: How To: Change a Camshaft positiong sensor on my 2002 cadillac escalade? P0342

LACbaby
01-02-11, 09:19 PM
Hello all,

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. I purchased an OBDDII scanner(something I always wanted) today and finally cleared my "change oil" light(long story but its cleared!). Well the sad news are, my EXT has thrown its first service engine light since I purchased it in 2004! The good news, I was able to pull the code from my new scanner. The results: P0342 - Camshaft positioning sensor.

I will like to replace it myself but have no idea where its located and what else is needed to replace. Can anyone tell me where its located?

Thanks for the help and hope this post can help me and others in the future!:thumbsup:

cham1127
01-24-13, 11:28 AM
Hello all,

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. I purchased an OBDDII scanner(something I always wanted) today and finally cleared my "change oil" light(long story but its cleared!). Well the sad news are, my EXT has thrown its first service engine light since I purchased it in 2004! The good news, I was able to pull the code from my new scanner. The results: P0342 - Camshaft positioning sensor.

I will like to replace it myself but have no idea where its located and what else is needed to replace. Can anyone tell me where its located?

Thanks for the help and hope this post can help me and others in the future!:thumbsup:

Please let me know when you find out,, thx u

wesyder
01-24-13, 06:30 PM
Hello all,

The earliest factory service manual i have is 2003 it shows its at the rear of the engine in the center of the valley (space between the cylinder heads) it shows the intake manifold must be removed to access