: Struts, Liftgate......round 2!

shrb
12-29-10, 02:40 PM
WOW, they closed my first post because of all the mouthing!

Let's get back to why we are here to begin with. I picked up my car this morning after them having it for 7 days. Here are the things that were fixed. I will try and be specific so if anyone else is having this problem: (wording from ticket)

1. Squeak, Squawk or Thump Noise from Rear of Vehicle
Cause: Not insulated
Fix: Installed insulation in rear spring mounts as outlined in bulletin PI0105
2. Right Front Area Sounds like Struts are Worn
Cause: Not Lubed
Fix: Lubricted front stabilizer bushings as described in bulletin
3. Check Leak in Front Center of Vehicle
Cause: Leaking Tank
Fix: Found Radiator Leaking, Replaced Radiator Assembly
4. SVC Update-INV & Customer Vehicles - Lighting Cal-Reprog
Cause: Campaign
Fix: Reprogrammed BCM with S19F3
5. Rubbing Noise in Steering Coumn
Cause: Could Not Duplicate
Fix: Called back to dealership just now because one of the technicians drove the car with me and heard the noise. After having the car for a couple of hours, the serv. guy came and told me the steering "?" was not lubed at the factory and they would have to take the steering column apart, lube it, put back together, drive it, take it apart, lube it again and finally put back together. This is done at the factory twice and does not have to be done for the lifetime of the car. WILL HAVE TO TAKE BACK TO HAVE DONE.
6. Passener side mirror will not move Left to Right
Cause: Open Circuit
Fix: Found Open Wire Circuits in Folding Part of Mirror. Replaced Mirror Assembly. (fixed mirror and 2 weeks later it stopped working. Took it back and they coulnd fix it, so they ordered a mirror and it took 6 weeks to come in. The mirror was put on at this time)

This is just an example of what I have been through. If you are having similar problems, I hope this information helps you. I do understand that some noise will occurr when the car is cold. It has been 70 - 85 degrees where I live now.

My hearing is January 13th....will keep you guys posted.
S

stevec5375
12-29-10, 03:02 PM
Shana, Thanks for the detailed update. I think I was right when I said your car must have been assembled on "hangover Monday". Geez! What else might be lurking that you have yet to discover? So many things missing and not lubed or insulated. Where was the quality control?

Ponyman
12-29-10, 03:03 PM
Shrb, I can't remember, is it you that they have offered another vehicle to, or is that another poster?

smiley47
12-29-10, 03:25 PM
Shrb, do you happen to know your build date? Just curious.

shrb
12-29-10, 05:12 PM
Steve, thanks for the support. Coming home from picking up my car, the sunroof screen would not work. I always keep it open b/c I like the light. Anyway, I was about 10 miles out and I just pulled over and started messing with it. The screen opened half way; I mashed it bout 20 times and it would only go halfway. I mashed the sunroof and it went....zzzzzz for about 3 sec. and stopped. I was about to die. Finally, the sunroof closed after moving about 1/2 inch and then the screen started working. Man, when I got home and was documenting what was done, I realized they had not lubed the steering column like I was told needed to be done because it was not done at the factory. The service manager is getting back to me on that. It says on the ticket that the problem could not be duplicated.....When I dropped the car off for service, I drove the car with the technician and he heard the noise as I turned the wheel and agreed. After about 3 hours, they told me what they found. My 8 yr. old son spent about 5 hours at the dealership & in another town, they finally sent me home in a loaner. So today when I saw that on the ticket at home I called. So I'm waiting on hearing from them on why it was not done. I did look their ticket that was handwritten over before I left and everything looked OK. My hearing is in 3 weeks so I will just wait until then before I get anything else done.

