: 2003 Cts engine, please help!

gentryc2
01-02-11, 05:05 PM
Hello all, I am new to this site but I couldnt think of another way to try and figure out my problem. I have a cts 2003 engine and it only has 85k. all of the sudden the engine literally started sounding like a diesel truck. I took it to two mechanics and they say the engine is blown and they arnt really sure whats wrong with it, but the car still runs, they just dont know for how long. Does anyone know what this could be? I cant afford a new engine and was thinking that maybe it was something smaller to fix. If anyone knows anything or has any suggestions PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

dkozloski
01-02-11, 09:59 PM
That engine has a timing belt rather than chains like the later models. There have been a lot of reports about broken belts and jumped teeth.

ccclarke
01-31-11, 10:47 PM
Rather than waste time and $$$ on mechanics who obviously aren't knowledgeable about your vehicle's innards (otherwise they would know what's REALLY) wrong with it, why not make an appointment at your local dealership that specializes in the CTS and get a proper assessment of the engine's condition? Only then can you make an informed decision as to if the repair is beyond your means or worth it to keep the car running for another 85k. Read through the posts here and you'll see case after case of people trying to save money (dealerships aren't that much more expensive than a generic auto mechanic) only to spend more and get less.

CCC

vincentm
02-08-11, 08:22 PM
Well beside it sounding likea diesel. What are the other symptoms?