: Considering Purchasing a 2006 or 07 DTS w/ Navigation vs. 2004 DTS -- Differences?

caddymark
12-24-10, 11:53 AM
Just dropped in on the world of the DTS when a friend purchased one last year. The car is beautiful and very functional. I am looking at two models -- both Raven Black with navigation. One is an 04 and the other an 06. The mileage is about the same but price is about 8K difference. Is there an advantage to the 06? I like the styling of both models. Thanks for your advice!

diggerdog
12-24-10, 05:06 PM
Just dropped in on the world of the DTS when a friend purchased one last year. The car is beautiful and very functional. I am looking at two models -- both Raven Black with navigation. One is an 04 and the other an 06. The mileage is about the same but price is about 8K difference. Is there an advantage to the 06? I like the styling of both models. Thanks for your advice!

Mark, You will be happy with whatever one you choose. Just enjoy! MERRY CHRISTMAS

ken615
12-24-10, 05:10 PM
You didn't state the mileage of the cars that you're considering.

One thing you might consider: the 07 DTS was picked by J.D. Powers as the most reliable large luxury car. Yep, beat all the other luxury brands...even mighty Lexus. Given that the 2 cars are in approximately the same condition, I would lean toward the newer car. Also, if the mileage on the 07 isn't completely out of the norm, it should have some factory warranty left on it. Always a good thing and, if you find problems after you purchase the car, Cadillac will fix them.

Superjim
12-24-10, 06:52 PM
As Ken said..the '07 is very reliable and "MIGHT" have some warranty left on it.
I have a 2006 with 93,000 on it and I have had -0- issues with the drive train.

Have you driven both of the cars?
Is the '04 a DTS or a DeVille....
There is a BIG difference between a DeVille and a DTS.

On the '06 and newer cars...there is also a BIG difference between a VIN "Y" car and a VIN "9" car.

The "Y" and "9" I am referring to is the 8th digit of the VIN number.
A VIN "9" car has Magnetic Ride, a different final drive ratio, bigger wheels and tires and will handle much better than a VIN "Y" car.

I don't know your driving style...but just thought I would mention that ... just in case that is important to you.

Texas Jim

HartfordGuy
12-24-10, 11:18 PM
Go for the newer car. The 2006 + up DTS is an improved car over the previous 2000-2005 Devilles.

Two of my friends with 2001 and 2003 Devilles just bought 2007 DTSs. They both say it is a big improvement. The like the newer crisp lines on them too.