Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Winter performance

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
As temperatures are dipping below freezing in PA I notice a few things about the V. It seems like the cold is tightening up some areas and causing new squeaks and creaks, suspension noise seems to have increased a bit, more interior compenents seem to be making their voices heard. Nothing too annoying, and this is far outweighed by the resposiveness and (at least perceived) gains in power from the ice cold air. This thing just cruises now, it seems far more effortless in city driving. 4th gear seems to be much more stout in the cold. It feels quicker with better throttle response. Half of it loves the cold and the other half complains a bit. Feels good though, like it's had a free tune up.

#5 ·
Maggie performs quite well right now :D

#8 ·
Its like a totally different car at 18* than 95* in August. Pulls like a freight train. My coolant temp stays around 208*-212* too.

#6 ·
Colder air is denser air ... true. Denser air means more oxygen which means more power ... true.

BUT, once you attain some threshold speed, that denser air is also more difficult to push through and any gains in the motor are more than offset by the increased aerodynamic drag.

Still, zero to something is definitely quicker.

#9 ·
You should use stiffer poly or solid mounts in the winter with headers if you want to hear creeks and rattles lol. It feels like the car is falling apart with all the noise mine makes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.