: 2011 SRX rear glass washer fluid help

Buck1962
01-03-11, 01:42 AM
Made a trip over the weekend. Very wet, nasty driving. Went to use the rear wiper washer for the first time, and I think there may be a problem. The fluid doesn't "spray" - seems to just run out. Plus, it comes out where only the very end of the wiper actually grabs it. Took a lot of water just to clean the glass.

Is this normal? Seems that the spray nozzle should have a little more force and be aimed more toward the center of the glass. I looked at the nozzle but it doesn't appear to be adjustable.

Any reply would be appreciated... thanks!

TRMN8R1
01-03-11, 08:47 AM
Noticed that too, the first time I used it. Had to use it again this past week, and thought the same thing. I sort of pours out, no spray, thought it odd. I'll be following this string with you.

sube5186
01-03-11, 12:39 PM
It doesn't spray "exactly" in the middle of the wipe area, but the motion of the wiper should draw it into that area. The fluid should have an even, cone shaped spray pattern. If not, try cleaning the nozzle area. It may be partially clogged.

Also, don't forget you have headlight washers too. The headlights must be on to use them. Pull the wiper lever toward you and hold briefly to activate them. They'll spray once, pause, and then spray again. They'll then spray again after five windshield wash cycles.

Sube

Cad96k
01-03-11, 01:26 PM
Concur this is not optimal. I noticed my rear dispenser sprays the majority of the fluid just above the reach of the wiper. However, it does drip and the wiper drags the spray across. However, far too much fluid remains outside the wiper's path.

I asked my dealership if they could align the nozzle to spray more into the path of the wiper. They ended up cleaning it (which I didn't ask for and it wasn't required) and the spray was exactly the same, so I guess the aim can't be changed.

If anyone finds out the aim can be adjusted, please post.

Cad96k
01-03-11, 01:28 PM
Concur this is not optimal. I noticed my rear dispenser sprays the majority of the fluid just above the reach of the wiper. It does drip and the wiper drags the spray across. However, far too much fluid remains outside the wiper's path.

I asked my dealership if they could align the nozzle to spray more into the path of the wiper. They ended up cleaning it (which I didn't ask for and it wasn't required) and the spray was exactly the same, so I guess the aim can't be changed.

If anyone finds out the aim can be adjusted, please post.

TheCaptain
01-03-11, 04:00 PM
Yea, our "spray" pattern is just a big shot of fluid into the wiper's path. :)

Buck1962
01-03-11, 08:58 PM
Guys/Gals, I appreciate all of the replies. Seems the consensus is this is the way it's supposed to be. Just seems like a big waste of water though. Most runs right on off the back glass - the wiper picks up only about a third of it.

Life isn't perfect. I guess the SRX isn't either.

Again, thanks! :thumbsup: