: Annoying

jcarlilesiu
12-24-10, 11:52 AM
This underlying fight going on by some people is annoying.

Some people wanting to drop little comments complaining about the car in every post regardless if its warranted or not is simply immature. Say your piece and handle it like an adult.

Other people, wishing to call these people names in every thead, dismissing anybody that has issues or concerns is equally annoying.

More so, people pawning off problems to buying GM or saying that they will never buy another domestic car agian are simply bloviating.

I had a first generation BMW before buying the SRX, and it wsa no exception to problems. People trying to proclaim that foreign cars, especially luxury vehicles, don't have any problems and thus it is unacceptable for the SRX to have problems are just plain old full of it.

I am simply asking everybody to grow up.

Merry Christmas all.

jcapps
12-24-10, 03:48 PM
I always loved Cadillac. MY SRX has been in the shop 5x in 6 months. I no longer love Cadillac. Would I buy foreign, no. But I most likely will never buy a Cadillac again.

While nothing major has been wrong with the SRX I am a businessman and just do not have the time to keep bringing the car in, coordinating rides to and from the dealership. I have owned many new GM cars the last 20 years and have never had issues like this before.

Do I or others have a right to our opinions? Yes we do. It is our money that purchased these vehicles, not yours. If someone is pissed or upset, they have a right to be. There will always be some you cannot satisfy or are just looking to complain. But I for one will not judge another when it comes to vehicle issues.

Ponyman
12-24-10, 04:50 PM
If you have a good dealer, you are much more likely to be satisfied with your car. Our dealer will pick up and deliver the car. It also gets washed everytime it goes in for some minor service. Tech advisor will also call during the day to let me know how the service is going and when the car will be ready. Some problems dealers can't solve without the help of GM. Many problems they can if they are willing. There are many people who you cannot satisfy, and unfortunately they tend to gravitate to these boards, foreign vehicles included just to hear themselves rant. Those that have serious issues have a right to be pissed, especially if they are not getting the problems solved. Chrome strips and such are minor. Get a life.

jcapps
12-24-10, 05:16 PM
"Those that have serious issues have a right to be pissed, especially if they are not getting the problems solved. Chrome strips and such are minor. Get a life"

So, for clarity, you think that having to return to the dealership 5x in six months is acceptable as long as it is not for a major issue? What constitutes major for you? How about to date that the dealer hasd been able to find/fix or refuses to find/fix an issue? Does the sound system sounding poorly constitute a major or a minor to you? To me, its a major, I picked this vehicle based on past Cadillacs and I am disappointed. I am tired of dealing with it, so I gave up trying to get it fixed.
The thing is that I and others actually have a life. We do not live for the opportunity to bring our cars into the dealer for issues. I would have bought a used car with 100k miles if I wanted to spend my days being less productive going to and fro the dealership.

Makes one wonder what some folks will put up with

Marc NY
12-24-10, 06:26 PM
For the record I am an Administrator on another vehicle website and the ones that complain, gripe, moan, belittle vehicle companies the most are those that are very upset (rightfully so) when they have problems or issues that don't get resolved the first time in. I believe if dealerships can fix their problem(s) on the first visit 99% of all of those disgruntled customers would be very understanding and happy that it was taken care of right the first time. When the dealerships can't find their problems or can't fix their problems frustrates them to no end. Without a site like this one where are they to go to get help?

IMO: The owners/members who get great service will rarely post how "wonderful" they were treated. Auto forums like these are great way to be able to share all our experiences (good & bad) so we all can be better prepared or more educated to help out the dealers who may not have a clue as to what is really wrong.

I am here to say I am very pleased with the only two times in one year that I brought my SRX in for service. Once for the chrome trim that fell off (next to the mirror) which BTW: both were a vendor issue and not GM's fault.

All we have to do is look at Toyota who had way more recalls this year than any of our own domestic car companies combined and who was fined big time for delaying safety recalls and for hiding and or lying to the US Government! This in my opinion shows us all that NO one auto company is immune to recalls, or bad vendor parts.

FYI: I AM A VERY HAPPY CADILLAC CUSTOMER! :thumbsup:

I hope everyone has a great holiday season!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/ChristmasSRXLOOPA.gif

Ponyman
12-24-10, 06:49 PM
Major for me is when the motor in my 08 CTS crapped out at less than 1500 miles. This was under the old GM, but with the help of my excellent service manager, all was resolved to my satisfaction, completely new motor, one monthly payment made, and free oil changes for two years. Chrome strips are minor, but I can see your warped reasoning that because of them that all Cadillacs and ALL GM cars are bad. You need to go buy that car you percieve as quality, and then let us know the forum you go to complain. There will be just as many whiners on that forum as there are on this one.

stevec5375
12-24-10, 07:28 PM
Have you ever noticed how some people are always posting their 2 cents and talking bad or down to people yet they NEVER post anything useful for the group about the SRX. They never answer technical queries from other users. This negative name calling, of course, is a violation of one of the terms of service since it discourages other people from feeling free to post their ideas or thoughts for fear of being verbally abused. I think it is a good idea to occasionally take it upon yourself to read the rules of this board and apply them. If people don't like something about their car they have right to say so without vitriolic reprisals from others.

doctormstein1
12-24-10, 07:29 PM
What bugs me the most in servicing is the fact that if they can't reproduce the problem, they assume their is no problem. I have had my car in for service 3 times in 6 months for different things Every time I tell them of my seat lack of memory or not working properly. This problem occurs every few days when my seat doesn't go back to the proper position. They can't reproduce this problem when I bring in the car therefore nothing can be done. I am 64 years old and don't lie about this problem yet they refuse any repair. Does Cadillac assume you are lying. This car was very expensive so why do I have to put up with this. People who bring back a car over and over with the same problem, something should be done. Cadillac should reevaluate as to why people are annoyed.

