Jesda
12-31-10, 04:36 AM
Suburbs:
Easy parking.
Free parking.
Easy highway access.
Less congestion.
Far from some attractions.
Long drive to the auto show, plus finding and paying for a parking space at McCormick
Near where some forum members live

Downtown:
$49/night for unlimited valet at most hotels
Easy access to bars, restaurants, entertainment.
Easy access to airports and train station
Easy access to local mass transit
Congested.
Near the auto show

Which do you prefer? I will bid in February.

If you want to join my Priceline bid, PM me your name (the name that's on your ID) so that you can check in without waiting for me to be there. Expect the room to cost $50-$65 including tax. I wiil be gunning for 3 or 4 star properties which include Mariott, Westin, Hilton/Doubletree, Hyatt, etc.

When you PM me, I also need to know if you want a room for Friday night, Saturday night, or both nights.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-31-10, 07:39 AM
Suburbs.

GizmoQ
12-31-10, 04:39 PM
I'm game either way and if you can get rooms downtown for less than $100, that would be great! I do realize most attendees don't have a lot of disposable income so the 'burbs would probably be best.

The last one I attended was a great hotel with covered parking, decent restaurants in the area, and easy highway access. The only thing I would think could be added to that place would be walking distance to the CTS train line so we could have left the cars at the hotel.
http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/icons/mapicon_rail.png (http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/maps/ctatrainmap.png)

ThumperPup
12-31-10, 08:25 PM
Burbs

thebigjimsho
01-01-11, 12:29 AM
The city is where it's at, yo!

gdwriter
01-02-11, 03:34 PM
I'm fine with either.

03cts86monte
01-09-11, 01:41 PM
suburbs forsure. alot cheaper, and we could have more fun with all the money we save.

Roy

thebigjimsho
01-09-11, 04:39 PM
suburbs forsure. alot cheaper, and we could have more fun with all the money we save.

Roy
Yeah, you can have alcohol with your soda at the hotel bar! Way cool!

Jesda
01-09-11, 08:08 PM
Last time I was up there with Ian, my brother, and Jen we stayed downtown, ate downtown, and drank downtown. I got less drunk and it cost me more money. The homeless dudes added to the atmosphere though. I had a lot more fun staying downtown alone on my following visit because I was more free to explore the city.

JimmyH
01-10-11, 02:43 PM
I think you guys should do Schaumburg area. It isn't any different than Downers Grove, but it is more centrally located, and has quick access to two major expressways, I-290 and I-90. (Ok, one of them is a tollway).

There are TONS of great places to eat. Uno's Pizza, Joe's Crabshack, Maggiano's just to name a few (And a Portillo's, best Italian Beef, period).

There are also car dealers of every make on the planet within spitting distance. I know how much you guys like to visit those. You also have Woodfield Mall (huge) and Streets of Schaumburg place (lame to me, but some people like it).

There are hotels everywhere, so there has to be some good deals. Plus it is only an hour for Larry and me, as opposed to almost two hours to Downers Grove. And I think most of you out of towners probably have not been there, so it will be something new. And I know the whole area like the back of my hand.

Just my input.

hueterm
01-10-11, 02:58 PM
I stated so in the other thread, but I vote for Schaumburg as well.

JimmyH
01-10-11, 03:05 PM
1 Renaissance-Schaumburg Hotel
1551 Thoreau Dr N, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 303-4100

2 Hyatt Place Schaumburg
1851 McConnor Pkwy, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 330-1060

3 Marriott-Chicago Schaumburg
50 N Martingale Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 240-0100

4 La Quinta Inn Chicago - Schaumburg
1730 East Higgins Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 517-8484

5 Doubletree-Schaumburg
800 National Pkwy, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 605-9222

6 Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg
1610 McConnor Pkwy, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 517-9200

7 Courtyard-Chicago Schaumburg
1311 American Ln, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 619-8100

8 Comfort Suites
1100 E Higgins Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 230-6000

9 Wingate By Wyndham
50 Remington Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 882-5000

10 Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center
1551 N Thoreau Dr., Schaumburg, IL 60173 United States
(847) 303-4100

Every one of those little blue dots is a hotel :) One of them has to be cheap. And there are not any seedy areas on this map.

gdwriter
01-10-11, 04:26 PM
Schaumburg is fine with me.

GizmoQ
01-10-11, 06:45 PM
Schaumburg is fine with me.
Me, too, just make sure they have smoking rooms available cause I aint going outside in this weather.