Smiley, it looks like my car was made on 09/09. We bought the car in late Nov. of 2009. I think mine might have just been the very first, practice one! lol I am so torn between getting another SRX or a Tahoe. I drove a Tahoe for the past week while they had mine and I hate the fact that the back seats have to be laid down to put groceries in. That is a deal breaker for me. My sons tae kwon do bag is huge and that alone takes up 1/3 of my space in my SRX. I am fine with GM, just not sure about the model of car.....any thoughts guys?
S

GeeVee
12-29-10, 05:41 PM
Shrb, you have my sympathy and best wishes for what you have gone through. I`ve been a dedicated GM guy all my life but this is inexcusable and disgraceful. There are supposed to be checks and balances to prevent these types of major failures. It`s called quality control. Shame on GM and Cadillac for dropping the ball so badly on this

smiley47
12-29-10, 05:50 PM
Sorry about your bad luck. I'm one of the many fortunate ones who has had very few issues, (chrome strip, turbo fuel sensor reprogram recall, and now the steering sleeve recall). All in all, not bad for the first year model run. My build date was 1-05-10 so by then maybe the process was fine tuned. I also have a dealer that treats customers very professionally.

I would hope that GM would give you a smokin' deal on a 2011 and just take yours back for use as a dealer exec car. If not, you might want to check out the Traverse LTZ. A friend of mine just got one as a company car and it is sweet. Nice interior, seats lay down flat, etc. The LTZ is loaded. Worth a look if you can't get relief from the dealer on the SRX.

Good luck.

shrb
12-29-10, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys for all your support. At least I am smiling..... lol

I have thought about other cars, but I really LOVE the way this one will drop to 90 mph in a heartbeat! I do love to drive fast and my friend/lawyer that takes care of my tickets told me "No more"....man, I may have to buy one of those cop detectors. haha

I just want a "no hassle" ride. I will keep you updated.
S

shrb
12-30-10, 11:25 PM
True story.....after all that, I picked up the car yesterday and the sunscreen wouldn't work and today as I was heading home from the metrolex and my navigation.....yep, stopped working. I called OnStar to download directions to this store, which I knew how to get there, but I wanted to see if the way I thought was really the quickest. Well, on the right hand side of the screen it said 29 mi. to turn right, which would have put me about a block from my destination, but on the left hand side it said I had 79 mi and it would take me 74 min. WHAT????? So I called OnStar back and they said "Yes, based on your GPS, you are 29 mi from your destination, but the other part is.......Cadillac! I will have to transfer you to that department". I just had to laugh! Of course, it is Cadillac because that is just my luck with this car! When I got to my destination the screen still showed to be over 40 mi, but yet I was sitting in the parking lot. They had to "reprogram" something and so when I headed home I did it again and it worked. WOW, can Jan. 13th come any sooner? I think I am going with an upgrade on the SRX. I just love it sooooo much. By them tightening the springs and realigning the struts it is riding smoother. Liftgate is still squeaky.....and I hate that noise. lol
All I can say, is I do love the SRX.....call me crazy, but it drives amazing!

stevec5375
12-31-10, 11:32 AM
True story.....after all that, I picked up the car yesterday and the sunscreen wouldn't work and today as I was heading home from the metrolex and my navigation.....yep, stopped working. I called OnStar to download directions to this store, which I knew how to get there, but I wanted to see if the way I thought was really the quickest. Well, on the right hand side of the screen it said 29 mi. to turn right, which would have put me about a block from my destination, but on the left hand side it said I had 79 mi and it would take me 74 min. WHAT????? So I called OnStar back and they said "Yes, based on your GPS, you are 29 mi from your destination, but the other part is.......Cadillac! I will have to transfer you to that department". I just had to laugh! Of course, it is Cadillac because that is just my luck with this car! When I got to my destination the screen still showed to be over 40 mi, but yet I was sitting in the parking lot. They had to "reprogram" something and so when I headed home I did it again and it worked. WOW, can Jan. 13th come any sooner? I think I am going with an upgrade on the SRX. I just love it sooooo much. By them tightening the springs and realigning the struts it is riding smoother. Liftgate is still squeaky.....and I hate that noise. lol
All I can say, is I do love the SRX.....call me crazy, but it drives amazing!

OK. You're crazy! :bonkers: Not for loving the SRX but for taking your chances on another one after what you've been through.

Smokin' SRX
12-31-10, 12:36 PM
I once ate at a restaurant that my friends loved. The cook called in sick, the waitress was out the nite before, and the food was OK but served cold. They heated it, but..........

Based on my many friends testimony, I went back again and have been, ever since. That was 2001.

