: IS THIS A SAFE WHEEL CLEANER FOR OUR DTS's ??

SHOWGIRL
12-23-10, 12:16 PM
Hello - we have the 2010 DTS ''premium' with (brochure's words) ''chrome tech' wheels (whatever 'that' means- LOL)
There is a relatively new 'quick detailer' product from Meguiars, for wheels - that requires no rinsing-off (spray on -wipe off) ... means).
I've used Meguiars 'quick detailer for the body of the car -it's great - spray on-wipe off (inbetween washes, etc). Seems this new wheel product offers same 'convenience' but i wanted to make certain it was 'safe' for them. Thanking you in advance for any input =''showgirl''
Here is the write-up:
-------------------------------------
Quik Wheel Detailer® Mist & Wipe
Item # G14616
$6.99
Meguiar’s® Quik Wheel Detailer® is the fastest way to quickly clean and shine your wheels without soap and water! Removes light brake dust and other road contaminants before they have a chance to cling to your wheel surface. This safe, high lubricity formula lifts off dirt and grime without scratching and build-up. And unlike traditional wheel cleaners, Quik Wheel Detailer is a waterless cleaner that eliminates the hassle of dragging out the water hose in between washes.

Superjim
12-23-10, 01:52 PM
Hello - we have the 2010 DTS ''premium' with (brochure's words) ''chrome tech' wheels (whatever 'that' means- LOL)
There is a relatively new 'quick detailer' product from Meguiars, for wheels - that requires no rinsing-off (spray on -wipe off) ... means).
I've used Meguiars 'quick detailer for the body of the car -it's great - spray on-wipe off (inbetween washes, etc). Seems this new wheel product offers same 'convenience' but i wanted to make certain it was 'safe' for them. Thanking you in advance for any input =''showgirl''
Here is the write-up:
-------------------------------------
Quik Wheel Detailer® Mist & Wipe
Item # G14616
$6.99
Meguiar’s® Quik Wheel Detailer® is the fastest way to quickly clean and shine your wheels without soap and water! Removes light brake dust and other road contaminants before they have a chance to cling to your wheel surface. This safe, high lubricity formula lifts off dirt and grime without scratching and build-up. And unlike traditional wheel cleaners, Quik Wheel Detailer is a waterless cleaner that eliminates the hassle of dragging out the water hose in between washes.

Mequires makes really good stuff.
Based on the product description...I would have no problem using it on my Chrome wheels...
In fact I think I will pick up a bottle the next time I am at the auto parts place.

I usually use Windex and "SOFT" paper towels...(not the cheap kind) to clean my Chrome wheels.

Texas Jim

c5 rv
12-23-10, 07:10 PM
I use the same car wash and wax / polish on my wheels as I use on the rest of the car. Careful use of a spray-on wheel cleaner is useful if you buy a car with neglected wheels.

SHOWGIRL
12-24-10, 04:06 PM
Mequires makes really good stuff.
Based on the product description...I would have no problem using it on my Chrome wheels...
In fact I think I will pick up a bottle the next time I am at the auto parts place.

I usually use Windex and "SOFT" paper towels...(not the cheap kind) to clean my Chrome wheels.
Texas Jim
=============
Hi!! thanks so much for your reply ... if i didn't mention this it could be too 'new' to be on the shelves - you can get it on line at their website...stopped at local car supply store -not there yet ...
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year !!! :cool:

SHOWGIRL
12-24-10, 04:09 PM
I use the same car wash and wax / polish on my wheels as I use on the rest of the car. Careful use of a spray-on wheel cleaner is useful if you buy a car with neglected wheels.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hi - our wheels seem in great condition...in fact one was recently replaced so that one is 'new' ... and the car has only been in-service since May, '10. But is it necessary to 'polish' chrome wheels ? i thought a 'cleaner' was enough to give it back the 'shine' .... happy holidays and thanks for replying !!!

