: 2011 srx

king781
12-23-10, 12:49 PM
What does it mean when I turn off my srx and sometimes it beeps three times real quick? like chirps.

stevec5375
12-23-10, 01:49 PM
What does it mean when I turn off my srx and sometimes it beeps three times real quick? like chirps.

Could it be this? (Just a WAG.)

Delayed Door Lock
When on, this feature will delay the
locking of the doors until
five seconds after the last door is
closed. You will hear three chimes
to signal delayed locking is in use.
Pressing either the power lock
button or the lock button on the RKE
transmitter twice will override the
delayed locking feature and
immediately lock all of the doors.
Press the MENU / SELECT knob
when Delayed Door Lock is
highlighted. Turn the knob to select
On or Off. Press the knob to confirm
and go back to the last menu.

If this is not the case, I recommend you get the online manual and do a search for "chirp". This word appears several times in the text.

TRARON
12-23-10, 03:03 PM
What you are hearing is three quick sounds of your horn indicating that the key fob is still in the vehicle. This has happened to me several times mostly when I am getting gas and the fob is in my pocket in close proximity to the vehicle and it must be detecting (in error) the fob still being in the vehicle. Sometimes this is kind of embarrassing because people look at me like, "why is he blowing his horn at me"......

ickday1
12-23-10, 04:35 PM
Gee ... I always thought it was because the car was happy!

sube5186
12-23-10, 06:17 PM
What you are hearing is three quick sounds of your horn indicating that the key fob is still in the vehicle.

That would be correct. The next time you hear the beeps, look at the DIC. You should see a simultaneous message telling you this. You can turn this off in the Config Menu if you like. I did, as I always leave the remote in the car (in the garage).

Sube