: Motor Mount Question

09-23-04, 04:03 PM
I just recently replaced my torque struts on my 98 Concours. I noticed that after I replaced them that when I have to hood up and the car in drive, I give it some gas and the motor raises up a bit. How is the motor mount made, can it seperate or "break" so to speak, and I was wondering how do you test the motor mount, and is it designed to allow the motor to do that. Thanks in advance!!!

Daniel Almestica
09-23-04, 04:30 PM
writing to if you or anyone els can help me.mech said i need to replace the motor mount but from what I read here i thenk it the torque struts. they are up in front of the eng one on the left and one on the rightthe rubber is all most gone and you can move the arm up and down. I don't think you could do that if it was the motor mounts. so what tdo you guys think it is (motor mount or torque struts )thanks for your help.

09-23-04, 07:21 PM
I may be wrong but the mounts on either side of the radiator at the front of the engine are the dogbone mounts. The ones to the rear next to the firewall on both sides are the top strut mounts or torgue mounts. Do a search; there are some posts about this and also on caddyinfo’s site. Like I said I may be wrong. Hope this helps.

09-23-04, 10:21 PM
The "dogbones" on either side of the radiator are call torque struts. There is a bit of play in them and the engine will move a little when torque is applied. If the rubber insulator is "almost gone" they probably need replacement.