stevec5375
12-24-10, 07:37 PM
What bugs me the most in servicing is the fact that if they can't reproduce the problem, they assume their is no problem. I have had my car in for service 3 times in 6 months for different things Every time I tell them of my seat lack of memory or not working properly. This problem occurs every few days when my seat doesn't go back to the proper position. They can't reproduce this problem when I bring in the car therefore nothing can be done. I am 64 years old and don't lie about this problem yet they refuse any repair. Does Cadillac assume you are lying. This car was very expensive so why do I have to put up with this. People who bring back a car over and over with the same problem, something should be done. Cadillac should reevaluate as to why people are annoyed.

The seat memory problem has been mentioned in other threads. Some people had to have their seat memory module replaced while it was a software module reflashing that fixed it for others. If the dealer won't give you satisfaction, I would go to another dealer if one is available. Barring that, I would contact Cadillac customer service and get them to light a fire.

Ponyman
12-24-10, 07:44 PM
I can see that the troll is posting but thankfully I can't hear him.

jcapps
12-24-10, 08:01 PM
Major for me is when the motor in my 08 CTS crapped out at less than 1500 miles. This was under the old GM, but with the help of my excellent service manager, all was resolved to my satisfaction, completely new motor, one monthly payment made, and free oil changes for two years. Chrome strips are minor,
but I can see your warped reasoning that because of them that all Cadillacs and ALL GM cars are bad. You need to go buy that car you percieve as quality, and then let us know the forum you go to complain There will be just as many whiners on that forum as there are on this one.

Can you please quote me and show where I claimed all Cadillacs and all GM vehicles are bad.

You can go look on the Corvette forum and see if I slammed GM or for that matter any forum and see if I slammed GM in any one post. I use the same name on the auto forums. I have never slammed a gm vehicle or GM, on the contrary I am a stickler for buying American made vehicles, GM for that matter

I love someone that wants to dictate what my tolerance level should be when I spent my money on this vehicle. Or some internet loser who wants to claim I said things that I did not.

Now I see why you block others posts, you cannot tolerate someone having an opinion that differs from yours

sube5186
12-24-10, 08:01 PM
What bugs me the most in servicing is the fact that if they can't reproduce the problem, they assume their is no problem. I have had my car in for service 3 times in 6 months for different things Every time I tell them of my seat lack of memory or not working properly. This problem occurs every few days when my seat doesn't go back to the proper position. They can't reproduce this problem when I bring in the car therefore nothing can be done.

This is a known issue documented in GM's own Technical Service Bulletin (below). Therefore, it is not necessary for your dealer to actually witness the defect. If they insist on seeing the problem before they address it, they're incompetent or just being plain old lazy. If they don't believe you, then in essence they are calling you a liar. I had the exact same problem. First, they reprogrammed the seat memory module. When that didn't work, they replaced the module. I'd initially explained to them that it took several days to lose memory. Both times they took my work for it and made the repairs without haggling. The problem here is with your specific dealer.

2010-2011

LaCrosse, SRX -- Remote memory seat recall intermittent operation or inoperative

Replace the driver's seat adjuster memory module and reprogram the module

Bulletin no. PI0187A

Sube

Ponyman
12-24-10, 08:38 PM
I appoligize profusely jcapps. It wasn't you that slammed all GM carts. I get the whiners confused. You are right and everyone else is wrong. This should satisfy you. For your information, the only user I have blocked is Steve. Go read all his posts, and you can see that I blocked him because he never has anything useful to say and criticizes everything and because of his attacks on GM Jim.

jcapps
12-24-10, 08:46 PM
I appoligize profusely jcapps. It wasn't you that slammed all GM carts. I get the whiners confused. You are right and everyone else is wrong. This should satisfy you. For your information, the only user I have blocked is Steve. Go read all his posts, and you can see that I blocked him because he never has anything useful to say and criticizes everything and because of his attacks on GM Jim.

Again a half assed apology, like I said, typical internet loser

Ponyman
12-24-10, 09:10 PM
You know you are right again, it takes one to know one. Merry Christmas

jcapps
12-25-10, 07:28 PM
Looks like the pos has to go in the shop.....again. Check engine light on again, just got out of the shop 10 days ago for this. SRX = POS

Ponyman
12-25-10, 09:21 PM
Just returned from the trip to the in-laws. Brother in law has a 10 performance model. He recently took it in for an oil change and told them he had issues with the seats returning to position, and a problem with his parking sensors. They replaced the seat module, and that fixed the seat problem. A re-flash of the software cured his parking sensor problem. He said he also got a free wash while it was there. They picked up and delivered the car to him. Guess this proves good things happen to good people, while bad things happen to others. I haven't had either of these problems with our SRX. It performed perfectly on the 250 mile trip we went on today. Got 26.4 mpg. Again perfectly satisfied with a GREAT car.

jcapps
12-25-10, 09:43 PM
Nah just proves a- he did not get stuck with a pos and b - he has better dealer service and c - he has nothing better to do then spend time dealing with the pos. I prefer to make money

Ponyman
12-25-10, 10:09 PM
Actually he didn't have to deal with anything. They picked it up and delivered it. No hassle. He obviously does have a better dealer. Good things happen to good people and bad things to bad. Hope you make enough money to cover the licking you are taking on your SRX

Rolex
12-25-10, 10:31 PM
I get the final word.

:closed: