Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Oil pressure max out when I turn the key once

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  darkman 
#1 ·
My oil pressure goes through the roof before I even turn the car all the way on. I was driving down the road Christmas eve and I got a "service engine soon" on my screen. Then about a couple seconds later the "high oil pressure" started ringing. I checked the gauge an it was max to the fullest. I immediately pulled over and checked my oil level but it was fine. I'm thinking it a sensor problem but not sure. Has anyone encountered these type of problems before?

#7 ·
the other oil pressure sender thread mentioned there is no code for oil pressure sender. it's stickied, like the third one down

also, I was just looking in the manual and it says you should use 5W30. *what* the consequences are exactly, I don't know.

with filter change it's 5.5 QTs. did you change the filter, or did you leave it in and use 5QTs of oil instead of 5.5QT because of the filter already being full?

when I pass about 3000 rpm the oil pressure goes all the way down, and the " low oil pressure, turn off engine" light comes on.
I could be wrong, but maybe the thicker oil is popping the pressure relief open after 3k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.