: Rim options for 77-92 Broughams

csbuckn
12-21-10, 10:45 PM
I've been looking for some more aggressive rims for my car forever. It seems like there is no decent option for these cars. Does anybody have pics of rims on there car. I was looking at a nice set of 17" Cragar rims with performance tires but I dont know. They are the classic round spoke design and that goes totally against the boxy design of the car. I just cant seem to find anything decent and was wondering if anybody had some pictures of rims on there Brougham or knew of a good rim simulator on the internet.

Stingroo
12-22-10, 08:31 AM
All of the rim simulators are basically the same, and they all suck. Your rim options open up a LOT more if you convert to 5x4.75.

csbuckn
12-25-10, 12:47 PM
So I'm looking at some black staggered rims for my brougham but I don't know how wide I can go, does anybody know how wide we can go or how to measure the available space? The guy says they will have the right bolt pattern and backspacing but I don't know what backspacing I need for a wider tire/rim in the rear. I was thinking 18s up front and 19s/20s in the rear.

pcm
12-28-10, 11:27 PM
i had 20x10 on my 90 brougham and had no problems

csbuckn
12-29-10, 10:10 AM
Thanks. I may go with some 17s. I dont know. This really is the hardest car to find good rims for.

pcm
12-29-10, 05:04 PM
i have 17" rims on mine but they are wire wheels with vogue tires,not aggressive looking at all.to look more aggressive i would go with a 18" or 20" wheel,the lower profile tire will still ride smooth but improve your handling. the biggest rim you can put on these cars are 24" but the tire will be really thin. foose makes some nice looking wheels.