: Windows Tints for 2006 STS

Frikiton
12-26-10, 07:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160502172683&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I found this, what do guys think?
It says for 2010 , I wonder if it will work on a 2006 ?

malatu
12-26-10, 10:30 AM
It might, but why chance it. Yuu might want to consider emailing the seller and ask if they have it for your 2006.

Frikiton
12-26-10, 11:57 AM
It might, but why chance it. Yuu might want to consider emailing the seller and ask if they have it for your 2006.

Yea I asked the seller, hoping to get a Yes answer but guess is taking sometime since its holidays.

I was wondering why is it so cheap though?

ford97suv
12-26-10, 12:51 PM
I agree with malatu, why chance it. I paid 140 to get mine done with a lifetime warranty.

turnerbend
12-26-10, 01:11 PM
If you go into car menu on sellers' page, you will see you can order for any car for that price..

caddyfat2
12-26-10, 02:42 PM
I see the seller has a plotter so does my son and looking thru his catalog I believe the 05 thru 11 are all the same pattern.

Frikiton
12-26-10, 03:10 PM
Yes good catch, I found the one for 2006 .. I wonder how good are these compared to taking the car to a professional and have it done by them?

txbest1980
12-26-10, 04:17 PM
Yes good catch, I found the one for 2006 .. I wonder how good are these compared to taking the car to a professional and have it done by them?

if you get these, let us know the outcome with some pics...

Frikiton
12-26-10, 04:20 PM
if you get these, let us know the outcome with some pics...

I'm debating if I should buy this and probably install it myself.. or buy it and have a pro do it for me? or just go directly to the shop and pay $100 for them to do everything .. dont know

sba300
12-30-10, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't trust myself to put tints on properly. I'll probably screw up the alignment a little bit. And then I'll get mad at myself, rip it off, and take it to a pro to get it done. Knowing this, I had mine done professionally. But that's me...

caddyfat2
12-30-10, 01:15 AM
I'm debating if I should buy this and probably install it myself.. or buy it and have a pro do it for me? or just go directly to the shop and pay $100 for them to do everything .. dont know

if you find tint for $100 please walk away.

txbest1980
12-30-10, 01:10 PM
if you find tint for $100 please walk away.

thats not always a true statement...i think it depends on location...here in Tucson AZ, i can get a professional tint job done on the whole car with lifetime warranty for $100 to $120 and that is for every window including the windshield

but now when i lived in FL and NC, they tend to charge almost double that for the same thing. parts of TX charge about the same $100 to $120 price as well...

caddyfat2
12-30-10, 01:54 PM
Yeah in the Tampa area $100 bucks is a cheap job. Lets just say you won't get any professional job nor performance film for that price. BTW Happy New Year.

Frikiton
12-30-10, 03:13 PM
What type of film should I look for and which one do I need to avoid?

sba300
12-30-10, 03:45 PM
I just looked on yelp.com, found a reputable tinting shop near my place and went to him. When I pulled into his shop, he was working on a 360 modena and an m5. In any case, he put in 3M tints on my car. I'm not exactly what type of tint, but I got 35% all around. Looks and feels great. My policy when it comes to getting things for my car: You get what you pay for. I paid 300 bucks to get 5 windows tinted. Didn't touch the windscreen. I hope this helps.

SlickCityStan
12-30-10, 03:58 PM
definitely recommend have a pro install your tint. I found a mobile installer did an excellent job cost about $200

Frikiton
01-19-11, 11:10 AM
I took it to a pro i got 35% all around Gonna upload pics soon

Midnight
01-19-11, 01:33 PM
Recently got mine tinted too.. 35%. Just the right balance between dark, being able to still see, and not attracting police as I imagine a lot of the "limo tinted" cars around here must.

Also, the black windows kind of blend with the black B pillar, and the car looks a lot more uniform and streamlined, even a little "smaller", but in a good way.

I'll take some new pics soon as there's not winter crap all over it tho hehe.

I took it to a local, but well known around here shop, and it was about $250. I've tinted windows myself in the past and believe me, if you're a perfectionist, it's a frustrating job, especially for curved windows or windows that are hard to access, like our back glass.

I got non-metalized tint which supposedly is better about not blocking radio signals compared to some of the cheaper tints that have metal inside. I use my phone to stream music most of the time I'm in the car. And I know a lot of the antennas are on top, but some of them are in the back glass or who knows where.

8323matt
01-20-11, 02:15 AM
That tint your talking about will work, they are the same body style. I paid 330 dollars to have mine done. You learn by doing. I tried tinting it myself but that back window was a pain in the a**. The company said that was one of the hardest cars they have done (it took them 10 hours and lots of tint)

Frikiton
01-20-11, 05:41 AM
I noticed now after the tint my windows are not closing with just 1 press of a button like before, they do open all the way with 1 press.
Something was changed?

SlickCityStan
01-20-11, 01:55 PM
I didn't have that problem after my windows were tinted. Unless the tint installers removed the inner door panel(for some unknown reason) it might just be a coincendence. Sounds like a switch problem.

SlickCityStan
01-20-11, 02:10 PM
Also check your manual for reprogramming the express-up feature it can be de-activated if the battery is disconnected or recharged. Programming the Power Windows
If the battery on your vehicle has been recharged,
disconnected or is not working, you will need to
reprogram each window for the express-up feature
to work.
To program each window, follow these steps:
1. With the ignition in ACC or ON, or while RAP is
active, close all doors.
2. Press and hold the power window switch until the
window has fully opened.
3. Continue holding the switch for approximately
two seconds.
4. Pull up the power window switch until the window is