Superjim
12-24-10, 05:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------
Hi - our wheels seem in great condition...in fact one was recently replaced so that one is 'new' ... and the car has only been in-service since May, '10. But is it necessary to 'polish' chrome wheels ? i thought a 'cleaner' was enough to give it back the 'shine' .... happy holidays and thanks for replying !!!

In "MY OPINION"...if you took the trouble to clean them really well and waxed them a couple of times a year...it would make them easier to clean at other times.
Dirt and grime and brake dust would not stick to the waxed wheel near as bad as it would to a wheel that was "NOT" waxed.

Most of the time, you could just rinse them off and wipe them dry with your preferred type of towel and that's all they would need.

Just my opinion...for whatever "THAT'S" worth... :) :)

Jim

SHOWGIRL
12-24-10, 06:14 PM
In "MY OPINION"...if you took the trouble to clean them really well and waxed them a couple of times a year...it would make them easier to clean at other times.
Dirt and grime and brake dust would not stick to the waxed wheel near as bad as it would to a wheel that was "NOT" waxed.

Most of the time, you could just rinse them off and wipe them dry with your preferred type of towel and that's all they would need.

Just my opinion...for whatever "THAT'S" worth... :) :)
Jim
---------------------------
Hi Jim!! your 'opinion' is very much appreciated but i'm the one who 'obscesses' over the appearance -not my husband! :bigroll: Anyway i'm too new at caring for wheels - when you refer to 'wax', is there a 'wax' made for chrome wheels ? they are high gloss that come with the '10 performance level DTS ..called ''chrome tech'' (?)... sorry for being so 'dense' - :confused: thanks again ! S.G. (hopefully Meguairs has such a product ?)

Superjim
12-24-10, 06:31 PM
---------------------------
Hi Jim!! your 'opinion' is very much appreciated but i'm the one who 'obscesses' over the appearance -not my husband! :bigroll: Anyway i'm too new at caring for wheels - when you refer to 'wax', is there a 'wax' made for chrome wheels ? they are high gloss that come with the '10 performance level DTS ..called ''chrome tech'' (?)... sorry for being so 'dense' - :confused: thanks again ! S.G. (hopefully Meguairs has such a product ?)

I am not really sure if they make a special wax for chrome wheels...they probably do. :)

The few times I have waxed mine...I just used the same wax I use for the car.
I do not know if that is recommended or not...but I have did it that way for 25 years or so and haven't had any of my chrome fall off...at least not "YET".. :thumbsup:

I would guess that they "DO" make a "SPECIAL" wax for the chrome.
I would also guess, that it is in smaller containers and thus considerably more expensive per ounce...
But the big question is...is it REALLY any different from the car wax?
"THAT" question, I can 't answer.

Jim

SHOWGIRL
12-24-10, 06:57 PM
I am not really sure if they make a special wax for chrome wheels...they probably do. :)

The few times I have waxed mine...I just used the same wax I use for the car.
I do not know if that is recommended or not...but I have did it that way for 25 years or so and haven't had any of my chrome fall off...at least not "YET".. :thumbsup:

I would guess that they "DO" make a "SPECIAL" wax for the chrome.
I would also guess, that it is in smaller containers and thus considerably more expensive per ounce...
But the big question is...is it REALLY any different from the car wax?
"THAT" question, I can 't answer.

Jim
-------------------------
Hi - had a good 'chuckle' over the fact that your wheels ''haven't fallen off .....yet''..... comment --
This is basically my husband's car so i think i'll just take a wet micro-fiber cloth and 'wipe' with some warm water - can't harm them that way -- (until i find out for sure 'what' to use- LOL ).
thanks again !! :yup: SHOWGIRL

c5 rv
12-24-10, 10:12 PM
I'm a Zaino addict and I use a lot of their products - car wash, multiple polishes, accelerant, gloss enhancer, sealant, clay, etc. I suppose there's a 12-step program for this.

www.zainostore.com

SHOWGIRL
12-25-10, 09:41 AM
many thanks for that 'link' ! :)