: 2011 Predictions...

Playdrv4me
01-01-11, 02:12 AM
Been listening to Coast to Coast AM and they are doing their yearly predictions show, fun diversion... they don't have to be automotive.

Automotive:
*Fuel prices will rise, and the Lincoln Navigator and Ford Expedition, which have no clear future, will be discontinued.

*The Hyundai Equus will be Hyundai's first sales disappointment in many models, expect incentives to move stale inventory by the end of 2011. Possible price adjustment. The iPad owner's manual/service program will be discontinued for the subsequent model year, being replaced with a removable media version.

*Saab will remain a perpetual question-mark through 2011. Some good product has arrived or is in the pipeline, but it may be a case of too little too late for the Swedes.

*Fiat 500 will be the small car darling of 2011. Similar impact to the reintroduction of the Mini brand and VW New Beetle.

Electronics:

*iPad 2 will spawn a 7 inch version, maintain superiority in the tablet market.

*ClearWire will fail in the face of financial difficulty and corporate mis-management. This will also result in a domino effect for Sprint, which has a large partnership with Clear for their version of a "4G" backbone. Sprint will end up in the hands of T-Deutsche Telecom, which has had its sights set on Sprint for some time now.

Sevillian273
01-01-11, 08:35 AM
*By mid-March small towns in rural areas will report sightings of the walking dead, signaling the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

hueterm
01-01-11, 09:07 AM
A Sprint T-Mobile merger wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...they're both already the carriers where you get the most for your money. If a merger would make them stronger in view of AT&T and VZW, then go for it. They'd have to stick with their value strategy regardless as they'd still be #3...

Hope you're wrong on the Expedition and Navigator...although I'm sure F wants to dump them like a $5 hooker so they can impress the green freaks.

And if that gimpy blue jean bitch whores himself out with a 7" iPad after all the crap he spewed about the Galaxy Tab being 7"...then we'll know he's running scared... Kind of like Jim Jones...

Playdrv4me
01-01-11, 01:47 PM
And if that gimpy blue jean bitch whores himself out with a 7" iPad after all the crap he spewed about the Galaxy Tab being 7"...then we'll know he's running scared... Kind of like Jim Jones...

LOL, well I think the success of the Tab has caught him completely off guard whether he will ever admit it or not. He may wait until iPad 3 to let the hubbub of his anti-7 inch stance to die down though, and to save things for the next update cycle.

ted tcb
01-01-11, 02:58 PM
2011 predictions ???

I would predict that Ian and Jesda will flip 4 vehicles between the two of
them :) Not that I'm any better, I went through 3 vehicles myself in 2010.

Is the 04 LS still part of Ian's extended family?

Playdrv4me
01-01-11, 03:00 PM
04 LS was sold to a good family friend :)

Jesda
01-01-11, 05:55 PM
For myself, I predict more Saabing. :cool:

As for Saab Auto, they will instead be sobbing.

thebigjimsho
01-01-11, 06:29 PM
A Sprint T-Mobile merger wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...they're both already the carriers where you get the most for your money. If a merger would make them stronger in view of AT&T and VZW, then go for it. They'd have to stick with their value strategy regardless as they'd still be #3...

Hope you're wrong on the Expedition and Navigator...although I'm sure F wants to dump them like a $5 hooker so they can impress the green freaks.

LOL, well I think the success of the Tab has caught him completely off guard whether he will ever admit it or not. He may wait until iPad 3 to let the hubbub of his anti-7 inch stance to die down though, and to save things for the next update cycle.My Toshiba netbook is a compact little machine but it's 2 years old, pretty weak with its Intel Atom and the keyboard is a struggle. I was entertaining an iPad for awhile. But since the Galaxy Tab has come out, my desires have switched. My HTC Evo is an amazing little device, and while mobile browsing is far better than any other mobile phone I have, something bigger is optimal.

