Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Diff..... bad vibrations and knocking

934 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Stepside 
#1 ·
05, my old diff started to make some whining so i decided to take it in and get it replace... i get the car back and the guy says that its gunna make some noise and to be easy on it for about 500 miles to let everything seat in.... i take the car out and right form the start as i acc. from a stop there is very hard vibrations and very hard knocking coming from the rear.... it gets a little better after each gear but i think that the shop put it in wrong or something it just feels horrible, i feel bad for the car and i dont even want to drive it for 500 miles....

is this normal for you guys who have had new diffs put in

thanksd

#3 ·
Agree, it should not do that. Did they put the right fluid in with the LSD additive? It sounds like you have more than just a fluid problem though...

#5 ·
thanks for the input guys i picked up the car right before they closed and they dont open back up until monday but i am ready to rip into them because not only did they eff up my rear end they scratched the hell out of my steering wheel and i asked them to tighten my parking break (i know there not that strong to begin with) cause you can push the car with your and and they said that it was plenty tight enough as an inspection facility. and even if they fix the problem i dont know if i will even be able to trust it because of what it has already gone through....

im going back on monday and i will get a new steering wheel.... please reply with some more points to bring up to this garbage repair shop.....

#6 ·
I've had two diffs replaced, and neither one made any noise whatsoever when I drove away from the dealership ... and it shouldn't if done right.

To sugar coat this, you got hosed.

#7 ·
HOLY sh!t this day just keeps getting better and better, i go and get in my car again to check it out and i open the door and see at the start of passenger door there are like five scratches like 3 inches long.... im soo infuriated..... how should i handle this.... how have you guys handled situations like this in the past......

thanks..... cant wait for monday 7:00am

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.