Jesda
01-10-11, 09:59 PM
I'll open the bidding in that area, and if nothing takes then I'll branch out.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-10-11, 11:32 PM
Is there a Ferrari dealer in Schaumburg, or am I gonna have to drive to Downers Grove?

Ranger
01-10-11, 11:45 PM
None close.
http://www.cars.com/dealers/search-results.action?sc.keyword=&sc.resultSetStart=0&sc.resultSetSize=50&sc.makes=20014&sc.match=&sc.radius=100&sc.zipCode=60606&sc.city=Chicago&crwl=y&sc.makeName=Ferrari&sc.state=IL&sc.textPath=true&aff=national

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-10-11, 11:55 PM
Well, ****! Oh well, more money for me to spend somewhere else.... Maybe there's a Cadillac dealer in or near Schaumburg I can buy some swag at.

hueterm
01-11-11, 12:06 AM
If you get into town at 1 or so, just run down there. You'd be back to Schaumburg by 3-3:30...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-11-11, 12:10 AM
Yeah that's a possibility, but I'll hit traffic like an SOB on the way back to Schaumburg, and being in an unfamiliar area, I don't have the most patience when I'm in a jam, especially if I'm running against the the clock.

hueterm
01-11-11, 12:22 AM
http://store.ferrari.com/en/

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-11-11, 12:38 AM
The fun is going into the dealer though! I'll figure something out, even I have to leave St. Paul at 6 AM!

Ranger
01-11-11, 12:43 AM
Well, ****! Oh well, more money for me to spend somewhere else.... Maybe there's a Cadillac dealer in or near Schaumburg I can buy some swag at.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Patrick+Cadillac&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Patrick+Cadillac&hnear=Chicago,+IL&cid=16029991001262975496

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-11-11, 12:48 AM
Actually, in all reality, Schaumburg and Downers Grove don't look terribly far apart. 20-25 miles one way.

JimmyH
01-11-11, 01:04 PM
Me, too, just make sure they have smoking rooms available cause I aint going outside in this weather.

I don't think smoking rooms exist anywhere in Illinois anymore. IL has been non-smoking for a couple years now.

JimmyH
01-11-11, 01:07 PM
there used to be an exotic car dealer in Barrington, which isn't far. I am not sure if they are still there or not. I would think so considering Barrington is big money.

hueterm
01-11-11, 01:31 PM
I don't think smoking rooms exist anywhere in Illinois anymore. IL has been non-smoking for a couple years now.

That's a relief -- b/c w/Priceline, you can't lock in non-smoking -- it's at the hotel's "discretion"...

JimmyH
01-11-11, 02:07 PM
I could be wrong. Even though Illinois passed the no smoking in any public place law, there are still exceptions here and there. It's never been a problem for me. I am used to finding an outdoor, out-of-the-way place to indulge my filthy habit.

thebigjimsho
01-13-11, 01:22 PM
I was looking for an apropos Ace Ventura video but couldn't find it so I choose to show you this one instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZIuzQcvlTU

Jesda
02-04-11, 07:37 PM
Alright, so let's confirm who is going to be staying in a room:

Shared room: Me & Jason
Shared room: Gary D & Chad
Shared room: Austin & Josiah
Shared room: Sal & Danielle
Marvin
Mike H

So far that's six rooms. Please confirm in the thread.

Who else is coming?
Is anyone above not coming?
Is Tanner joining us this year?

Soon as I get 100% confirmation I'll book the rooms. I also need to know whose name to put your room in so you can check in without waiting for me to show up.

I'd be happy to add another person to my room in a rollaway bed, but I snore VERY BADLY, as does my brother.

hueterm
02-04-11, 07:56 PM
I'm in but I already told you that...

I will have a copy of the STL Yellow Pages and/or a wound up extension cord to beat yo' azz with if we end up in a hellhole ;-)

JimmyH
02-04-11, 08:46 PM
I will be there, but I don't need a room. What was the consensus? Schaumburg?

Ranger
02-04-11, 08:55 PM
No room for me either. Still planning on dinner if I'm in town. Just need to know what night and where.

hueterm
02-04-11, 09:08 PM
I will be there, but I don't need a room. What was the consensus? Schaumburg?

Dear Lord, I hope so...

