: Rough idling 3.6? Loud valve noise?

Devil_concours
09-23-04, 08:01 AM
Do any of you have a 3.6 cts with rough idle?
It feels like cars about to stall but it doesn't. I was told that cadillac is working on flash to solve that issue. (My car has rough idles sometimes)

Do any of you hear loud clicking noise from engine bay?
There is supposedly a bulletin board out for it. They will replace the engine cover with little bit more insulator to prevent valve noise leaking through. (Which really doesn't fix the noise issue but only covers it)

Everytime i went out for a testdrive or complained about above issues and few more, i was told that they couldn't duplicate the issue or it's normal but yesterday when i out for a test drive with a different mechanic, cadillac knows about the issues above

The Zip
09-23-04, 02:18 PM
Concours,

Keep pressing to get the issue addressed, what you described does not happen with my car (3.6, 9k miles). How many miles is on yours odometer?

The Zip

Devil_concours
09-23-04, 04:39 PM
Concours,

Keep pressing to get the issue addressed, what you described does not happen with my car (3.6, 9k miles). How many miles is on yours odometer?

The Zip
i have 13000mi on mine but i was told that they had a car with worse rough idle than mine

The Zip
09-23-04, 04:58 PM
So that I can keep my ears to the ground, at what mileage point do you guess the problem first began?

The Zip

Devil_concours
09-23-04, 05:11 PM
So that I can keep my ears to the ground, at what mileage point do you guess the problem first began?

The Zip
i think i noticed both issues pretty early. Rough idle issue doens't happen often but it's very noticeable towards my 2hour drive usually

10secvette
11-23-05, 08:39 PM
no

alayn
03-22-06, 02:59 PM
I just bought a CTS 2004 3.6 with 18K miles...I noticed the rough idling right away...Did you guys resolved your problem.....or there is not work around for this matter.......thanks

Devil_concours
03-31-06, 06:18 PM
i don't know if i just got used to the idle quality or it disappeared. Going from northstar to this and back to northstar maybe the reason why i noticed it.