: GM gives away Free Seatbelt Extenders with no cost shipping

ThumperPup
12-30-10, 07:00 PM
Hey just thout anyone who might have been thinking oh im a bit big and i need a longer seat belt or extender but i dont have 40 to buy one might be intrested in knowing the GM gives these at no cost
i just called up my Dealer today because i need on e for when i sit in the pasanger seat the seat belt seems to be smaller wich i dotn understand why
so i wanted to get one and was going threw the order procese didnt care how much it was gona cost so i told them just to order it and ill pick it up when it comes in at the end he asked me would i like the 10 inch or the 15 inch then he said u know what ill just get you both of them
i was like wait a second im not paying for 2 he said no no GM gives them away for free
i said what about shipping said free shipping to dealers also
so just thout ppl would like to know this

dkozloski
12-30-10, 07:04 PM
GM has been doing this for many years.

ThumperPup
12-30-10, 07:06 PM
i just found this out today i was like damm i been puttign it off so long

then i decided because i dont know if the one in my dads 300 has the same buckle since its a difrant car company so i called chrysler up asked them about ordering me one and hey said it will cost 39.99 i was like never mind

orconn
12-30-10, 08:38 PM
I wonder what Michelle Obama will say when she hears that GM is accommodating the excssively girthful with free seatbelt extenders! They've already enlarged cupholders to better hold "BIGGY" sizes, what will be next 24" wide seat bottoms with deflatible bolsters!

billc83
12-30-10, 10:41 PM
With obesity on the rise, I'm surprised we haven't seen a resurgence of bench seats.

Jesda
12-31-10, 02:18 AM
I find it amusing that American cars have the shortest seat belts while Japanese cars have the longest.

pompste
02-14-11, 01:06 AM
I`m glad i found this info before i shelled out $$$`s to buy 2 for my front seats! My '78 Sedan Deville has the lay flat short receptacles i really can`t reach. I`ll bet the color won`t match though since GM does`nt have as many color options these days compared to back in the day when they had many color options.
I got a ticket last night for not wearing my seat belt,so if i can get extensions i`ll surely wear the belt.
I still don`t know how the cop could see i was`nt wearing a belt at night.It was real dark outside.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-14-11, 11:12 AM
thumper pup reminds me of pup from cleveland...

edit: OIC

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 12:56 AM
thumper pup reminds me of pup from cleveland...

edit: OIC

OIC ?
what was you gona snitch on me thinking i was back under another name LOL
its cool lol

yeah its me

Sal changed my name for me a few days back i asked him to and he did

OffThaHorseCEO
02-15-11, 01:03 PM
no i was just making an observation. the way the post was typed read alot like you. i thought it was weird, and made a comment. then i realized you must have had your name changed so i edited my comment to add oic (oh, i see)

ThumperPup
02-15-11, 04:02 PM
no i was just making an observation. the way the post was typed read alot like you. i thought it was weird, and made a comment. then i realized you must have had your name changed so i edited my comment to add oic (oh, i see)

I know i was jsut busting on you

thebigjimsho
02-26-11, 02:58 PM
Extenders should be free. Since safety items in cars aren't part of a limited warranty and are good for life, manufacturers should be offering them free since they shouldn't want possible liability...

ThumperPup
02-26-11, 05:28 PM
Extenders should be free. Since safety items in cars aren't part of a limited warranty and are good for life, manufacturers should be offering them free since they shouldn't want possible liability...

wait if im understanding you correctly
then if say my seat belt for some reason stops working or if the hook gets jammed then the dealer or GM has to fix it for free under lifetime warranty ?

or am i miss understand what your saying

also what other safety items are considered under lifetime warranty
airbags ?
if say one malfunctions and goes off but its not from an accident or if you get the service airbag msg on and then they check that out and find your airbag is not functioning properly do they have to replace that for free ?

thebigjimsho
02-26-11, 05:54 PM
Just like recalls usually encompass any vehicle at no cost to the owner because of safety issues, malfunctioning safety measures are covered by the manufacturer. This does not include modification or abuse by the vehicle owner.

ThumperPup
02-26-11, 05:58 PM
ok but say my service air bag msg comes on so im worried that my air bag is bad i take it to dealership they check it out say something needs to be replaced so do i have to pay for that or is that something that GM has to cover ? iv noticed maybe 3 times in the lasst 2 years i see the service air bag msg ill pull codes but don't find anything
shut it off and its fine

thebigjimsho
02-26-11, 06:01 PM
Do you have side airbags? Maybe you're putting too much pressure on those and the light is coming on due to obstruction...

ThumperPup
02-26-11, 06:15 PM
Do you have side airbags? Maybe you're putting too much pressure on those and the light is coming on due to obstruction...

it has the airbags in the seat the side of the seat but not on the door or side of the car but has the air bags built into the sides of the front seats wich i never truly understand how those would help you are not