: Replacement lower rubber front deflector for the V?

01-03-11, 05:17 PM
Like everyone else at one point or another, my lower rubber sheild is missing a section, and since I am now having to get a brand new radiator, I would like to get a new one to help protect it in any way possible. Now, what are the options. I was told there may be some aftermarket choices available, or am I stuck with the stock one? Also, what can be done to prevent it from being torn apart again in the future?

01-03-11, 05:48 PM
I am unaware of any aftermarket options for that unit. I would contact Luke at Lindsay to see what he can do for you price wise.

As far as preventing it from being torn, just watch out for the parking blocks, it's about all you can do :)

01-03-11, 08:07 PM
hah get a APR performance carbon fiber splitter instead, you'd be my hero and
my guinea pig (I'd ask them to make another one of yours?)

(it takes a cardboard cutout of your bumper area and the size of the splitter you'd like.
very flimsy method considering how expensive and permanent the resulting product
is going to be.)

I'm leaving for all of Jan and the V is going to be parked... I might be willing to sell
you mine to help me get one of APR's splitters. Feb, though. I'll check back...

my suggestion is off the wall, but ya know. my .02

I wish I was closer to home, they're ten miles from me in LA. I'd let them use my
car to develop a proper one that replaces the stock air dam under the bumper and
engine support.

01-04-11, 02:22 PM
Got mine from Luke. Can't remember price though.

01-04-11, 04:17 PM
i priced them at around $100 this summer, if memory serves, from Cadillac.

01-04-11, 04:22 PM
I got one for my V from GMPartsDirect.com for about $100 shipped. Part #25716142 (listed as an air deflector). You'll also need some plastic pins to hold it in place, but you can reuse the ones you have. I saw a thread where people were using garage door weatherstripping as replacements on other cars. (I think I was following a link about splitters from this forum when I saw this) That would be a much cheaper replacement solution although I don't know how well that holds up either.