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 02:02 AM
i might still make it for the drive not sure ill stay 2 nites but if yall get someting at a starwood propertys or Marriott then ill problaby just use points get a room for one nite make the drive chill out i know yall think im nuts planning on a 400 mile drive just to hang have dinner chill then drive back 400 miles the next day lol
but hey thats what i do i drive lol

i figure if i can swing a weekend trip for 200 dollars that is gas tolls food and beer and get a free room with points then its worth it for me

so come on jesda do the bid find the room and let me know where
but dont put me down for a room cause i dont know if im gona go or not for sure just seeing if i can use points at the hotel and its a Marriot catagory 1-2-or 3 or a starwood 1 or 2 then i can swing points for those no problem

Jesda
02-05-11, 02:32 AM
Austin said he's waiting on Josiah to confirm if he's going. So once that's determined this weekend I'll do the booking.

If for some reason none of it works out, Danielle found a couple nice locations in the area for $65-75 plus tax, but hopefully we won't have to spend that much. The goal is $60-$70 with tax included.

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 02:40 AM
I know i was just looking on Marriott for the heck of it right now courtyard in Shaumsburg has a advacne pay rate of 49 adn change per nite plus taxes

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 02:42 AM
right now i got 12,000 mariot points in my account and 2000 starwood points
dad knows i stay at hotels alot when i visit friends so he gives me points on my brithday each year thats what my presint is plus he gets bonuss points when he buys points shoot with him anyting that gives hims oemthing for free he will buy lol

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 02:44 AM
i know jesda i keep trying to push you tords mariott lol
naw but really beacuse i really wana go but dont wana stay in a hotel that is not the same one yall stay in but also dont want to spend more then 200 225 in cash at the most and i can get away with that if i can use points for where we stay

Jesda
02-05-11, 02:45 AM
Is that with or without points?

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 02:50 AM
Is that with or without points?

what the courtyard in here check it out
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chics-courtyard-chicago-schaumburg/

49.95 advance pay rate plus taxes no points needed it comes out to 56.94 aftere taxes and all per nite

thebigjimsho
02-05-11, 12:49 PM
i might still make it for the drive not sure ill stay 2 nites but if yall get someting at a starwood propertys or Marriott then ill problaby just use points get a room for one nite make the drive chill out i know yall think im nuts planning on a 400 mile drive just to hang have dinner chill then drive back 400 miles the next day lol
but hey thats what i do i drive lol

i figure if i can swing a weekend trip for 200 dollars that is gas tolls food and beer and get a free room with points then its worth it for me

so come on jesda do the bid find the room and let me know where
but dont put me down for a room cause i dont know if im gona go or not for sure just seeing if i can use points at the hotel and its a Marriot catagory 1-2-or 3 or a starwood 1 or 2 then i can swing points for those no problem
Oh. Dear. Lord.

Seriously, enough on the points. I have never seen someone yap about points so much, PFC. You have all these points yet you're crimping on a few bucks. The hotel is going to be cheap, a fraction of what your weekend would cost. And we don't need the innermost working of the Starwood system and how many points you have and how many you need to achieve Double Admiral Starbucks Fishtail level.

Now, as for driving, 400 miles is cake. I've left for Chicago on a Friday night, arriving for a BBQ in Chicago at 2PM and then heading back home Sunday morning and getting home that night. 1,000+ miles each way. 400 miles out and back could be done same day...

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 01:39 PM
Oh. Dear. Lord.

Seriously, enough on the points. I have never seen someone yap about points so much, PFC. You have all these points yet you're crimping on a few bucks. The hotel is going to be cheap, a fraction of what your weekend would cost. And we don't need the innermost working of the Starwood system and how many points you have and how many you need to achieve Double Admiral Starbucks Fishtail level.

Now, as for driving, 400 miles is cake. I've left for Chicago on a Friday night, arriving for a BBQ in Chicago at 2PM and then heading back home Sunday morning and getting home that night. 1,000+ miles each way. 400 miles out and back could be done same day...

i know it could be doen in the same day iv driven to NYC to pick up paper work ones have lunch and my favorit restruant the Palm and then back in the same day
but i get highway hipnosis at nite time so its hard for me to drive these days
for some reason never used to bother me before but now that last sevral years it has been i fell a sleep at the wheel 4 years ago lucky i ended up in a ditchg and not under a semi
since then if i do start to get tired i pull over and rest i dont say itso nly another 40 miles i can make i can do it nope i pull over and sleep

thats why i dontw ana do the same trip in the same day back and fourth

thebigjimsho
02-05-11, 02:24 PM
The Palm? Wouldn't lunch be the same as 2 days at the hotel Jesda gets?

