: Remote Keyless Entry - Opens all Windows

2011_SRX
12-26-10, 06:26 PM
On my 2011 SRX, if I hold the "unlock" button on the Remote Keyless Entry down for about five or six seconds, all of the door windows roll down. I cannot find any reference to this feature in the Owners Manual. The only reason I tried this was my friend demonstrated this feature on his Lincoln. Has anyone tried this?

stevec5375
12-26-10, 06:31 PM
On my 2011 SRX, if I hold the "unlock" button on the Remote Keyless Entry down for about five or six seconds, all of the door windows roll down. I cannot find any reference to this feature in the Owners Manual. The only reason I tried this was my friend demonstrated this feature on his Lincoln. Has anyone tried this?

Page 1-25

Opening the Windows From
Outside the Vehicle
The vehicle may have remote
operating windows that can be
opened from outside the vehicle by
pressing and holding the unlock
button on the Keyless Access
Transmitter to open all the windows.

Marc NY
12-26-10, 07:59 PM
On my 2011 SRX, if I hold the "unlock" button on the Remote Keyless Entry down for about five or six seconds, all of the door windows roll down. I cannot find any reference to this feature in the Owners Manual. The only reason I tried this was my friend demonstrated this feature on his Lincoln. Has anyone tried this?Nice to know this... however I won't being trying out that feature until spring time... :salute:

Smokin' SRX
12-27-10, 11:42 PM
Yup! my 2010 does it too. Cool. Love the tech.

SS

sube5186
12-28-10, 08:09 AM
Nice feature, but not exactly new. I had this on another vehicle I owned......a '97.

Sube

2011_SRX
12-28-10, 10:44 PM
Page 1-25

Opening the Windows From
Outside the Vehicle
The vehicle may have remote
operating windows that can be
opened from outside the vehicle by
pressing and holding the unlock
button on the Keyless Access
Transmitter to open all the windows.

Something I find interesting, would a Base model have a different Owners Manual than the Premium model? Strange as it is, the 2011 SRX Owners Manual in my "Base" model does not contain the above statement on Page 1-25. I spent time reading the entire manual today and honestly I cannot find any reference to "Opening the Windows From Outside the Vehicle". The bar code on the rear cover of my Owners Manual is 20784402A - Out of curiosity, stevec5375, does your Owners Manual show a different bar code number? Page 1-25 in my manual references the "Engine Oil Life System", "Fuel" and "Driving for Better Economy". I am not doubting, I am just curious if different versions of the 2011 Owners Manual are distributed depending on the model.

stevec5375
12-29-10, 07:37 AM
Something I find interesting, would a Base model have a different Owners Manual than the Premium model? Strange as it is, the 2011 SRX Owners Manual in my "Base" model does not contain the above statement on Page 1-25. I spent time reading the entire manual today and honestly I cannot find any reference to "Opening the Windows From Outside the Vehicle". The bar code on the rear cover of my Owners Manual is 20784402A - Out of curiosity, stevec5375, does your Owners Manual show a different bar code number? Page 1-25 in my manual references the "Engine Oil Life System", "Fuel" and "Driving for Better Economy". I am not doubting, I am just curious if different versions of the 2011 Owners Manual are distributed depending on the model.

I am using an online version of the manual that is a PDF file. It makes it much easier to search for things. On page iii of this manual there is Part No. 25823383 A First Printing. I see no bar code anywhere.

If you want to use an online version of the manual, go here: http://www.cadillac.com/manuals/

It appears the information on Page 1-25 of my version of the online manual has been removed in later versions. One has to wonder why there isn't a section in the manual that is devoted to just the controls on the remote.

2011_SRX
12-29-10, 09:55 AM
The barcode is printed on the rear cover of the manual and the online pdf omits the book cover. I downloaded the pdf you referenced this morning and on page iii that Part No. is the same as the barcode number on my printed manual. Seems GM revised that online copy you have even though your copy has the "window" information. The SRX has so many useful features it appears even GM has difficulty documenting every feature. This forum is so helpful. The good members keep track of all these details and provide helpful insight. Thank you stevec5375, for helping me sort this out.