: Manual Boost gauge Install on XLR-V?

Turbo Kyle
12-31-10, 05:25 PM
We are looking for a place to hook up a manual boost gauge on our XLR-V. Any hits...

Thanks Guys

coach123
01-03-11, 09:17 AM
Yes the manual boost gauge can be hooked up to the front of the supercharger. Here is a picture that I have circled the connection you need to remove and hook up the manual boost gauge to. This line actually prevents the supercharger from overboosting as well as reducing boost via the bypass valve control solenoid when certain parameters are exceeded. I have the complete GM manuals if you need additional information. Let me know. You can shoot me an email at mbklump@gmail.com for faster response.

deadringer
01-03-11, 11:11 AM
We are looking for a place to hook up a manual boost gauge on our XLR-V. Any hits...

Thanks Guys

Out of curiosity - are you having issues with the computer's reading? or just want a 2nd opinion? :)

coach123
01-03-11, 11:31 AM
More than likely he wants to double check the digital reading on the dash with a mechanical gauge. Once additional boost is achieved via Snakebite and/or pulley you will max out the gauge on the dash so the only way to truly know what the true boost is would be hook up a mechanical gauge.

deadringer
01-03-11, 11:36 AM
More than likely he wants to double check the digital reading on the dash with a mechanical gauge. Once additional boost is achieved via Snakebite and/or pulley you will max out the gauge on the dash so the only way to truly know what the true boost is would be hook up a mechanical gauge.

My '06 XLR-V doesn't have a boost gauge on the dash - does yours? I've been using a scan tool

GizmoQ
01-03-11, 12:48 PM
My '06 XLR-V doesn't have a boost gauge on the dash - does yours? I've been using a scan tool

For some reason Cadillac neglected to put a boost gauge in the XLR-V. :bonkers:

coach123
01-03-11, 02:11 PM
I only assumed that since the STS-V had a boost gauge that the XLR-V had one as well. I am surprised to hear that it doesn't. Sometimes I don't understand GM's decisions on what to omit and include in some of their performance cars.