: Factory HID fog light part #

dr_whigham
12-30-10, 12:49 AM
TONS of searching, Googling, Yahooing..... nothing.

What the HELL is the part# and the size of a 2004 Escalade HID FACTORY fog light?

nathanjax
12-30-10, 07:51 AM
fog lights are NOT HID lights.

Low beam headlamp
HID-D1R

High beam headlamp

Fog/Driving light

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

dr_whigham
12-31-10, 02:48 AM
I can look on sylvania's website and get the same info too, and I have.....

I'm telling you though, my fogs are factory, are the SAME as my headlights in brightness and especially color. Although rare, some 2004 Escalades came with HID fogs from the factory. I could call the dealership, just thought someone else had an idea of the part# for the bulb. It's an HID bulb, not aftermarket. All factory.

JG!
12-31-10, 03:03 AM
I don't think they came with HID fogs. If you end up finding a part # please post.

mosimann
12-31-10, 04:49 AM
Never heard about them either. I installed HIDs on my fogs but got aftermarket ones.

And the "cool" thing is that I got 3000k (yellow) and was pulled over because of them. Got a verbal warning as they were too bright. Actually they were too high, which was an easy fix.

nathanjax
12-31-10, 06:40 AM
Sorry, but your wrong. There were no escalades made with FACTORY HID's in them.

Old Guy
12-31-10, 02:53 PM
^ x2... in the fogs that is... the OEM foglight housing isnt set up for the high heat output of an HID. More than likely those are aftermarkets if they are truely HID's. Of course alot of people think that the brighter output regular bulbs are considered HID but without a ballast, its no HID. And as far as the service manual says, there were and are no OEM HID fogs as stated above for our bodystyle Escalades.

dr_whigham
01-02-11, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Its just weird. They look EXACTLY the same color and all of my HID regular factory headlights. When I get in from offshore I'm gonna pull the burnt bulb (finally) and see what it really is. I've detected no ballast or slim kit or anything under there. We'll see what happens. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks again.

T-Giv
01-02-11, 08:53 PM
Yeah I wish they had come with HIDs in the fogs! I did green 30,000K fogs in mine with 880 bulbs. I have heard extensive rumors that it will melt the housing but I haven't had any issues with mine yet.

ScoreBo
01-02-11, 10:59 PM
Probably SilverStar bulbs...

TwistC3
01-20-11, 02:42 PM
What is the difference between the 02 head lights and the 05 or 06 that has HID, is it just the bulb or the entire houseing? What do i need to do to upgrade? - thanks,

nathanjax
01-20-11, 03:05 PM
The inside of the housing is different. The glare that HID housings put out is different then the halogens.

Old Guy
01-20-11, 08:34 PM
yeh the hole inside is different and it has a metal ground strap looking thing in a loop shape that the bulb itself sits on when installed into the housing, plus I am sure the hold-down wire is different too. Designed for higher heat output obviously...