Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking for a V

741 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CTSVBIGGIE 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking at an '06 CTS-V in Light Platinum Metallic with 72K miles and I have a few questions. The dealer has it listed for $17.9K is this a good price? Are there any issues I need to look for when checking the car out? I'll be trading my '06 SER for it and it has been pretty problem-free, I just want to make sure I'm not buying something I'm going to have to spend a ton of money fixing. Thanks!

#2 ·
Im looking into CTS-Vs as well. You coming from the SPECV SER world or Altima SER?

There is a nice sticky at the top of the page in general that goes over common things when purchasing a used CTS-V. But from my reading,short obvious things, the 06-07s sorted out the bulk of the rear diff issues and come with the bigger better motor too.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I have an Altima SER. It's actually a pretty impressive car, but the FWD is really getting to me. I did read over the stickies about the issues and found that to be pretty good info. I guess my question was more about whether or not what that dealer is asking is a reasonable price. I don't plan on paying what's on the sticker, but I want to know how low I should be negotiating.

#5 ·
^ what he said on pricing. Im looking at 06-07s with under 40k on them and they are all in the 24-27k range. So that seems like a GREAT price.

Carfax it. Check for all normal wear items.

Are they offering any warranty on it?

Also I came from the SpecV world before I got into my Subaru Legacy GT(which is leaving soon to pay for a CTS-V). And I loved that car. especially the guys who were putting the VQ out of the SER altimas and Maximas into their sentras... quick but alas still FWD. I so feel you on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.