Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Supercharger options

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Black Sunshine 
#1 ·
So I have an 04 V LS6 and I am looking into getting a supercharger. I know Magnuson offers the MP112 bolt on kit. I was wondering if they offer the mp 122 as a bolt on kit as well? Also Does anyone offer a TVS2300 kit? I would love to fit that on my car. What about whipple? An options for a "kit"? I will have the money in Jan to make this happen, I already have long tbes and full exhaust CAI and all the mounts, bushings, axles and rear cradle brace needed. I am looking for a "how to" or a "kit" for something bigger than the 112. I would also like input on what cams I should be looking at. I have stock heads and I really dont want to take them off and work them right now. I would just have the Cam installed and but the blower on myself. My fathe has his own shop so I wont be working off my back or anything cause I am spolied with a lift and every tool I can think of. Any input would be great, constructive feed back...

#2 ·
Magnuson, to my knowledge, only offers the MP 112 as a "kit". Any other blowers that have been added are custom. I have a 122HH that has been mounted on the base from a 112 kit. I didn't do the mod though so have no idea what was involved in getting it on. I can tell you though that it fits and clears the stock hood just fine.

#3 ·
Rather than getting into all the custom stuff with specially fabbed brackets and so forth, you could do the MP-112 with a 2.6" drive pulley, an 8" overdrive crank pulley, and an 8-rib pulley arrangement to eliminate slip. Pretty straight forward, actually. You'd probably be looking at in excess of 7 psi boost, maybe as much as 8-9 psi.

#5 ·
The MP-112 isn't perfect; we all know that. But, another advantage is it's reversible.

I love turbocharging. We just haven't seen it in any kind of numbers on Gen I Vs, and there are no "kits" that are readily available and that are proven for our cars. Seems like there's a lot of fabbing with most FI systems other than Magnuson's.

Don't get me wrong ... I love turbocharging.

#6 ·
#8 ·
It was a PM requesting we speak to discuss some headlight mods. Call me tomorrow. 2293191885

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.