The Samsung is awesome as is the Android OS. But I'm waiting for a 4G version...

hueterm
01-01-11, 06:47 PM
If my Galaxy Tab hadn't been a Christmas gift, I would have waited until a 4G model came out, and maybe a faster processor. The current one is very nice and is sufficiently powerful, however.

The 7" size is perfect, as you can easily hold it with one hand and surf with the other, or flip pages on the eReader. And it's easy to double thumb type like you would on a Blackberry. Swype is easy to learn and the voice recognition "typing" also works very well. The racing game is also addictive...

I have Sprint for my phone service (Samsung Moment, which sucks BTW), but the other thing that convinced me was T-Mobile's plan. It's a 5GB plan, but if you go over they don't charge an overage, they just "may" slow down your speed. I just didn't want any surprises.

orconn
01-01-11, 07:31 PM
I predict Jesda will throw out his Abba collection along with "Ducky" and find autotopial bliss with another BMW convertible that pereptually plays "Ride of the Valkyries!" Ian, having had his fill of Jeep CJs and Lexus boredom, will once again walk on the wild side by purchasing a high mileage, but late model Range Rover from a crack head Annheiser-Busch heiress, only to discover she is the girl of his dreams! Chad will retreat from the North Woods lured to sunnier climes by a kilted zombie killing, aspiring entrepreneur who offers him a partnership in an "auto" inspired drive thru mortuary and disco franchise.

Drew will discover engineering really wasn't his calling and will open a non-denominational church in Waukeeshaw.

GaryD will find that a freelance assignment writing for the "Palin for President Campaign" turns out to be to his liking after all thus leading to his first step toward his much overlooked goal of becoming White House press secretary.

Dkoz will finally win the recognition he has yearned for, and replace Nanook of the North as Alaska's personage of authentic Arctic true grit and wisdom!

Ben.gators will finally make it to the Arts and Science Library where he will find a multitude of brunette beauties who have never seen a slide rule before, but have heard engineers make good money! Lucky Ben!

Jesda
01-01-11, 07:34 PM
Ian, having had his fill of Jeep CJs and Lexus boredom, will once again walk on the wild side by purchasing a high mileage, but late model Range Rover from a crack head Annheiser-Busch heiress, only to discover she is the girl of his dreams!

The best part of this prediction is that it sounds very, very real :histeric:

orconn
01-01-11, 07:54 PM
^^^ The Swami No Doo-ey has spoken it shall come to pass!

thebigjimsho
01-01-11, 07:55 PM
I predict 2012 will follow 2011.

ryannel2003
01-01-11, 09:12 PM
I predict Ian will yet again buy another Seville STS and it will cause him so many problems he will sell it. He will then buy another car, realize he made a mistake, and go back and look for another Seville STS.

As for Apple, I'm good on them for awhile. I sold my iPhone 3GS a few months ago and switched to an HTC Droid Incredible and I sold my MacBook a few weeks back and bought an HP laptop with Windows 7. Apple is still better at the OS/Hardware, but Windows is so good now I don't see the point of having a Mac system for browsing the internet and typing papers. My Droid destroys the iPhone at just about everything other than integration with software.

Ranger
01-01-11, 10:07 PM
ClearWire will fail in the face of financial difficulty and corporate mis-management.
Oh don't say that. They're my ISP. I don't want to go back to AT&T dialup. :crying2:

Playdrv4me
01-01-11, 10:35 PM

Hotly contested!

greencadillacmatt
01-02-11, 02:41 AM
I predict Jesda will throw out his Abba collection along with "Ducky" and find autotopial bliss with another BMW convertible that pereptually plays "Ride of the Valkyries!" Ian, having had his fill of Jeep CJs and Lexus boredom, will once again walk on the wild side by purchasing a high mileage, but late model Range Rover from a crack head Annheiser-Busch heiress, only to discover she is the girl of his dreams! Chad will retreat from the North Woods lured to sunnier climes by a kilted zombie killing, aspiring entrepreneur who offers him a partnership in an "auto" inspired drive thru mortuary and disco franchise.