Buy another SRX and enjoy it! Nothing else compares w/o spending another $15-$20K :-)

SS

stevec5375
12-31-10, 01:23 PM
I once ate at a restaurant that my friends loved. The cook called in sick, the waitress was out the nite before, and the food was OK but served cold. They heated it, but..........

Based on my many friends testimony, I went back again and have been, ever since. That was 2001.

Buy another SRX and enjoy it! Nothing else compares w/o spending another $15-$20K :-)

SS

You wouldn't consider an Acura MDX on par with an SRX? I almost bought that until I found the SRX for $1K less.

shrb
12-31-10, 09:11 PM
An Acura.....I have not thought about. I have looked at the Lexus because it looks so much like the SRX. Not 100% sure what I'm gonna do, but today driving to Abilene......nice!

shrb
01-03-11, 10:46 PM
Well, today I talked to Rich Henderson with GM and he was the rudest man ever! I called to visit one last time with him on a deal with my car. We have talked before and I told him about my problems and still needing repairs. Since this is a Cadillac website, I will not go into what this man told me, but with the 13 pages of documentation that I have, all the service tickets, history on my car and notes, all I have to say is he better be prepared to meet with me on January 13th. This lady is not going to allow anyone to talk to her disrespectful and somehow feel that this whole issue is my fault.....really!
Say a prayer guys, I go next Thursday and i have to represent myself. There will not be anyone there from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to help me out! Please feel free to send me a message with advice, support or just words of encouragement. My husband is in the midst of tax season and will not be able to attend with me. I have contacted an attorney friend that might show up to help me out. We shall see.
S

GeeVee
01-03-11, 11:29 PM
Once again I`m ashamed to have bought a vehicle from a company that allows it`s people to treat customers in such a fashion. Shrb, with all sincerity, I would hire a lawyer and have him/her with me at that Jan.13th meeting/showdown. Perhaps then and only then will you get the respect and dignity you deserve. I wish you the best of luck!

shrb
01-03-11, 11:53 PM
Thank you so much GeeVee & Sube. It was really bad and I'm a very strong person. You never know when you are being recorded so I was careful what I said, but he knew I meant business. How dare him accuse me of this being my fault in any way! WOW, what did I cut or puncture the radiator? hehe

algiorda
01-04-11, 08:44 AM
Shrb,

Hang in there and be relentless and stand your ground. They are just trying to wear you down. You have my sympathy. We have all been there.

I will tell you that I have had not ONE issue with my 2010 SRX purchased in July. I is performing ABOVE my expectations. This is my second SRX, I purchased another 1st year model in 2004. That model was in the shop at least 8 - 10 times. However, GM stood by their vehicle and fixed everything to where it finally was trouble free (except for burning oil).

The SRX is a great car; I marvel at the ride and highway handling with this vehicle. Stick with it and it will all work out in the end. I applaud you for keeping top notch records. That will help your case immensely.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Al

PJ1520
01-04-11, 02:35 PM
Shrb.........stuff like this happens in life, and you will be the better for it when the smoke clears. You will come out on top. There are no grey areas in this.

Having an attorney with you and introduced as such will send a clear message: there will be one and only one outcome, and you are prepared to make that happen.

You are your own best spokesperson, attorney present or no. You have lived every problem, every dealership visit, every conversation, every repair ticket item, and every lost day of your time. Your job was to show up with the capacity to pay for the vehicle. You did that. Theirs was to deliver it in a quality, new vehicle condition and in new vehicle working order. They have fallen far short on their end.

Stay on point. Don't let them or yourself get lost in the detail in your meeting. Present three major points, and stick with them, and hammer them home. If they want detail, tell them to read their own service records and history, all of which you have, and is something they should already have intimate knowledge of when they show up at the meeting.

Your responsibility under consumer lemon laws was to give them a reasonable opportunity to correct any deficiencies within in a reasonable time frame and number of visits. You delivered on your responsibility (and then some, then some more). They have not. The law says they must make you whole, at least from a product standpoint. It is not reasonable for them to expect you to keep this vehicle and continue this circus. Your personal time, effort, and aggravation may not compensible......until or if you have to pursue the matter in a civil court.

Then the gloves come off, and if they so choose they can expose themselves to more than just "vehicle replacement" damages.