GizmoQ
02-05-11, 02:29 PM
I'm more concerned about the weather.

ThumperPup
02-05-11, 03:07 PM
The Palm? Wouldn't lunch be the same as 2 days at the hotel Jesda gets?

yeah it would i go maybe 2 x a year to the palm and really only when me and dad are both in NYC at the same time becuase he picks up the bill
i think 2 of us at lunch is around 160 dollars dinner is 200 i think
i love the palm there lobsters are awesome because they dont boil or stem them they bake them and then cute them str8 down the middle surfe and turf you get a full half of a lobster and a great steak

but anyways back to whats up now

i just am really pusshing budger right now i have a camping trip i go on every year from may 28-june 4th in MD area
for the 9 days including food 3 meals a day snacks and all activitys when you register early in January thats 700 per person
so i just spend 700 on Jan 3rd for that
i have the mirror i replaced on door was 40 for mirror 45 to have it put on
200 for something els
324 becuae i got riped on a wheel bearing 150 for the abs wheel sensore harness
car payment a few other bills sell phone was alot this month cause brother is on my contract and hes a dead beat but i have him on for a phone

then December was like 4k for the engien rebuild on top of all my other monthly bills

i need to get the pasg lower balljoint replace but going for the entire controle arm gona do that next week it think
so see im in the hole the way i figure it this month
i can stretc h about 225 maybe 250 for the weekend but thats the most
so if i was bale to get points for room then i could aford the gas tolls food and auto show
but anymore then 250 and im gona be in debt this month see what i mean ?

gdwriter
02-05-11, 03:36 PM
Confirmed. Thanks for taking care of this, Jesda.

Jesda
02-05-11, 06:54 PM
I'm more concerned about the weather.

Take Amtrak! Its like $55 round trip.

hueterm
02-05-11, 07:17 PM
I've done that. The business class seats aren't bad at all... If we were staying downtown, I'd very likely have done so this time...

Jesda
02-06-11, 05:17 AM
You can also ride up with me, but there's a chance I'll be taking the Saab or Prelude so you'll have to fight with my brother for the front seat. Plus, gas is cheaper for everyone if we split it.

Hopefully you're a George Michael fan or you'll hate life for 5 hours. :histeric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

ThumperPup
02-06-11, 10:09 AM
hey jesda why you not taking the seville ?
come on cant come to a meet up with caddy folks and drive a saab

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-06-11, 10:28 AM
I'm excited to see Ducky. We've all seen Cadillac STS's before, but how many of us have seen a '91 Saab 900?

ThumperPup
02-06-11, 11:55 AM
I'm excited to see Ducky. We've all seen Cadillac STS's before, but how many of us have seen a '91 Saab 900?

Yeah I guess ur right but still I wantto see
Ore caddys It's like wild u go to the ford mustang meet and drive a lincoln there instead ?

JimmyH
02-06-11, 07:43 PM
Most of us at these meets don't even own Cadillacs anymore.

Jesda
02-06-11, 07:50 PM
I've only once driven a Cadillac to a Cadillac meet. I once brought a DTS to a Nissan meet. The Seville has an annoying power steering leak. I'm thinking it needs a pump and high pressure hose. It also needs two front tires.

Last time Ducky was in Chicago it was in bad shape. Lots of rust on the hood, turbo wasn't working right, engine was making a racket, brakes were crap. Most of that has been fixed.

ThumperPup
02-06-11, 07:53 PM
ah ok then hmmm so whos gona be riding there bike ? lol

hueterm
02-06-11, 10:27 PM
Jesda, I'd wait a while before trying to book... I was playing around on there today to see what I could get on rental cars out of STL that weekend, and it wasn't giving me anything auction-worthy... It may be too early for the best deals...

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 12:05 AM
just out of curiosity i have never bid on priceline before
if you bid and they find a property for you at the price you bid do you have to take it are you obligated to or does it say something like we have found something for you its a such and such start hit except to take our offer or ones you place a bid are you auto locked in for that if it is excepted somewhere ? and no getting out of it

hueterm
02-07-11, 12:14 AM
If you put in a bid, and it is accepted, your credit card is charged immediately and it's non-refundable...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-07-11, 12:26 AM
Well guys I hate to bail, but I've got to put a new set of brake pads on the Buick, and that's gonna cost me some of the money I had set aside for the trip, so you're gonna have to count me out on this year's meet. I'll hopefully see you all this summer!

