: help ewill

kwen42
12-23-10, 05:39 PM
hi trying to get ahold of ewill urgently and havent been on long enough apparently to send pm's( ps is that a time limit or what?) i have a 2007 cadillac cts 2.8l on it the car is working and running great in normal automatic however when i shift it over to the tiptronic side my light will appear on my dash saying the car is ready for sport mode however when moving the shifter up or down (+/-) nothing happens and it stays in automatic this just recently started happening and it used to work fine and i loved it and would like to fix the problem asap could this be a fuse or is there anything i can do?

CadzillaTN
12-23-10, 11:30 PM
Sweet mother is that all one sentence?

whisler151
12-24-10, 12:01 AM
Am I in the right forum?

ewill3rd
12-24-10, 09:11 AM
Has anyone checked the codes kwen?
I haven't had any issues with that feature.
What does it show on the display when you push the shifter?

AAIIIC
12-24-10, 10:13 AM
Am I in the right forum?
Yes, this is now the Stream of Conciousness Forum for Non-CTS-V Owners.

RoverGuy7
12-24-10, 11:55 AM
you need to get it checked out as it could be several different things causing your problem. not sure on your 07, but on most cars, its usually the 'tip' switch that fails, which is usually built into the shift surround itself. get it checked out before you throw parts at it

calidave
12-24-10, 04:59 PM
Man, the only reason I bothered to read this thread was because I thought one of our favorite folks was in some trouble. Glad he's not, but punctuation is important (and so is posting in the right forum).

ewill3rd
12-26-10, 09:50 PM
:lol:
I'll tell you, I could use some help, lots of crazy stuff going on in my personal life. I actually have to move next weekend.
But that is another topic.

calidave
12-26-10, 10:02 PM
I'll tell you, I could use some help, lots of crazy stuff going on in my personal life. I actually have to move next weekend.

Same here -- moving soon as well. Hope yours goes smoothly!

Black Sunshine
12-27-10, 02:48 PM

And you still have time for us. We appreciate it.

BTW, wouldn't happen to know the size of the bulbs used as backlighting behind the center dash console, wouldja, budro?

ewill3rd
12-28-10, 09:04 AM
Most modern backlights are surface soldered bulb sets and aren't readily serviceable.
Are you talking about inside a component?

I try to get in here but I'll be honest I have been pretty busy lately. Close to overwhelmed.
Long story.

Baltimore07V
12-31-10, 11:20 AM
Most modern backlights are surface soldered bulb sets and aren't readily serviceable.
Are you talking about inside a component?

I try to get in here but I'll be honest I have been pretty busy lately. Close to overwhelmed.
Long story.

Sorry to hear things are still difficult, but hopefully it will all come to a head and be resolved soon.