Leverage.....you have it. Make it clear you are prepared to use it, all of it. If you don't get satisfaction in your meeting, you have a number of "next steps" available to you.

The civil courts are the consumers' advocate. You have the local media......bad (but accurate) publicity will cost the other party many times more than what is currently on the table. I would also be prepared to bring the President of GM into the loop, in writing, top down involvement. If they can't make the correct decision and come to a satisfactory agreement with you at your meeting, be prepared to take it to the one decisision maker who will put an end to this nonsense. The Better Business Bureau should be brought into the loop as well. Other consumers need to know what they may be getting themselves into when dealing with this dealership, Cadillac, and GM.

The recalcitrant GM representative? Skip the politeness. Call him on his attitude in your meeting. He does a disservice to his side of things when he can't seem at the very least to put himself in your shoes......and you should say so. He is not the aggrieved party. You are.

Take emotion out of your demeanor, leave it at home. Resolve is what you need to show.

At the meeting, be very specific about your expectations. (A), (B), and (C). Period.

Insist on time frames, responsible parties, and contact information. Who will do what, when, and how. And who on their side will be the single point of contact and communication on their side. You've had far too many dancing partners.

Get the name and contact information on their attorney contact. I would make the assumption at this point the other side just doesn't get it.

Communicate in writing to them immediately after the meeting. Your version of events, committments, time frames, and responsible parties.

Shrb.....you can and will prevail in this if you set your mind to it. What sometimes gets lost in these types of exchanges is the gravity of the situation for the aggrieved party, you. You are on the short end of a $40,000 + transaction, and it appears the other side is not sympathetic to it. It is time the other party bellies up to their responsibility and makes things right.

By the way, I own and drive an SRX because I choose to. It saddens me that our choice of an American marque, GM , and Cadillac no less comes down to something like what you are going through.

PJ

shrb
01-06-11, 12:23 AM
PJ,
That is awesome advice and I already feel better about the meeting. I had a Cadillac Engineer send me a private message on this board asking me about Rich Henderson......I don't trust anyone who works for GM, Cadillac or Lawrence Hall Chevrolet in Abilene, Texas. I will be prepared at this meeting next week because you all have given me the wisdom and knowledge to do so. Enjoy getting the private messages.
I was saddened today when I was running errands and the liftgate was so squeaky I had to turn up the radio. I do love this car and that is what saddens me. If I had paid $20,000 for this car, maybe I would tolerate more. But I am a school teacher and as you can imagine, I must really love cars to pay THAT much for an automobile.
But what these people don't realize is that my parents own a funeral home here, they buy 3 new cars for the business every 2 years, my Mom drives an Escalade, grandmother drives a CTS, uncle drives an SRX, aunt drives a Cadillac and they all trade every couple of years. We do not have a local dealership. The money these people are going to cost themselves in the future is huge. Forgot to share that part with them! hehe My father just bought a Ford Expedition because of the problems I have had. My family would have used this dealership as I have, but since my problems, a few have switched to Big Country Autoland in Snyder, Tx. Those people know how to treat you with respect and southern hospitality.
You all are amazing. I still don't know what car I will switch too, but I will tell you I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO DRIVE THIS CAR!
S

MReiland
01-08-11, 05:17 PM
PJ,
That is awesome advice and I already feel better about the meeting. I had a Cadillac Engineer send me a private message on this board asking me about Rich Henderson......I don't trust anyone who works for GM, Cadillac or Lawrence Hall Chevrolet in Abilene, Texas. I will be prepared at this meeting next week because you all have given me the wisdom and knowledge to do so. Enjoy getting the private messages.
I was saddened today when I was running errands and the liftgate was so squeaky I had to turn up the radio. I do love this car and that is what saddens me. If I had paid $20,000 for this car, maybe I would tolerate more. But I am a school teacher and as you can imagine, I must really love cars to pay THAT much for an automobile.
But what these people don't realize is that my parents own a funeral home here, they buy 3 new cars for the business every 2 years, my Mom drives an Escalade, grandmother drives a CTS, uncle drives an SRX, aunt drives a Cadillac and they all trade every couple of years. We do not have a local dealership. The money these people are going to cost themselves in the future is huge. Forgot to share that part with them! hehe My father just bought a Ford Expedition because of the problems I have had. My family would have used this dealership as I have, but since my problems, a few have switched to Big Country Autoland in Snyder, Tx. Those people know how to treat you with respect and southern hospitality.
You all are amazing. I still don't know what car I will switch too, but I will tell you I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO DRIVE THIS CAR!
S

