: Home Boy

rand49er
12-21-10, 04:04 PM
Took my wife's SUV to get the oil changed today in lovely downtown South Lyon. Pulled in, and both bays were busy. Darn! BUT, there in the left bay was a Platinum V! License plate I2QUICK. Finally, the guy in the right bay was done, I pulled in, parked, jumped out of my car, and rushed over to talk to the driver. Turns out, he lives here in town. Why I had never seen him before is pure mystery. His car was gorgeous! Clean, really nice wheels, tinted windows and rear tail lenses ... and a supercharged emblem on the side. Sure enough, there was a maggie under the hood. Anyway, told him to get onto this forum and meet up with some of us local guys some time. Hopefully, he'll join up here and chime in.

With my car covered in the garage, this was as exciting as it gets for me now.

Twitch
12-21-10, 04:17 PM
Home "boy"
Sounds like a grown man driving his own car :Poke:

814V
12-21-10, 04:22 PM
I was expecting gangsters, knives and guns.. lol

Glad you met a new "home boy" Rand haha

rand49er
12-21-10, 08:03 PM
I was expecting gangsters, knives and guns ...In lil' ol' South Lyon?!!

Naw, we got problems like most places, but we're pretty much under the radar of serious crime.

I'm just geeked to see another Gen I V in the area. Guy has a Corsa and the Maggie and some tint, but not much else. He wants to do Kooks headers next spring, so this would be a good place to come if he wants to spend some money. Heh heh.

Black Sunshine
12-21-10, 09:24 PM
It's cool ain't it R?

Had a local lawyer here in Moultrie that drove a V when I first bought my car but he parted his aftermarket out (the V's still wearing some of the parts) and traded the car not long afterward. So 1 is the lonliest number again.

thebigjimsho
12-21-10, 11:45 PM
They done spelled Lion wrong...

Lupin
12-22-10, 12:00 AM
I have an evil twin in my area. Another Stealth Gray CTS-V. I saw him once for a split second, but all the time I get called up saying "Hey Matt, were you driving on X and X street a couple minutes ago?" "No. I'm at home." "Oh. Well there's a CTS-V the same colour as yours driving recklessly." Apparently he is perpetually weaving through traffic, driving like an ass. Only time I saw him I was leaving the mall as he was entering.

WesH8398
12-22-10, 04:44 AM
If you see your buddy show up around here, you should suggest he have a close look at the stainless OBX headers that have recently come available at a fraction of the cost of the Kooks. They're only on eBay right now, but worth a look for sure. The "other" forum looks like it's going to have a couple guinea pigs installing very soon and reporting back with fitment, etc.

perfect
12-22-10, 09:06 AM
It's always exciting to run into a new V in your area...even more so when they're an actual enthusiast!

I've met quite a few V's in the Kansas City area just from cruising around (anyone remember Bossplayer?). The best is another platinum V that I would see for months in my apartment complex parking lot. I checked out his car a few times (saw he had headers) but had never actually met the owner. It took about 6 months before we finally cross paths. I've played with a few on the highway...even a few that have signed up on here.

soulja
12-22-10, 12:49 PM
That's great Randy, I dont' see any V's in my area, but I work at the GM Technical Center and V's are a dime a dozen there. Gen 1's and 2's. When I drive my V to work there are at least 4 other V's in the parking lot.

rand49er
12-22-10, 02:50 PM
Dang, soulja, I forgot you were around. (At my age, that's not surprising.) Nice to hear from you. When are you going to meet up with some of us locals? You may see GMBound in his red V occasionally, too. He works at the Tech Center.

I see V2s around occasionally, but for some reason it seems like we're more distant cousins than siblings ... they seem to ignore me in my V1. Oh, well.

I remember Bossplayer on here. Where'd he go?

Still don't see the home boy I met the other day, so maybe he's just too busy to come aboard. He'll never find out about those OBX headers ... unless he's on ls1tech, but he never mentioned that. Oh, well.

Lupin
12-22-10, 04:40 PM
My mechanic drives a V2. He took me for a ride in it the other day when I was getting my LS7 clutch put in. Holy crap. There is a sense of comradeship among Cadillac owners here. I often get thumbs up and nods from other Caddies on the road. Sometimes we make what I call "Battle Squadrons" on the highway. Looks awesome to see a group of Cadillacs fly by.

rand49er
12-22-10, 06:02 PM
... There is a sense of comradeship among Cadillac owners here. ...Blue hairs with a blinker left on?

j/k Must be nice to have such wonderful weather all year long. Here, when I see a V go by, I think it's too bad they have to drive in all this salty slop water/slush on our roads.

WesH8398
12-22-10, 09:29 PM
Blue hairs with a blinker left on?

j/k Must be nice to have such wonderful weather all year long. Here, when I see a V go by, I think it's too bad they have to drive in all this salty slop water/slush on our roads.

I'm that guy.... Ugh. I hate drivin my baby around in the salt and crap, but I don't want to have to deal with a 3rd vehicle, insurance, storage, etc. Plus, with all the traction/stability control plus all the weight the V has and so on, it's more than safe for winter road conditions. I just had it oil sprayed which is gonna make it a mess to work on, but hopefully protect it from the salt.