: 1st day w/ the bigbody... where else would I go?

96bigbody
09-23-04, 01:37 AM
http://www.istop.com/~impala/caddymotel.jpg

Been checking this site for a long time getting info so when I finally found what I was looking for (low mileage white 96 fleet) last week I had to snap it up. This car is even better than I thought it would be and I drove it almost 700 miles that first weekend.

Only 2 complaints...

1- when changing lanes at highway speeds there seems to be a slip in the steering when turning to the right... its like there's a bit of tension as I move the wheel towards the 1:00 spot and then it gives and slips to around the 2:00 spot... any ideas?

2- that I'm apparently an idiot for assuming the garage that holds my 65 Impala would have to be long enough to fit the fleet :banghead:

brougham
09-23-04, 12:01 PM
Nice picture! I like neon signs like that. They look cool :banana:

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

HotRodSaint
09-23-04, 12:27 PM
http://www.istop.com/~impala/caddymotel.jpg

1- when changing lanes at highway speeds there seems to be a slip in the steering when turning to the right... its like there's a bit of tension as I move the wheel towards the 1:00 spot and then it gives and slips to around the 2:00 spot... any ideas?

Cool pic!

Have you checked the power steering fluid? This did it for me.

scurling
09-23-04, 01:23 PM
Hey 96BigBody, we have a Cadilla Hotel down in the Va. area. I never thought of using it for a pic. background. Good idea. Nice photo too.

hlabrada
09-23-04, 02:31 PM
great pic....classic. If your caddy not used for awhile you may have that steering problem......may go away after a week of regular use. Also scan down and you'll see a thread call '93 cadillac steering twitch taht may help you out

FASSTWOOD
09-24-04, 12:18 AM
Congratulations on your purchase. I noticed that steering glitch in my car also. I don't know if I got used to it or it went away. I do know that when my car gets hot the steering gets stiffer though. My pump whines a little but then again my car almost has 350,000 miles... I would say your feeling the variable assist that our cars are equipped with. It supposed to feel stiffer when your driving and softer when parking...

BeelzeBob
09-24-04, 03:15 AM
Yeah, that's the variable assist. Something may need to be cleaned. I posted a topic about it when I first got my FWB last year. If you can find it in a search, there's some good information there...

Otherwise. Congratulations on the car! And welcome aboard!!

96bigbody
09-27-04, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and the tips on the twitch. I should have mentioned earlier for anyone that's curious that pic is in front of the (in)famous Cadillac Motel of Niagara Falls.