Ranger
02-07-11, 12:30 AM
Sorry to say, I'll be in Wisconsin that weekend.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 12:41 AM
If you put in a bid, and it is accepted, your credit card is charged immediately and it's non-refundable...

ok i understand that now
so if Jesda did bid and it was exsepted then thats good if it isnt exsepted they wait a little bit and bid a few days latter or a week latter might get something by then not sure i understand why jsut to wait but u know me i dont understand alot

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 12:42 AM
Sorry to say, I'll be in Wisconsin that weekend.

darn theres an event that another friend of mine is going to that weekend in WI also

she was one who i was going to try and hook up with when i first wantd to go before i had decided i wasnt gona go and then now did decide that if things stay smooth right now then i may make it

atleast i hope your gona be having fun in WI and its nothing bad thats taking you up there

now it would be a blast if you where gona be in Madison Wi that weekend cause then id saw hmm i bet youll be at the same thing my friend would be at and say say hi from me

Stingroo
02-07-11, 01:20 AM
Chad: Summer. Florida.

It must be done.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-07-11, 08:13 AM
We'll see. No guarantees, but we'll see.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 10:46 AM
ok im lost what about

Chad Summer Flrodia
and it must be doen whats going on ?

Stingroo
02-07-11, 12:32 PM
Check the SouthEast forum for last year's Florida meet that all the mid-western noobs missed out on. :)

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 01:24 PM
Check the SouthEast forum for last year's Florida meet that all the mid-western noobs missed out on. :)

cool gona head over and check that out now
im always down for a beach party lol

u know there is a Lincoln Columnist or community lol that goes ones a year up in WI for there annual beach party maybe we can start this for the caddy's perhaps

MacMuse
02-07-11, 03:54 PM
Sounds like more folks than last year? I'll try to make at least one of the gatherings.

JimmyH
02-07-11, 04:27 PM
droppin like flies now. happens every year.

JimmyH
02-07-11, 04:28 PM

I think I am doing Disney this year in October.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 04:30 PM
I think I am doing Disney this year in October.

im 31 year old and never been to disney land or world before damm im missing out on stuff for sure

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 04:31 PM
so all in all how many are confirmed going for sure metting up weather in town or comming from out of town ?

Jesda
02-07-11, 05:52 PM
Its all still up in the air. If you can make it thats cool. And if you cant thats no big deal -- I'll just see you when I come through Cleveland again.

I dont think the cars at the auto show this year will be as interesting as before due to the economy. Don't spend your all money on travel just to see the new Elantra.

ThumperPup
02-07-11, 06:15 PM
well it wouldnt be just to see the auto show its more of just to hang out and all u know its lonly in cleveland and evyerone i know is like atleast 2 or 3 hours away

thebigjimsho
02-08-11, 10:38 PM
Most of us at these meets don't even own Cadillacs anymore.
jerkwads...

thebigjimsho
02-08-11, 10:41 PM
Well guys I hate to bail, but I've got to put a new set of brake pads on the Buick, and that's gonna cost me some of the money I had set aside for the trip, so you're gonna have to count me out on this year's meet. I'll hopefully see you all this summer!
Oh, I see. You're pulling a PFC from last year. I know you'll change your mind and go... :yawn:

thebigjimsho
02-08-11, 10:44 PM
droppin like flies now. happens every year.
pfft. Y'all are going. You know you have to since I am making my grand appearance...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-11, 11:21 PM
Oh, I see. You're pulling a PFC from last year. I know you'll change your mind and go... :yawn:

I forgot, I've got credit cards.

gdwriter
02-08-11, 11:40 PM
pfft. Y'all are going. You know you have to since I am making my grand appearance...Oh, really? :suspect:

I'll be there to observe your grand appearance. Can you top this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQ3kVJv7AI

Katharine Hepburn sure knows how to make a grand entrance as Eleanor of Aquitaine in The Lion in Winter. And John Barry’s Oscar-winning music rows her onscreen in imperial splendor.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-11, 11:48 PM
I imagine Jim's "arrival" something like this.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/celebrity-pictures-liberace-bling-wayne.jpg

gdwriter
02-08-11, 11:58 PM
Hahahahahaha

hueterm
02-09-11, 12:18 AM
Or...

