: Any CT lawyers out there?

Kingoftypos
01-03-11, 05:37 PM
Hi there,
I got in trouble twice with in 6 days. The first time I admit fault, the second time I just don't understand.

The first problem was that I made an improper lane change. Perfectly understand that ticket. But what I didn't understand was receiving a ticket for an unregistered car. To get to the point, she had my paper work for 15 minutes and what not. So when she gave me back the stuff to send me on my way. Stupid me opens my mouth and asked her how was I supposed to re-register my car. I should be doing it soon since I just had the emissions done last week. Well it had expired back on 10-29-2010. Dumb founded I didn't know why, but it's there in black and white. Nevertheless she gave me a ticket for it. So I couldn't drive away, at least I was parked on private land so she couldn't tow it. What baffles me is the fact she had my paper work for 15 minutes and didn't noticed it.

Then just last night, minding my own business. Just left a bar, apparently this is a "favorite spot" for cops. I didn't know, it's been 7 or 8 months since I even had an alcoholic drink. I kept it to a minimum, only 2 beers in 2.5 hours and a glass of water. I had actually left just 15 minutes before last call because I didn't like the fact there were a few people smoking weed right on the dance floor. Smoking it doesn't bother me, what does was the fact the mofos were doing it right in public at a bar on reggie night. Anyways, the cop saw me walk to my car, parked across the street in the same parking lot the cop was hanging out at. Eh no big deal to me as I was perfectly fine and what not. So I pulled out of a different exit than where he was. But he still had to go out of his way to get behind me. Which he did, and I looked down at the speedometer and saw 26ish, limit 25. So I just kept it steady then all of sudden red and blue lights. WTF? Pulled over and handed the needed paper work. I asked why I was pulled over and his response was "possible suspended license." Looked at him with a dumb founded look "what?" Goes back for 5 minutes and came back to say "yep, sorry to tell you but your license is suspended." He knew that I came from the bar, cus he said that saw me. But he gave me 2 large breaks. First I was supposed to be arrested, but he let me go on a $1,000 bond/promise to appear. And he allowed me to phone a friend to move my car into a parking lot.

Apparently I've been suspended since Feb of 2010. Never knew it, never received a letter or anything like it. The only thing that I could think of was that I was to take a class, which I did. But I also received a second letter during the same week of the first letter requiring me to attend the class. I already made the time for the first class and I called the DMV asking them about the second notice. They had me on hold for a few minutes, came back and told me that, that was a computer glitch. And that I was the 3 or 4th person to have that problem.

I am actually lost on why the first cop didn't see that. I know that she didn't see the unreg car. But she called my plate number in and dispatch responded with my name a a confirm of an expired reg. Nothing about my license, I know because I heard it.

I just had to get that off of my chest, thanks for reading. lol

KOT

Kingoftypos
01-04-11, 05:23 PM
A major update. The suspended license is all a mistake. According to the DMV I did not take a class that I am supposed to. Called the school that I believe that I went to and they say that I did. So I just have to get all the paper work straighten out myself.

A huge boulder is off of my shoulders now.

KOT