: Looking to buy either 2006 or 2007, Help Please

SCBeachBum
01-01-11, 06:13 PM
I am looking to get either a 2006 or 2007 Escalade but I am not sure which one would be better for me? What are the main differences between the two other than a change in the body style? I will also be using an electric lift for my motorized wheelchair that goes into the trailer hitch receiver. Does anyone else use one of these on their Escalade? I want to get that smaller Escalade instead of the ESV because I do not have enough room in my garage with the extra length with the lift attached. Will that make a big difference due to the shorter length and the smaller Escalade being a lighter weight vehicle? Any information will be greatly appreciated...

Thanking You In Advance,
SCBeachBum

CTSLack941
01-03-11, 01:41 AM
1. It depends on the price 2. Which has less miles and less wear and tear! 3. I always believe get the newest ride you can, even if it has a little more miles then the older model. 4. 2007 does have the new body style, or do you like the new one compared to the 2002-2006? You relly cant go wrong with either choice, its a LADE:)

SCBeachBum
01-04-11, 05:28 PM
CTSLack941, Thanks for your thoughts. I am more interested in the comfort of the ride and better options than the body style. I would like to get some first hand knowledge about what the difference is with what comes standard on the 2007 that the 2006 and below does not offer. Also I would like to know what options I should be looking for that does not come standard but makes them nice to have. (Something that I will think of later as "Something that I just can't live without"):cool: Right now I want to make sure it has the navigation package. There have been lots of times I will see something and say "I sure wish I had ordered that on the car I ordered". I hope that I am making my self clear. I can't always write what I am trying to get across.:hmm:

Have A Great Day,
SCBeachBum

CaddyEscalade
01-05-11, 11:10 AM
I don't think anything is the same, from drivetrian to the interior and options. I would go with the 2007 as you can get factory 22s, heated and cooled seats and cupholders, bigger Nav & dvd screens, and lots more horespower just to name a few things. The biggest reason as if you get a 2007, it looks identical to the 2011 which are like $80+K new. The downfall is there is about $10K difference in price for that 1 year jump. Just my .02

bstiffmanofsteel
01-07-11, 10:57 AM
I think you should go with the newer of the 2. I had a 2002 and have a 2007. The seats are not as comfy but it is a superior vehicle!

luxurylife33
01-08-11, 12:35 AM
spend the extra $ and get the 07...

jashearer
01-10-11, 10:27 AM
I think you should go with the newer of the 2. I had a 2002 and have a 2007. The seats are not as comfy but it is a superior vehicle!

The main reason I went with the '06 over the new bodystyle was for the seats. I have an '06 Silverado for the same reason.

Its also nice to have the extra cash in my bank account, but the main driver was comfortability for me and my family on long hauls.

Jay

SCBeachBum
01-10-11, 02:01 PM
Each of your posts have really given me some great info for thought. I will really have to go check out the comfort difference of the seats. That is one of the most important selling or should I say buying points for me. I have got to have a comfortable seat, one that fits by back and one that I will be able to sit in for a couple of hours without paying the price the next day. I have a bad back and I have to travel a couple of hours one way to go to my doctors offices. So I have to make that one of my most important considerations. If there are any more good people out there with any more ideas for me to think about, the more info the better. I really have to make buying this vehicle the right choice for me, this will most likely be the last vehicle I ever purchase.

Thanks So Much,
SCBeachBum