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/504095/Elton+John.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-11, 12:33 AM
Good lord, is that Elton John?

hueterm
02-09-11, 12:44 AM
Hellayeah!

thebigjimsho
02-09-11, 09:33 AM
I can do better.

JimmyH
02-09-11, 11:53 AM
wait until he starts whipping out the business cards...

thebigjimsho
02-09-11, 05:48 PM
I'll have all youse guise getting business cards from lovely ladies before the weekend is threw...:thepan:

JimmyH
02-09-11, 05:59 PM
I will reserve judgment until I see the particular ladies.

thebigjimsho
02-09-11, 08:20 PM
The one in detroit was smokin hot.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-11, 10:07 PM
Haha, Liberace makes Freddie Mercury look like Axl Rose by comparison.

ga_etc
02-09-11, 11:07 PM
What about Prince Poppycock?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_-53x0-Lw

Back to the meet. Seems like things are shaping up. I have full intentions on being there with Josiah in tow. Who all will actually have a Cadillac with them this year?

GizmoQ
02-10-11, 04:46 AM
Back to the meet. Seems like things are shaping up. I have full intentions on being there with Josiah in tow. Who all will actually have a Cadillac with them this year?

Count me in. Don't know which one yet, but if the weather stays good, I'll limp the XLR there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_i1N69_yk

Ranger
02-10-11, 11:52 AM

I certainly will.

gdwriter
02-10-11, 12:42 PM
I have one of these I can bring:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wAEKctRuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091215080541/hotwheels/images/thumb/9/9c/CadillacCTS_black.JPG/284px-CadillacCTS_black.JPG

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 01:42 PM
I'll have my V.

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 01:42 PM
Nice and toasty warm in the garage...

JimmyH
02-10-11, 02:12 PM
The one in detroit was smokin hot.

As seen through the eyes of a bunch of drunks.

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 02:51 PM
As seen through the eyes of a bunch of drunks.
I wuz not drunk and hadn't had a drink for over an hour at that point...

JimmyH
02-10-11, 03:54 PM
I hadn't had a drink in several hours. But I was almost gone.

hueterm
02-10-11, 05:08 PM
Who all will actually have a Cadillac with them this year?

Depends on the weather and the dog. My plan was to bring the Concours.

However, if next weekend is still going to be a sloppy, muddy mess in St. Louis from snow melt, then I'm taking a wagon so B can be crated in the back. Muddy dog and old lady buttercream interior do not match...

IF I can get a really good Priceline bid on a premium or luxury class car, then I'll rent that for the 4-day Chicago round trip. (I'm not coming back until Monday.)

So who knows, I might end up in a Caddy, even if it isn't mine...

gdwriter
02-10-11, 06:17 PM
I'll have all youse guise getting business cards from lovely ladies before the weekend is threw...:thepan:Not me. I'm driving up to Portland Thursday night, and Erin's taking me to the airport Friday morning. :eyebrow:

hueterm
02-10-11, 06:22 PM
Not me. I'm driving up to Portland Thursday night, and Erin's taking me to the airport Friday morning. :eyebrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEIC423qO9k

gdwriter
02-10-11, 07:17 PM
^^^ :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

I will at the very least be in a very good mood.

MacMuse
02-10-11, 08:00 PM
Not me. I'm driving up to Portland Thursday night, and Erin's taking me to the airport Friday morning. :eyebrow:

Gee, imagine that. A relaxed and mellow Gary. Never thought we'd see the day.

;)

JimmyH
02-10-11, 08:42 PM
You didn't see him really "relaxed" last year...

Jesda
02-10-11, 09:22 PM
The issues with the old Seville keep adding up as it passes 120k. Now the wheel bearings/hubs are toast (steering wheel wobbles quite a bit). The shop I was going to take it to just went out of business! Poor car needs a good rehabilitation.

Will be definitely taking the Saab.

I came to this thread for the meet, I stayed for the sweet love hangover.

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 10:35 PM
Jimmy and Jerry had a lust hangover.

hueterm
02-10-11, 11:22 PM
I seem to remember a picture of a menage a cinq with you in it....

Actually, it was a menage a dix, since there were 5 of you and 5 laptops...

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 11:54 PM
I seem to remember a picture of a menage a cinq with you in it....

