with someone else, the wind could have taken my phone line down, I could be in the hospital having heart surgery. Get the drift?

Last year my phone line got hit my lightning, by the time I got all the systems and connections back up and running I had a lot of angry people on the line.

50% of my phone calls are technical questions and people asking me if their head gaskets are blown or not, when they are 500 miles away from me. Some ask for tips to prolong their HG life - So sometimes I ignore my phones - I need a receptionist real bad, to filter these calls -

So if I ignore calls sometimes because I have to prepare shipments and I'm racing the clock, I don't return calls or emails when I should.

somethingforyoureye
01-21-11, 12:04 PM
Still throughout all of this B.S I'm left wondering....where's MY parts? Jake you called and gave me a tracking number, that had a label printed for it the 19th but "UPS does not yet have possession". I'm going to get my customers card info and give it to you (I want a refund). I ordered my parts the 13th if it was un-available just say so! This whole thing has way more people involved that it had to: My customer has had to rearrange his whole schedule three times, (he doesn't care who's fault it is). My employee waiting around for a job that was scheduled that were waiting on parts for, and now my other customers who have gotten shoved back. I would gladly do, and redo Timeserts to not have gone through this. And all this posting nonsense......the only thing your doing is making excuses...JUST PICK UP THE PHONE. And stop putting the blame on everything (UPS didn't lose my order..you still have it), Take some responsibility and move forward.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 12:13 PM
501Mach1 -

VISA 0052 414709***1731 PURCHASE $700.00 APPROVED M 07173C 0000000000 2Q02

This is your payment, call me with the rest of the credit card info and I will refund your money, this is the last time I will ask to settle things nicely, or you can do it through VISA and cry fraud.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 12:20 PM
somethingforyoureye get that card from your customer and I'll do the same for you, enough with this B.S. I have to send a couple sets of studs out before 2:30 to shops that I continuously supply, they are still my customers and will continue to be, they will not be paying for someone else's actions.

501mach1
01-21-11, 12:33 PM
i'm hopin this is my last post. unfortunately i do not trust this situation enough to give out my visa #. hopefully visa and u will resolve this and we can move on .i have all of the proof on this end . i might be dumb but i ain't stupid.i am 48 years old and have never had a situation as bad as this before.maybe lucky ,maybe karma ,whatever.my life typically goes smooth and that is how i expect it to go.this was far from smooth. peace out.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 12:53 PM
i might be dumb but i ain't stupid.

I'll refrain from responding to that.

H & B Automotive in Florida is a great shop to get work done, Harvey is the owner, I hope he doesn't mind me promoting his shop but he can verify UPS's screw-ups. They lost the first package, the second one that I sent out express never left Winnipeg. He's frustrated and so am I, I'm beyond pissed. But Harvey said I want the best repair in my customer's engine.

I see the problems with shipping and if I ever figure out a way where I won't have to drink at night to calm my nerves and keep everything going, I will remedy the shipping issues by shipping from within the USA. Plain and simple.

I can tell you one thing; I don't work this hard to please @$$holes. I'd rather be flat broke and happy than doing ok with this business and continually living a miserable life because I have to hear all of this nonsense. Now I have $645 per month truck payments because I never had time to fix my own damn car. If I was smart I'd close the business for a month and take a long fishing trip.

ponyboyt
01-21-11, 01:10 PM
If I was smart I'd close the business for a month and take a long fishing trip.

Its a bit cold up here for that. But hey, spend a few days and get yourself a car going, and drive it to Florida :)

RippyPartsDept
01-21-11, 01:11 PM
Will someone please close this thread already?

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 01:20 PM
:yeah:

CF is a great website. Because of me this section is going to hell. I apologize Sal. You worked hard at this site. I will stop taking a stand of defense. You and the other regular members do not deserve this. I resign as a member for this reason.

501mach1
01-21-11, 02:15 PM
please note;this sack of sh-- has never said why i don't have what he willingly took my money for.he keeps changeing the subject.not to mention that he has spent enough time making up excuses and typing them on here to have packaged and sent a block numerous times.or studs or whatever else he owes someone .

Ranger
01-21-11, 02:25 PM
Don't beat yourself up.
Don't take a vacation........yet.
Don't resign.
Do solve the problems you have.
Do figure out a solution to prevent them from reoccurring.
Do get some help. You simply cannot take and fill orders, ship them, answer calls and emails, give advice over the phone, place your own orders and repair cars all by yourself. Remember Jake, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You're a good guy with good intentions and a hard worker, but YOU CANNOT DO IT ALL ALONE.

501mach1
01-21-11, 02:43 PM
DO WHAT U SAY UR GONNA DO. easy. hell, at least be close.this ain't even close.

97EldoCoupe
01-21-11, 02:51 PM
I guess the O.P. does not read.

I've tried to remain open for business during this move and that has been a mistake. Current stud kit orders up until 1:40pm CT 21/01/2011 will be shipped. To all others; stud kits will not be sold until further notice. I will no longer sell engines or parts thereof, or gasket kits, or even engines for that matter.

I will continue to do HG replacement work, that's how I started, that has done well for me. I will resume selling stud kits when and only when my move is finally complete and when I no longer have to travel to and from Ontario. The kits will be guaranteed at your door in 2 weeks from the time of order, no exceptions. I don't even want to hear a word about it until the 15th day. I will do everything in my power to speed up ship times; as I understand the business and waiting on parts; but I will not be responsible for shipping companies errors or delays. After 14 days then I will gladly issue a refund; provided the kit comes back to me. Nothing in life is free and too many people want everything free, from me. At the end of the day it's my hard earned dollars paying for all of the developements, the suppliers, the shipping companies, covering losses, phone calls,

All of my free time; if any; will be spent more wisely enjoying life after normal work hours to help me keep my sanity. Frankly this used to be a passion that I enjoyed working at. Lately it's been a rope around my neck.

Ranger I will hire help if and when I get back on my feet, there has to be money in the account to sign paychecks. Next time I won't be as soft on my help. They try taking days off and still requesting pay; or take hour long lunch breaks watching Youtube videos, when there's work to be done; I will fire them on the spot.

501 I wish you were here in person right now.

00 Deville
01-21-11, 03:40 PM
Will someone please close this thread already?

I'll second that motion.

Ranger
01-21-11, 03:45 PM
I left this thread open in hopes that an amicable solution could be reached by both sides. I guess it has run it's coarse. I hope things work out for all parties. Thread closed.