: Viewer discretion is advised

lesinfamous
12-28-10, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately bumped into a youtube clip of a 69 limo being demolished along with a lincoln...starts on the 2 minute mark...makes me wonder how many 1975
limos/nine passengers are left...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Dzbf26t3g&feature=related

sven914
12-28-10, 10:13 PM
This is one of the reasons why I always blame Canada, for everything... We didn't give you large American cars, so you syrup sucking yahoos could run them over with heavy machinery, which we also gave you. I'm sure if Leland or Ford knew you would be doing this, they would have left you riding around on your Moose, instead of in the comfort of American luxury.

1980coupe
12-28-10, 10:51 PM
my wifes uncle had a white lincoln like that but had a big ass sunroof on it from one side to the other side of the door frame.
f*cking A$$hol*s cars were perfectly still salvageable

twv5150
12-29-10, 09:09 AM
Now THAT'S what I call some "Low Riders"!!!

77CDV
12-29-10, 02:59 PM
While all those cars were obviously rust buckets beyond all hope of restoration, there were a lot of good parts that were needlessly destroyed. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to own cars.

brougham_geezer
12-29-10, 04:06 PM
Don't they know how badly I needed the rear stabilizer bar off of that '75 Grand Ville Convertible?! This is a shame. Awesome lineup of cars.

robb257731
12-30-10, 01:53 AM
This is one of the reasons why I always blame Canada, for everything... We didn't give you large American cars, so you syrup sucking yahoos could run them over with heavy machinery, which we also gave you. I'm sure if Leland or Ford knew you would be doing this, they would have left you riding around on your Moose, instead of in the comfort of American luxury.

Hmm, you sound like a cross between Archie Bunker and Sheila Broflowski from South Park.

brougham
12-30-10, 02:17 AM

You do know the same thing happens in the US too :bigroll:

sven914
12-30-10, 02:53 PM
^Yes it does... But at least here we give the cars the final dignity of fighting to the death in a mud filled pit, so that the last one moving may become a lawn ornament.

parts91
12-30-10, 03:22 PM
wow thats crazy.. although it look like alot of fun, i dont think i could ever do that i value cars waaaaaaaayyyyyy to much to just crush somthing. people like that are the reason some car parts are so expensive..

robb257731
12-30-10, 07:25 PM
I think what you've all missed is that the guy is an EMPLOYEE at a scrap yard. He's just doing what his boss has told him to do. Read his bio on youtube...he basically says he knows it's a shame that car collectors missed out, but it has nothing to do with him.

Now truth be told, wouldn't you like to smash up a car? I sure know I think it looks like fun.

LOL @ Sven...the dignity of letting them fight to the death in a mud-filled pit. I actually saw a 1980s Fleetwood in a demo derby when I was a teenager. I thought "That car is way too nice to be spray painted purple and in a demo derby." It took ONE hit to the back end, and the entire rear end bent upwards like a drawbridge and it caught on fire.

JamesC
12-30-10, 07:31 PM
Granted we don't know the exact condition of those cars, it still is unnerving for me to watch. More so how much I like older Cadillac (duh! I'm here :P ), but also those late 70's Lincolns. My very first car was, after all, a 1978 Lincoln Continental Town Car; dark burgundy with matching leather interior. I still miss that car very much.