: Factory Extended, Extended Warranty?

clusco
12-30-10, 08:52 PM
My factory extended warranty is due to expire in February. Does anyone know if GM has an extended, extended warranty offer available at this time?

Rusty058
12-30-10, 10:30 PM
My factory extended warranty is due to expire in February. Does anyone know if GM has an extended, extended warranty offer available at this time?

Try here [URL="http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/[/URL]

SHOWGIRL
12-31-10, 08:20 AM
Hello - don't have an answer because this is all new to me but maybe your have one for me:
when we bought our DTS there was 3.5 yrs. remaining on the original 'new' car factory-warranty.
We decided to buy the 'extended CPO' warranty that takes the original factory warrnaty out 2 yrs.
We didn't get any paperwork however in the way of a 'formal extended warranty'...we're just on the car's history information with that extended warranty showing along with other information on the car ...This History was issued by GM Global... the warranty is called ''premium brands CPO' extended warranty...but again, that's 'all' we have to 'prove' we have the warranty.
Did you get anything 'more' than what i just described ...we were told ''we're in the computer' for the extended CPO.... thanks so much for any input ! Showgirl

Superjim
12-31-10, 08:49 AM
Hello - don't have an answer because this is all new to me but maybe your have one for me:
when we bought our DTS there was 3.5 yrs. remaining on the original 'new' car factory-warranty.
We decided to buy the 'extended CPO' warranty that takes the original factory warrnaty out 2 yrs.
We didn't get any paperwork however in the way of a 'formal extended warranty'...we're just on the car's history information with that extended warranty showing along with other information on the car ...This History was issued by GM Global... the warranty is called ''premium brands CPO' extended warranty...but again, that's 'all' we have to 'prove' we have the warranty.
Did you get anything 'more' than what i just described ...we were told ''we're in the computer' for the extended CPO.... thanks so much for any input ! Showgirl

I would probably go back to the dealer and ask them for something in writing...
But it should be on your sales contract, showing where you paid for it, if there are ever any questions.

Barring all that...stop by the service dept and ask them to print it off for you.

Texas Jim

skexius
01-01-11, 01:01 AM

Clusco,

The answer to your question is - 'Yes'! If you are still within your original extended warranty, you can apply to get a new GMPP warranty from GM. However, there is limitation of time and mileage of your original extended warranty to qualify for another extended warranty. I believe the time and mileage limit is 2 months and 2,000 miles left on your original extended warranty.

Since your warranty ends in February, you need to look into getting the new GMPP warranty right NOW! You can get quotes from online sites of dealers that sale the GMPP at discounted prices in my below previous post to another forum member who had a similar question:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/216595-warrenty-almost-up-now-engine-sounds.html#post2433504

Compare and negotiate between your local GM dealers for the lowest price that you can get on a GMPP against the online dealer quotes. Any GM dealer can sale you a GMPP, not just a Cadillac dealer.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

skexius

SHOWGIRL
01-01-11, 08:39 AM
I would probably go back to the dealer and ask them for something in writing...
But it should be on your sales contract, showing where you paid for it, if there are ever any questions.

Barring all that...stop by the service dept and ask them to print it off for you.

Texas Jim
-------------------
Thanks Jim ...we have requested 'something' in writing (not yet received) but we're told not to worry - that the paperwork mailed to us from GM Global with the history of the car (it was used) and that 'now' includes our name as owner; the words ''Premium Brands Limited CPO Warranty + purchase date & date of expiration'' is''proof''.
We were also told that the Cadilliac CPO and Premium Brands CPO are one in the same and that whatever is covered under the current original new-car warranty currently in effect will remain under this CPO extended warranty (except for chrome).
But we never actually received a paper-policy showing what is covered and have requested that but haven't yet received it .
That's all we know right now .... Many thanks -- Happy New Year !!
Showgirl''

Mark58
01-01-11, 11:31 AM
-------------------
Thanks Jim ...we have requested 'something' in writing (not yet received) but we're told not to worry - that the paperwork mailed to us from GM Global with the history of the car (it was used) and that 'now' includes our name as owner; the words ''Premium Brands Limited CPO Warranty + purchase date & date of expiration'' is''proof''.
We were also told that the Cadilliac CPO and Premium Brands CPO are one in the same and that whatever is covered under the current original new-car warranty currently in effect will remain under this CPO extended warranty (except for chrome).
But we never actually received a paper-policy showing what is covered and have requested that but haven't yet received it .
That's all we know right now .... Many thanks -- Happy New Year !!
Showgirl''

I don't understand something here. You just purchased a 2010 premium and you still have original factory warranty for long time, so why would you purchase extended warranty?

SHOWGIRL
01-01-11, 11:48 AM
I don't understand something here. You just purchased a 2010 premium and you still have original factory warranty for long time, so why would you purchase extended warranty?
----------------------------------
Hi = It's not an 'extended' warranty , it's a Cadillac CPO (Premium Brands CPO) warranty only available on a ''used'' Caddy
Hope you have a great New Year ! :yup: