: If I had any hair, I'd be pulling it out now!

12-28-10, 01:18 AM
Hello all,
I own a 1989 Brougham 5.0L RWD. I love the car (when it runs right), but lately, it's been costing me a lot of money. My latest issue with the car is as follows; I think I may have a vaccuum leak. I recently had the cat. converter checked (thought it might be plugged), it's fine, I had a new muffler and tail pipe installed, a new heater core, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and coil installed. The car idles smoothly, when I take off, it seems fine until I step down on the gas pedal harder. The car starts jerking and feels like it's not getting gas.

Any and all help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

12-28-10, 02:02 AM
Check the Fuel Pressure, could be a bad fuel pump or bad filter?

12-28-10, 03:50 AM
it seems fine until I step down on the gas pedal harder

Maybe the secondaries arent opening. Did it do this before the tune up?

12-28-10, 03:58 AM
Here is a vacuum diagram. I would check into the fuel issues, but you should also check the vacuum line for proper routing. I would replace them if that hasn't been done recently.

12-28-10, 02:33 PM
maybe check to ensure the wires are on in the right spots....I had that happen after a tune up in the fall...mechanic didn't feel it was right, and sure enough the apprentice had crossed a couple of sparkplug wires.

12-28-10, 07:01 PM
check the EGR? that could be doing it...or could be a problem with the carb (if this is carbed...dunno about 89) on mine I ended up needing a rebuilt carb to fix a problem like this due to the acellerator pump not working right

12-28-10, 07:13 PM
^All 307's are carburetted...