: Anyone had custom leather work done?

CeeFive
12-22-10, 12:23 PM
One of the first things most Corvette owners do (myself included) is to have some of the interior pieces like the console cover recovered in top quality leather with stitching color of your choice.
I have a Shale/Brownstone interior on my 2011 SRX and I would like to have my console cover recovered (Brownstone top/Slate sides) and armrests done in Brownstone leather by someone, but the guys who do Corvettes don't do Caddy's. Anyone know of someone good who does this? If any have done work like this please post pics if you can. Thanks.

TO2FST
12-26-10, 12:55 PM
I'm having the steering wheel done at DS Vettes, and getting rid of the wood trim and having it wrapped in carbon fiber at Vette Candy

TheCaptain
12-26-10, 03:56 PM
Oooh, do post pictures of that, Tofst!

CeeFive
12-26-10, 03:59 PM
I emailed DS Vettes about it but got no response. Maybe I will just call them. I guess that not many here do upgrades to the interior of these the way they do the Vettes. DS Vettes did my last Corvette (Awesome work) and is presently doing some pieces for my ZO6. Leather quality is about 100 times better than OEM. I guess the only challenge for them would be getting a small batch of the Brownstone leather. If I could find that I could have a number of places do it.

TO2FST
12-26-10, 10:32 PM
I've noticed they've been having email issues. I've noticed if I PM them on CF then they respond quite quickly.

As soon as I get my pieces back I will definately post pics up

CeeFive
12-27-10, 11:13 AM
Thanks. I just sent them a PM from the Corvette forum. I'll see what happens. They are already doing six pieces now for my C6 ZO6 I expect to receive soon, black with red stitching to match the rest of the interior.

TO2FST
12-27-10, 12:28 PM
Nice, sounds likes like that Z's interior is coming along :)