: Got 1 XLR rim for 96 Fleetwood Ups is giving other 3 senic tour

Wheels
09-24-04, 03:14 PM
I bought a set of XLR rims and tires 18 x 8 with 235/50/18 with 230 mileson them. They shipped out of cali on the 13th got 1 on the 20th the other 3 tracking #'s showed them in Il then on the 22nd I tracked them again and they are back in cali and not due to be delivered till 27th I hate when UPS screws up (left them on the train) then don't make the effort to speed them up. I hope that a extra week in the box is not to hard on them. On the other hand I can't wait to test fit this one on my 96 Fleetwood Brougham I think they are gonig to look awesome!!! Just got the Impala SS front springs installed a few weekends ago dropped the front from 28 3/4" (measured from the ground to center of wheelwell) to 26 3/4". I haven't had time to install the rear springs I think I will wait till after I install the rims because I think that I like the rake that it has now and I'm afraid that it will sit level or lower in the back with the Impala SS springs. I know that it will take a adapter to make the rims fit going from the 5 on 5 Fleetwood bolt pattern to the 5 on 4.75 XLR bolt pattern and they will need to be about 2" thick. After I double check the thickness of the adapter needed I'll get them ordered.

HotRodSaint
09-24-04, 03:40 PM
I'm certainly curious to see how it looks. :thumbsup:

BeelzeBob
09-24-04, 04:26 PM
Hey, I think that'll look good. I'm going to subscribe to this topic. :)

FASSTWOOD
09-25-04, 12:07 AM
Im kinda skeptic about spacers but that wheel will look nice on there...
Keep us posted!!!

Leloz
09-25-04, 10:58 AM
Make sure the spacers/adapters you get are hubcentric, the non-hubcentric models are unsafe IMO.

I will subscribe to this topic too :worship: