: My '71 Riv lands our band a chance to meet Gene Simmons! Video inside, guys!

brougham_geezer
12-28-10, 07:49 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy this. My band and I made this video to be judged for a chance to win the opportunity to play in front of Gene Simmons and hundreds of music business-types on January 14th in Moncton, N.B. at some national meeting of music industry folks. Gene is the guest speaker at this evening gala event.

The video was filmed in an afternoon, and one eveninng at the beginning of Dec. It's short and features mainly me, wearing some seriously out-of-date clothing/glasses, and driving my Riviera, trying to find a band to play with, much to my "wife's" dismay. The video had to be less than 3 minutes.

Also featured is my girlfriend (yelling at me), and the other members of my band. As you can see, I play drums. Other vehicles of interest featured in the film include our frontman's 1996 FWB seen in the background of the final scene, my '81 FWB, my brother's '76 FWB sticking out of our garage and our guitarist's '89 Crown Vic also in the final scene.

Edited by our bassist. We are all into cars, and three of us heavily into detroit iron. Me and the frontman are certified Cadillac lunatics.

... this isn't supposed to be announced yet... but... THE VIDEO WON! :shhh: We're off to meet The Demon himself on the 14th, and party like mad. We are freaking out!

Three cheers for GM yachts! It pays to own one.:highfive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BJHDsoQjm0

MudAnt
12-28-10, 09:18 PM
That's awesome! The video looked very professional, did someone from your band shoot and edit it?

albymangled
12-28-10, 09:30 PM
Congatulations!

bicentennialcadillac
12-28-10, 10:17 PM
This is awesome.

brougham_geezer
12-29-10, 10:29 AM
Yes! Totally shot and edited by our bass player.

csbuckn
12-29-10, 10:32 AM
Nice, congrats.

outsider
12-29-10, 11:36 AM
pretty cool, man. The acting was not great but the car makes up for it :D

cadillac_al
12-29-10, 11:50 AM
Very COOL!!! I wish I could go but i got an OUI 30 years ago and I've heard that makes me too dangerous to cross a border lol. Oh well, Rock On!

hueterm
12-29-10, 01:56 PM
Awesome guys -- congrats. Love the car!

AElayyat
12-29-10, 10:39 PM
That's a good video! Your band is good.

Good luck

csbuckn
12-30-10, 04:02 PM
When you get rich and famous, can I have your caddy?

jayoldschool
12-30-10, 10:18 PM
And, I get the Riv.

Cool vid. Band sounds good, too. Nice Strat and Les Paul. Tell the bassist he needs to go vintage ;)