: HELP; theres nothing more annoying

wcryan
12-26-10, 01:06 AM
this only happens from like 60-70MPH. I get wheel shake in my steering wheel around that speed. Ive had my wheel and tires balanced, and force balanced, and they checked to see if I needed hub centric rings and they said no. I have CCW sp600's 245-40-19 F 275-35-19R Dunlop SP Sport maxx. My front tires are getting pretty low. I'd say 35-40%, and I think they were also both patched before. (They were free that's why I put them on). Before I throw anymore money into anything else, i was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem, and if there is a fix or if they have fixed this problem. It's very very annoying, especialy on the freeway. Also, it's a 2007 V
Thanks,
Ryan

branland
12-26-10, 02:05 AM
I have the same problem. It was really bad until I changed my tires from the Goodyear GS-2 to the Michelin Pilots. But it is still there. It seems to be less pronounced after the tire pressures come up.

wcryan
12-26-10, 02:59 AM
yeah, when my tires warm up it goes away a little, but I hope there is a complete fix

rand49er
12-26-10, 06:47 AM
Even though they're balanced, could it be they're out of round?

branland
12-26-10, 07:59 AM
I even tried to have mine load spin balanced when I had the Goodyears on the car. They said the tire was unbalanced and there was nothing they could do.

Stepside
12-26-10, 10:35 AM
How many wheel weights are on any specific wheel?
To many weights and it's time to break the bead & rotate the tire on the rim and rebalance . .
. . or time for 'new & improved' tires.

wcryan
12-26-10, 04:55 PM
I guess I'll justnhave to buy new tires since I'm going to have to soon here anyways. I really hope that fixes the problem. Anyone have any recommendations on tires for my car? I drive it 1-2 times a week and want a really good street performance tire. I don't track it but I do drive it hard on the street. And I'm in Ca so it doesn't rain much. So all seasons are not needed
Thankd

branland
01-11-11, 08:58 AM
I put on my second set of rims with the tires I use to race the car on before I drove up to Willow. The vibration was gone. Seems to be a combination of the tire and the rim.

wcryan
01-12-11, 04:44 AM
problem solved with new tires : O; whatya know