: Dumb question #13 ...

ickday1
12-19-10, 03:19 PM
... Soon be too cold to wash my SRX (2011). Will be
forced to run it through a (ugh) car wash to remove road salt.

Aside of power folding the two mirrors, does that antenna detach
from the car. If so, is it screwed on, or what? A little help, please.

Hockeytown 1340
12-19-10, 03:31 PM
My car has been through the car wash a dozen times and the antenna is fine. However, it does unscrew if you're worried about it.

GMJim
12-19-10, 05:35 PM
Your antenna will be just fine.

TRMN8R1
12-20-10, 08:49 AM
Just took mine through for the very first time Sunday, was a little nervous, but no probs at all, didn't fold the mirrors in, antenna fine, and guess what? The car looked new again!

algiorda
12-20-10, 09:09 AM
I always unscrew my Antennae. Ounce of prevention....

DON'T forget to check your molding's as they have come off my car during the wash. Thankfully, I was able to have the attendant find it and give it back to me so I could epoxy it back on.

Marc NY
12-21-10, 06:43 PM
... Soon be too cold to wash my SRX (2011). Will be
forced to run it through a (ugh) car wash to remove road salt.

Aside of power folding the two mirrors, does that antenna detach
from the car. If so, is it screwed on, or what? A little help, please.Actually going through today's newer style car washes are actually good for your vehicle. The touch-less options that are now available and the high powered spray nozzles and with under carriage sprays too makes it a great choice for owners especially those that live in the north with lots of salt roads we live with.

We have a Delta-Sonic car wash in my area and I have had very good luck with their service. Like any car wash you need to inspect it after every wash to make sure your car wasn't damaged by someone else's lose part that might have been loosened up and gotten caught up in the wash.

I don't believe you need to worry about your rear antenna but if you feel safer by taking it off then why not? I have unlimited car wash pass and I have been through many many times without a problem.

TRMN8R1
12-21-10, 07:41 PM
Actually going through today's newer style car washes are actually good for your vehicle. The touch-less options that are now available and the high powered spray nozzles and with under carriage sprays too makes it a great choice for owners especially those that live in the north with lots of salt roads we live with.

We have a Delta-Sonic car wash in my area and I have had very good luck with their service. Like any car wash you need to inspect it after every wash to make sure your car wasn't damaged by someone else's lose part that might have been loosened up and gotten caught up in the wash.

I don't believe you need to worry about your rear antenna but if you feel safer by taking it off then why not? I have unlimited car wash pass and I have been through many many times without a problem.

Hm, just where I went through, a Delta Sonic. Just saw your location.....we're in the same area. I don't worry about the antenna, I've taken my Duramax through with no probs, so I'm sure that the antenna will survive!