Drew will discover engineering really wasn't his calling and will open a non-denominational church in Waukeeshaw.

GaryD will find that a freelance assignment writing for the "Palin for President Campaign" turns out to be to his liking after all thus leading to his first step toward his much overlooked goal of becoming White House press secretary.

Dkoz will finally win the recognition he has yearned for, and replace Nanook of the North as Alaska's personage of authentic Arctic true grit and wisdom!

Ben.gators will finally make it to the Arts and Science Library where he will find a multitude of brunette beauties who have never seen a slide rule before, but have heard engineers make good money! Lucky Ben!

Best one yet! Suprised Stingroo wasn't included in there. :P

ben.gators
01-02-11, 03:50 AM

Ha ha ha, it is funny, thanks!.... By the way, I have lived in engineering college for more than 10 years and have not seen an slide ruler so far! :D That is really an old school tool!

Edit: I just remembered I have seen and used an slide ruler long time ago, when I was just a very little kid! It used to be my uncle's ruler, when he was a civil engineering student back in 1960ish! I used that ruler to spank the other kids, and I think I broke it while I was spanking the neighbor's girl!:histeric:

Jesda
01-02-11, 01:16 PM
I predict Ian will yet again buy another Seville STS and it will cause him so many problems he will sell it. He will then buy another car, realize he made a mistake, and go back and look for another Seville STS.

I predict I'll receive a phone call: "HEY JESDA WANT TO BUY THIS THING I SHOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT?"

orconn
01-02-11, 02:01 PM
Stingroo will begin his life's work when he finally gets his wagon painted orange and is hired by the Florida Citrus Commission to become "Jolly Olly Orange" to promote the benefits of orange juice in the daily diet to school kids and senior citizens. He will be so successful that the Commission will preset him with a brand new replica of the 1996 Chevy Nomad special in orange, yellow and lime tritone! He will also make national headlines when he is arrested in Beverly Hills on trumped up charges of "bad taste" (has to be trumped up because nothing could be in worse taste than what is seen in B.H. on a daily basis) which will later be shown to have been instigated by Sunkist Growers! Despite all this success and notoriety Stingroo will continue his membership in the Cadillac Forums while seeking a 1975 Cadillac custom station wagon!

Jesda
01-02-11, 02:42 PM
Jolly Olly Orange :histeric: I would totally buy that!!!!

TrimThis
01-02-11, 03:35 PM
Gold $1650

orconn
01-02-11, 04:15 PM
Gold will see a low of $850.00 in 2011!

Aron9000
01-03-11, 01:45 AM

So I lol'ed big time:bouncy:

My prediction for 2011 is that gas will peak around $4.50 in July around in my parts, it will be $5.89 for premium in San Fransisco. Maybe then people will get real on their full size truck prices, which are jacked way up right now.

Playdrv4me
01-03-11, 02:04 AM

My prediction for 2011 is that gas will peak around $4.50 in July around in my parts, it will be $5.89 for premium in San Fransisco. Maybe then people will get real on their full size truck prices, which are jacked way up right now.

Best time to buy. Last spike brought me my 1 owner 2006 'Lade for 16.5k in summer 2008. I see used 03-05 'Lade prices now and just laugh.

Jesda
01-03-11, 05:19 AM

With India and China continuing to grow, I can totally see crude oil prices going well over $150.

Jesda
01-04-11, 12:23 AM
I, too, welcome our new electric overlords. It leaves more oil for me. If people start clogging the left lane with their new Leaves, I might change my mind.

thebigjimsho
01-04-11, 01:14 AM
I love my V...

Stingroo
01-04-11, 07:39 PM
I predict that Matt (greencadillacmatt) won't get his Oldsmobilin' under control.

I also predict that Jesda will get more nice pants.