Actually, it was a menage a dix, since there were 5 of you and 5 laptops...
Too bad you can't menage your dix...

ga_etc
02-11-11, 02:05 AM
Gizmo, the XLR is sick. I would love to see it, but I would also like to see our Eldorados side by side.

GizmoQ
02-11-11, 04:54 AM
Gizmo, the XLR is sick. I would love to see it, but I would also like to see our Eldorados side by side.
Kinda like this:
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/28858460/homepage/name/205183?type=sn
That was back when the Eldo cleaned up well. Lately, its the winter beater with steelies and months of snow and salt all over it.

Can't have both this month. Sounds to me like Jesda needs to step up and take over the Midwest Meet this year and hold it here in St Louis. I know he should be able to convince many of our southern neighbors to attend as well as the Great Lakes regulars.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-11, 07:38 AM
I'd roll down to St. Louis this summer. I'd also love to see and ride in an XLR-V. I just wanna do it before Jesda does, so I don't have to wipe his baby batter off the passenger seat, dashboard and windshield. :lol:

hueterm
02-11-11, 07:51 AM
^^^ That's really not the first thing you want to read in the morning....

Stingroo
02-11-11, 09:06 AM
No... no that is not. Gah.... Excuse me while I go scrub myself.

gdwriter
02-11-11, 12:14 PM
I'd roll down to St. Louis this summer. I'd also love to see and ride in an XLR-V. I just wanna do it before Jesda does, so I don't have to wipe his baby batter off the passenger seat, dashboard and windshield. :lol::histeric: :histeric: That's a new one!

hueterm
02-11-11, 02:18 PM
:histeric: :histeric: That's a new one!

You'd better be looking for flights...if I'm dragging myself up to Chicago, you need to come to STL...

gdwriter
02-11-11, 04:11 PM
You'd better be looking for flights...if I'm dragging myself up to Chicago, you need to come to STL...Just spent $1,100 to book my flight from PDX to LHR in September and still need to save up for four days in London and six in Paris. So I doubt I could make another meet this year.

MacMuse
02-11-11, 08:28 PM
So I doubt I could make another meet this year.

That's OK, just send the dog.

thebigjimsho
02-12-11, 12:16 AM
I've driven an XLR-V on the track. They are "lively". Fun to get loose...

ga_etc
02-12-11, 02:56 AM
Kinda like this:
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/28858460/homepage/name/205183?type=sn
That was back when the Eldo cleaned up well. Lately, its the winter beater with steelies and months of snow and salt all over it.

Can't have both this month. Sounds to me like Jesda needs to step up and take over the Midwest Meet this year and hold it here in St Louis. I know he should be able to convince many of our southern neighbors to attend as well as the Great Lakes regulars.

It would be more like this:
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/ETCs2.jpg

I could go for a pic of the ETC and XLR too lol.

Jesda
02-12-11, 03:09 AM
I have no idea what anyone would do in STL. Go to the zoo? There's only a dozen or so cars at Kemp Auto Museum. All the good restaurants are way overpriced.

Its a nice place to live but there's not much for visitors.

GizmoQ
02-12-11, 04:47 AM
I have no idea what anyone would do in STL. Go to the zoo? There's only a dozen or so cars at Kemp Auto Museum. All the good restaurants are way overpriced.

Let's see. We could book rooms at Lumiere Place with its covered parking. We could get the Jefferson National Memorial park to issue a permit for a photo shoot. Get the city to issue us one for the front of the old courthouse. Party on the Landing. Run out to Chesterfield for the Kemp Auto Museum and troll the exotic car dealerships there. Maybe catch a Cards ballgame or cruise the Loop. Join a tour thru the Brewery. And have a cookout in Forest Park.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/QRCode-CadillacForumsAutoShowMeet.png

thebigjimsho
02-12-11, 12:47 PM
I partied till the sun came up in St Louey the night the Sox won the Series in '04...

JimmyH
02-13-11, 07:23 PM

bring the V Marvin! Weather looks to be perfect!

JimmyH
02-13-11, 07:24 PM

ha! you just described Chicago. Unless the visitors in question are just looking for food.

GizmoQ
02-13-11, 10:37 PM
bring the V Marvin! Weather looks to be perfect!

O.K. Jimmy I'm gonna trust you on your weather forecast. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate, so I'll be taking the XLR to the Chicago Auto Show ... before jetting over to Wait4Me for a week of mods and tuning. Unfortunately, that means I'll be coming alone since my gal 's got work Monday.