BTW. I was the engineer that contacted you, I actually am not a Cadillac engineer though, I work on Advanced Robotics with NASA and frequent this board mostly on my own time trying to help people here (Mostly on the CTS forums, however you can see some of my work on Whistlers thread after his SRX was t-boned). I am deeply sorry to hear about your problems with your vehicle and would help if there was anything that I could do. Unfortunately once the customer and GM or the dealer start talking about getting a lawyer, most avenues I can help with are shut and the legal departments take over. You know how to get a hold of me if you need to.

Matt

shrb
01-08-11, 11:16 PM
Matt, I have a hearing in 4 days.....I appreciate your concern, but you are just about 10 months too late. My problems have left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth and yes, the man you spoke of is the guy that was rude beyond rude to me. I will see him on Thursday in court. He can explain his rudeness to the judge.
S

Smokin' SRX
01-10-11, 11:01 AM
You wouldn't consider an Acura MDX on par with an SRX? I almost bought that until I found the SRX for $1K less.

No I wouldn't. Have ya ever looked under the rear bumper, while following a Honda, I mean Acura, with your headlites on? Call me fussy, but I would never buy a CUV/SUV where the exhaust pipes sit under the rear axles! Maybe they consider that a "skid plate" ? Poor design waiting for the first high bump. Admittedly, I am used to driving real SUV's like Yukon/Tahoes and even consider the SRX a small compromise, but some of these Import sleds, calling themselves SUV's give me a laugh.

JIMHO

SS

stevec5375
01-10-11, 11:36 AM
No I wouldn't. Have ya ever looked under the rear bumper, while following a Honda, I mean Acura, with your headlites on? Call me fussy, but I would never buy a CUV/SUV where the exhaust pipes sit under the rear axles! Maybe they consider that a "skid plate" ? Poor design waiting for the first high bump. Admittedly, I am used to driving real SUV's like Yukon/Tahoes and even consider the SRX a small compromise, but some of these Import sleds, calling themselves SUV's give me a laugh.

JIMHO

SS

The way I drive I doubt high bumps will ever be an issue (streets only). I haven't read any reviews that took the MDX to task for this.

shrb
01-11-11, 10:01 PM
OK, guys....hearing is in two days. I feel like I have earned a law degree the past 2 weeks! Say prayers on Thursday that justice be served and that cadillac has to pay for their mistake and denial to fix a problem.
S

shrb
01-13-11, 08:42 PM
Well, today was a successful day! Before we even walked into the courtroom, the GM rep made a deal with us, we asked the judge for a continuance to see if things work out. The Lemon Law has a formula to figure out the difference of what I paid minus mileage I traveled. They are going to trade us a 2011 SRX exactly like what we have minus money for mileage. I was super pumped. I have to turn in a VIN number and should have the car within 2 weeks. When the transaction is done, I will post more details, but for now I'm just happy it is over!

sube5186
01-13-11, 09:59 PM
It makes me furious that they would force you to go to those lengths just for some justice. They knew they were in the wrong right from the very start. They should have apologized and offered you a new car a long time ago. Instead, they force you to go to court to prove what they've known all along.....the car CAN'T be fixed. How arrogant of them! This kind of behavior is doing nothing to enhance GM's reputation.

Anyway, congratulations on your apparent victory.

Sube

shrb
01-13-11, 10:03 PM
He gave me a choice of vehicle and I said I would think about it, but yes, I too was aggrivated that we could not have settled this later. The court called me yesterday and said they had not heard from me on the Motion for Continuance. I said, "What Motion"? They faxed the Motion to them, but FedEx to me. I got it LAST NIGHT! It made my case advisor mad that they waited until the last minute the try and postpone the hearing. Well, I oppossed and the Judge ruled in my favor so we did at least have the hearing today. It is over and I am glad to be soon rid of this vehicle.
S

