: Looking to buy 05 CTS-V, need some advice

blacksheep
12-28-10, 03:57 PM
So, I have been eyeing CTS-V's for a long long time - I am on a budget and this will be a 3rd car to wrench and mod - I could not justfiy doing this on a near brand new car and I will be paranoid to void warranty. So, more reason for me to look at the LS2 powered cars.

That being said - I am looking at an 05 CTS-V with 79k miles. I printed off the "things to look for" thread to check out the car and see if it has any issues.

The vehicle is currently priced at 17k. Its stealth grey with black interior. I was hoping to talk them to 15K IF the vehicle is in good order.

Is there any other specific advice for things to look for - the diff seems to be the biggest mention, I see.

Thanks much!

Twitch
12-28-10, 04:11 PM
You do know the 05 has an LS6, right?

kevm14
12-28-10, 04:37 PM
You want the service history. If the car has lots of new stuff then that's generally a plus. Though if there is a repetitive replacement of one thing I'd be a little concerned. At that mileage, $16-$17k is about right if it looks good and drives tight.

heavymetals
12-28-10, 05:55 PM
"I could not justfiy doing this on a near brand new car and I will be paranoid to void warranty."

What a wuse.

There is no better feeling then turning a virgin into a slut. :histeric:

I had mine (new) for less then 4 months and I had it apart and a maggie stuck on top.

That was just the beginning.

rand49er
12-28-10, 07:16 PM
... There is no better feeling then turning a virgin into a slut. :histeric: ...And this is the kind of moderators we have on this site. :helpless:

If you read the stickie thread, you're good to go. Like heavy mentioned, mods never seem to end. It just keeps going and going and ...

j/k heavy ... that was a good one. :highfive:

blacksheep
12-28-10, 08:21 PM
Well, showed up to look at it after work. They went to grab the key, came back and said it was sold to someone out of state who had just put a deposit down. Oh well, sucks azz but whatever, I guess.

Houdini
12-28-10, 08:40 PM
Wasn't meant to be... you'll find 'the one' soon enough.

D3l7a3ch0
12-29-10, 04:18 AM
Wasn't meant to be... you'll find 'the one' soon enough.

+1... I think this is one of those things that the stars align for you and it all becomes clear

Schoeny
12-29-10, 04:47 PM
Blacksheep, you wouldn't happen to be located in Des Moines, IA would you?

kevm14
12-29-10, 06:27 PM
Why, did you buy his car?? :D

Schoeny
01-04-11, 10:19 AM
I did not, I was actually in the dealership that afternoon waiting for them to give me a quote on my trade-in when the guy put the deposit down.