: Lights wont Flash on "lock"

mklesz
12-27-10, 08:15 PM
Had a lot of problems lately with my 2005 STS V8....water pump, some stainless plate behind water pump cracked and now heat won't work on drivers side but fine on passenger side...not sure on this but sounds to be a bigger issue than I want to deal with now some acutator or something (too many threads to sift through really to find out).....but the most perplexing thing is now the lights won't flash when I hit lock on the FOB....they used to....I checked all the settings through the computer and they are set to flash and I have replaced the batteries in the FOB as well.

any ideas on either the lights or even the heat issue?

SlickCityStan
12-28-10, 12:05 AM
On the "light issue this may sound simple and I am not trying to be funny but, are you asking the vehicle to store the new settings after you have reset them. You said you "checked" the settings, have you tried changing the settings and then reset to your preference. I have done that myself, change something and then forget to "store" the preferred seting. Sorry don't have a clue as to the heating issue

doowap57
12-28-10, 12:11 AM
Sounds like "GOOD ADVICE". By SlickCityStan

mklesz
12-28-10, 09:31 AM
I did save the settings after reviewing them but I will will try and reset them all by turning them off and then back on again and go from there. Thanks for the feedback you never know what we miss.

sba300
12-29-10, 11:59 PM
are your hazard lights working? mine recently failed on me. probably highly unlikely, but just check it out. also, change driver selection to driver, program the settings to flash on lock, and see if that helps. that'll help you narrow down the problem a little further.