Ponyman
01-13-11, 10:04 PM
Thar's good news, but they should have done it without you having totake them all the way to court. Hope you 2011 turns out to be as problem free as our 10 has been. Didn't you say your Cadillac dealer was some distance away? That is why we are limited to mostly domestic models where I live. I would have to take most foreign cars either to Dallas or OKC which are both about 100 miles away. I would kind of like a new volkswagon EOS, but with my luck I would spend all my time running it back for srvice.

algiorda
01-14-11, 08:46 AM
shrb,

Congratulations and welcome back to the SRX family. If I were the dealer in this case, I would Gold Plate your 2011 SRX (add additional options you didn't ask for like XM/Serius 12 month subscription, Nav Unit, Fog Lights, etc.) to restore goodwill for his/her business and the GM reputation.

Do you think it will be awkward working with this dealer in the future or are you planning on using a different dealer?

Al

PJ1520
01-14-11, 05:02 PM
Congratulations, SHRB!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said in my earlier post, you were holding all of the legal cards (and documentation). They thought they could outlast you, that you would give up, quit in frustration, and go away. A classic, ill-advised tactic that demonstrates an element of arrogance accompanied by no brains, business or otherwise.

They couldn't even get the motion for a continuance right!!!! They had to know they had no chance in court. But like everything else, they messed that up too. They HAD to know they would suffer a serious image hit that in retrospect would make the cost of swapping out vehicles for you seem like a single grain of sand in the desert.

Boy, they messed with the wrong person!

However, what they say they will do and what they actually do for you in the next two weeks is anybody's guess. They have blundered every step of the way so far and might continue in this fashion. So believe the new SRX it when you see it, sign the papers, and drive it off the lot. And be ready to ACT if something should go awry.

Algiorda makes a good point. You wouldn't find me back in that dealership again unless it was to spit on a few of the management people or the owner. I'd find another Cadillac dealership, or find a GM dealership to service the car down the road. These defeated folks might carry a grudge to compliment their ignorance and arrogance......the management that is. You are free to take a GM car to any GM dealership for service and repairs.

Keep us posted, and I wish you luck. But you don't need luck, just the continued resolve you have shown.

PJ

stevec5375
01-14-11, 05:21 PM
Congratulations, SHRB!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said in my earlier post, you were holding all of the legal cards (and documentation). They thought they could outlast you, that you would give up, quit in frustration, and go away. A classic, ill-advised tactic that demonstrates an element of arrogance accompanied by no brains, business or otherwise.

They couldn't even get the motion for a continuance right!!!! They had to know they had no chance in court. But like everything else, they messed that up too. They HAD to know they would suffer a serious image hit that in retrospect would make the cost of swapping out vehicles for you seem like a single grain of sand in the desert.

Boy, they messed with the wrong person!

However, what they say they will do and what they actually do for you in the next two weeks is anybody's guess. They have blundered every step of the way so far and might continue in this fashion. So believe the new SRX it when you see it, sign the papers, and drive it off the lot. And be ready to ACT if something should go awry.

Algiorda makes a good point. You wouldn't find me back in that dealership again unless it was to spit on a few of the management people or the owner. I'd find another Cadillac dealership, or find a GM dealership to service the car down the road. These defeated folks might carry a grudge to compliment their ignorance and arrogance......the management that is. You are free to take a GM car to any GM dealership for service and repairs.

Keep us posted, and I wish you luck. But you don't need luck, just the continued resolve you have shown.

PJ

This whole ugly mess just makes me sad. What has happened to the world? There was a time that people took pride in their products and cared for their customers. Is this what we've come to?

Shana, I am glad you prevailed (so far), but I would be very wary of that new 2011 SRX. I wouldn't put it past them to sabotage it just to get even.

I'm glad you shared your story with us. I will be thinking about this if I run into similar issues with my SRX. So far, I've been lucky and my dealership seems to give a hoot.

This is such an ugly black eye for GM. I just can't believe they treated you like this? It's mean spirited.

