: I Can't take the annoying advertisements anymore. Anyone else?

algiorda
12-27-10, 09:34 PM
I've noticed over the past few months an increase in ads, pop-ups, and ads that follow you on the screen on this site. Let me say that I do support this board by posting responses to other members and posting helpful information as much as I get useful information from folks. With that said, I can't contribute to every single forum, bulletin board, and social network that I participate in. I will go broke.

Does anyone else feel the advertising on this board has gotten out of hand (i.e. obtrusive)?

CeeFive
12-27-10, 11:17 PM
I don't mind most of the ads posted around the site as they are forum supporters and can sometimes lead us to interesting products for our cars and support the site.
The obnoxious ad thing that attaches to your mouse and follow it around not allowing you to click on anything until it disappears has ticked me off so many times that I have clicked out of the site more than once because of it. I really hate it and find it insulting. I would not ever buy anything that shows up on that darn thing just for general principals. It's like a carny at a side show who latches on and won't let go. There has to be a better way than that to get our attention. :banghead:

Rolex
12-27-10, 11:57 PM
:moved: from second gen SRX.

Lord Cadillac
12-28-10, 01:12 PM
There are posts in the feedback forum discussing how to remove the ad that follows your cursor. It's not working properly for some people. For most people, it displays once per day for seven seconds... As for popup ads, there are none. There are popunder ads in the Classifieds section only. The blue links that open a box when you scroll over them, they annoy me as well. I have my account set to see ALL ads on the forum. Since there's a TINY little aftermarket for Cadillac, we rely on network ads like these to remain online and FREE.. Like television commercials that interrupt our movies and shows, and take time away from what we really want to be doing, ads exist on the web and we deal with them - or pay (cable television) to get rid of them. Maybe one day Cadillac will have a huge aftermarket like most other automotive sites as busy as this one. At that point, we won't need the annoying network ads.