: 98 Cat missing vacuum line?

justineaves
12-26-10, 03:40 PM
on my cat i have a vacuum leak where the 3rd hose (from left to right of looking at engine bay) is cracked, and and the 2nd hose is leading to apparantly nothing? can someone please tell me where these 4 hoses lead to? i see the first and fourth hoses lead a few inches to a connector but the other 2 im not sure of. the 2nd hose is the one i need the most help with. thanks guys

justineaves
12-26-10, 03:55 PM
EDIT: the hoses are on top of the intake manifold connecting to the crankcase breather?

mikeecharles
01-02-11, 07:57 AM
This may help you out. Go to compnine.com. Click on Diagrams, then enter make, year, model information. Scroll down to see the fuel system/exhaust/emission system. Click on the diagram and it will bring up more diagrams. Scroll down till you see the parts you are checking on. It does not show where to attach a vacuum line from point a to point b, but it show good information, if you don't already have it. You can click again and it will number each part and down below it will give the name of the part and a price. Do not order from the site, $$$. This has helped me in the past, it may help you as well.