Ponyman
01-14-11, 05:49 PM
unately it is not just GM. go to the volkswagn board and see how they are treating owners of the EOC. They are having major water leaks on the convertible hardtop, ruining interiors, and not wnating to pay for or repair the problems.

shrb
01-14-11, 06:26 PM
OK, I need to clarify that I "FIRED" the dealership that treated me so wrong back in August. Lawrence Hall Chevrolet/Cadillac in Abilene, Tx is the one. When I returned from vacation and they lied about ordering parts, etc. I took my car and ALL future business to Big Country AutoLand in Snyder, Tx. That was the final straw and I'm so glad I did. Let me tell you, Snyder is a small town of about 12,000, but the hospitality I have received is amazing. I called them today with a VIN number for getting us another car. They are the ones that got me a copy of my cars history...we can't get that, only the dealer. They sent me copies of emails where the GM rep said he wasn't notified my car was in the shop and Big Country said they did notify him, etc. I have used them since Aug. and I am fairly a young person and will be spending lots of money with them in the future. My parents own a funeral home in my hometown and with all my family and the business, that will bring them hundreds of thousands of dollars in the future seeing that our local dealership shut down a couple of years ago.

They will take care of me for sure. I think one thing that got the GM rep is that I showed up with a briefcase full of material. I had to make 3 copies of all my records and let me tell you since March, I have docuemented every phone call, every time I took it in, even if it was just to order a part or to look at something. I would even come home and make notes of who I spoke to and what exactly they told me. I also started making list of things wrong and when I took it in I would ask them to make a copy. I had to fax all of the papers "I produced" and it was the next day when they filed their Motion for Continuance. I had only 8 service records, but I had taken it in close to 25 times! They seem to put in their typed notes what they want, example: I dropped off my car one time for the noise in steering column and the rear liftgate noise. The tech rode with me when I arrived so he could hear the noise. He heard it, diagnosed it right away. When I got the invoice a week later when I picked up the car, it said, "Could not duplicate noise". I called and the service tech said with all the work they did to the front end that when they drove it they didn't hear it anymore. They didn't replace or fix the problem he had diagnosed. So I said, well can you at least ammend the ticket so it doesn't look like I was lying about the noise? They did send me a copy of the hand written notes where it said the "tech heard the noise when riding with the customer"

So one of the things I did learn from this site is documentation is apparent if your gonna win! If I had shown up to court just saying my car doesn't work and only 8 service tickets.....well, you know what would have happened. I did hire a lawyer figuring that it would be worth whatever I had to pay him if I won. Just having him there in a suit, briefcase and all 3 of us standing their laughing and visiting while we were waiting.....made him wonder. The case before us ran over 40 min. which was a God thing because by the time they called us, we had pretty much worked it out. I think since there is a lawyer involved, it will go pretty quick. He said to locate a VIN and have my dealership locate it and get it to Snyder. I did that today....I will keep you posted on the results. You guys have been amazing in helping me with terminology and understanding my rights. I was prepared and ready to stand my ground and I think doing so made them think twice.

You are all right in that GM should have made this right a long time ago. The dealership in Abilene did not help me at all in making me think I was making it up. I got frustrated and found another dealer. I don't think businesses nowadays understand that repeat business is future business! I have already sent a handful of ppl to Snyder to purchase cars and have their Cadillacs serviced. Those ppl are so awesome and amazing. If you need a great dealer and knowledgable sales and service ppl, call Big Country AutoLand in Snyder, Tx.
S

Ponyman
01-15-11, 09:34 AM
It is great that you have found a dealer that you trust. Hope the new car works out as well as ours has. I knw it isn't much but you wil be getting a few new featurs with the 2011. My local dealer, can't buy a car from them. Every time I get a new vehicle, and that is quite often, I try to trade with them and just can't. now the local service department is wonderful. They don't care where the car came from, they will work on it and make it right. It is almost like there are two different companies sharing the same building. Let us knw how the 2011 works out.

shrb
01-16-11, 09:17 PM
What new features do the 2011 have? I think the passive keyless entry is standard.....

sube5186
01-16-11, 09:21 PM
What new features do the 2011 have? I think the passive keyless entry is standard.....