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 12:38 PM
Let's see. We could book rooms at Lumiere Place with its covered parking. We could get the Jefferson National Memorial park to issue a permit for a photo shoot. Get the city to issue us one for the front of the old courthouse. Party on the Landing. Run out to Chesterfield for the Kemp Auto Museum and troll the exotic car dealerships there. Maybe catch a Cards ballgame or cruise the Loop. Join a tour thru the Brewery. And have a cookout in Forest Park.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/QRCode-CadillacForumsAutoShowMeet.pngClever on the bar code...

GizmoQ
02-14-11, 01:10 PM
Clever on the bar code...

Always learning new things.

hueterm
02-14-11, 01:49 PM
Anyone know what Hertz' assortment is for luxury rentals? It says STS or similar...so I'm assuming DTS or Town Car would be the other options...

I'm hoping it is an STS, so I can find out if there are any buggy things thet might make me not want to buy one...

Jesda
02-14-11, 02:29 PM
Hertz has Volvos, Jaguars, Lincolns, Cadillacs. Sometimes you can call ahead and ask for a specific car.

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 03:07 PM
I'll PayPal you the monies for the room tomorra, Jesda. I had to move some things around...

JimmyH
02-14-11, 03:08 PM
O.K. Jimmy I'm gonna trust you on your weather forecast. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate, so I'll be taking the XLR to the Chicago Auto Show ... before jetting over to Wait4Me for a week of mods and tuning. Unfortunately, that means I'll be coming alone since my gal 's got work Monday.

Here is the forecast from the most accurate guy in the weather business:

Jesda
02-14-11, 03:54 PM
I'll PayPal you the monies for the room tomorra, Jesda. I had to move some things around...

The alternative is that you share with me, but I get to be big spoon.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-11, 06:16 PM
Here is the forecast from the most accurate guy in the weather business:

That looks very fair. :)

Oooh Jim, you're in for a treat. A big, brown treat.

As for me, I've come down with a cold yesterday, but it seems to be getting better. I should be A-OK for the weekend.

gdwriter
02-14-11, 06:53 PM
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/QRCode-CadillacForumsAutoShowMeet.pngNice going, Marvin! Scanned it on my iPhone and saw what it said.

Look forward to seeing the XLR-V, too.

gdwriter
02-14-11, 06:55 PM
Anyone know what Hertz' assortment is for luxury rentals? It says STS or similar...so I'm assuming DTS or Town Car would be the other options...

I'm hoping it is an STS, so I can find out if there are any buggy things thet might make me not want to buy one...I rented with Avis in Phoenix, and they had a placard at the counter with the upgrade choices. The Cadillacs displayed were the CTS, STS, DTS and I think an SRX. The agent tried to steer me toward an Infiniti G35 or a Chrysler 300 (that's an upgrade?), but when they didn't have a CTS, I took the STS.

hueterm
02-14-11, 08:51 PM

Jesda's the spoon, and Jim's the sugar...

I'll let you guess the color...

hueterm
02-14-11, 08:53 PM
That barcode thing is cool...I've never done that before...

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 09:27 PM
That barcode thing is cool...I've never done that before...
Tis the wave of the future...

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 09:28 PM
Oooh Jim, you're in for a treat. A big, brown treat.

If he is the big spoon, he's getting the big, brown treat...

ga_etc
02-15-11, 08:08 PM
That barcode is awesome. I had no idea what it was. I used the barcode scanner on my Droid after Gary mentioned scanning it. Very cool.

thebigjimsho
02-15-11, 10:03 PM
I guess I should've said "scan here"...

GizmoQ
02-15-11, 10:43 PM
That barcode is awesome. I had no idea what it was. I used the barcode scanner on my Droid after Gary mentioned scanning it. Very cool.

Not unlike the VCR and the DVD, there are so many different versions/styles/formats for QR Code, I'm surprised it works at all.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/QRCode-CadillacForumsAutoShowHotel.png

gdwriter
02-16-11, 12:39 AM
Some people at the research office at OSU are mad for QR codes and are having us build them into a bunch of brochures we're doing for them. I'm sure half the people who see them will say, "What the hell is this?"

ga_etc
02-16-11, 02:26 AM
Yeah. It only works if you know what it is, and have a bar code scanner.

thebigjimsho
02-16-11, 07:04 PM
Yeah. It only works if you know what it is, and have a bar code scanner.
Most phones with downloadable apps and cameras will work...