Here's a partial list. There are two things omitted from the list. One, is the cell phone address book download to the vehicle. The 2010 only has an "audible" phone book. The second is the OnStar smart phone app integration. This allows you to start your car, check gas levels, tire pressure, unlock doors, etc. from your cell phone.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/vehicles/cadillac/srx/2011.brand_cadillac.html

Sube

shrb
01-16-11, 10:44 PM
Thank you. Always wished I could lock my doors automatically. That is the only thing on my performance, gray flannel that I wished I had. So thank goodness that the 2011 has it standard.

shrb
01-21-11, 11:10 PM
Update: Today my 2011 was ordered. GM said the build date was Feb. 14th and should be here by the end of Feb. Yea.....finally gonna be over. I will let you know when I receive the car. I am eager to get out from under this one. Today the "tune" knob stopped working. There was a horrible song on the radio and so I just had to turn it off. I don't know how to switch to other stations other than that knob.

Ponyman
01-21-11, 11:24 PM
Use the up/ down button on the steering wheel. That should run you through your presets.

TheCaptain
01-22-11, 04:46 PM
Also the Seek >> and Seek << buttons.

shrb
01-23-11, 12:04 AM
I know the up/down button should work and mine doesn't. The knob started working again this a.m. when I started the car. They are going to sell my car at an auction.....so caution.......Do not buy a gray 2010 SRX with ebony/titanium interior, 20 in. wheels, rear entertainment.....lol I will hide a butterfly sticker in the back console top just so you will know!!!!! I just crack myself up. Built date 9/09

stevec5375
01-23-11, 09:49 AM
I know the up/down button should work and mine doesn't. The knob started working again this a.m. when I started the car. They are going to sell my car at an auction.....so caution.......Do not buy a gray 2010 SRX with ebony/titanium interior, 20 in. wheels, rear entertainment.....lol I will hide a butterfly sticker in the back console top just so you will know!!!!! I just crack myself up. Built date 9/09

Amazing! So they're going to dump a lemon on someone else!? I would contact the local newspaper and see if they're interested in running a story on this. I hope all of the problems are disclosed to the potential new buyer.

sube5186
01-23-11, 11:46 AM
Amazing! So they're going to dump a lemon on someone else!? I would contact the local newspaper and see if they're interested in running a story on this. I hope all of the problems are disclosed to the potential new buyer.

It's really sad when your friends start abusing drugs. Steve, with a statement like that, please tell me you haven't taken up "crack smoking" in your spare time. :p Of course they won't tell the next unsuspecting sucker. They'll unload it on them and then they'll wind up right back here on the forum with the same exact problems and possibly more.

Sube

stevec5375
01-23-11, 12:33 PM
It's really sad when your friends start abusing drugs. Steve, with a statement like that, please tell me you haven't taken up "crack smoking" in your spare time. :p Of course they won't tell the next unsuspecting sucker. They'll unload it on them and then they'll wind up right back here on the forum with the same exact problems and possibly more.

Sube

LOL!! Crack? Not me!

I suppose there was a reason they decided to settle the case rather than let it go to court and become public record. Now there really is no record of all that shrb's car went through. I suppose in the end, it's just like buying any used car: BUYER BEWARE!! How sad. :(

sube5186
01-23-11, 01:49 PM
I suppose there was a reason they decided to settle the case rather than let it go to court and become public record. Now there really is no record of all that shrb's car went through. I suppose in the end, it's just like buying any used car: BUYER BEWARE!! How sad. :(

Bingo! Give that man a cigar.

This is one of the reasons I never buy used cars. You never know what ticking time bomb you're getting. The other reason is because I don't trust anyone other than myself to get all of required maintenance done on time. Some folks wait until their oil turns to sludge before they change it. Then, they just sell it or trade it in for another.

Sube

shrb
01-29-11, 06:38 PM
Based on the lemon law, they are suppose to disclose the problems the car has had. However, like the man said, "There is no record". I guess that is what they are wanting. I just laugh every time I back out of my driveway....the little bump is about 2 inches tall and the back door makes this horrible squeaky noise The car is so rough. I can't imagine anyone buying this car. It almost has 27,000 miles on it now. I hate rap music and having to turn off the radio because I can't change the channel is insane. I finally pushed the CD button and it was my Christmas music CD....oh well, at least it was not rap!
S

shrb
03-10-11, 10:54 PM
It is all over. Got the new 2011 with an awesome deal and settlement. See my new post.....SHRB finally got another SRX and is happy.

PJ1520
03-11-11, 04:50 PM
Congratulations Shana!!!!!!!!

PJ