: To those who know something about Cutlass Supremes...

hueterm
12-18-10, 03:36 PM
Any idea on what an '83/84 well equipped, white/blue vinyl roof/blue velour, mint condition w/22000 miles could go for on eBay, etc?

It's someone I know's 92 year old mother, and it hasn't been driven in like 5-10 years...

mhamilton
12-18-10, 03:49 PM
The Supreme was a 2dr, right? You might be able to get a fair amount for that car, I'd ballpark $5k, possibly more. The 2 door G-bodies really sell well (or I should say, did sell well a couple years ago when I was into them). What does it have, the Buick 3.8 or a 5.0?

EDIT: forgot they came in 2 and 4 door Supreme trim. Is your friend's 4dr? Unfortunately there is not much of a demand for the 4 door G bodies, maybe $3k if you find the right buyer wanting a mint original. Also hard to say if it hasn't run in 10 years and needs lots of work.

OffThaHorseCEO
12-18-10, 05:01 PM
they say the G-Bodies are "a dime a dozen".

unfortunately youll be lucky to get 4k for it.
My friend bought a mint Regal for 1800 a while back. 35k miles

Jesda
12-18-10, 05:09 PM
I thought G-bodies were appreciating in value again? I've always wanted one.

Stingroo
12-18-10, 07:55 PM
G bodies, especially NICE 2-door ones ARE expensive, and hard to come by unabused. Let's see some pics to better judge.

creeker
12-19-10, 12:33 AM
I've always liked that model, does this one have center consule and buckets ?.

hueterm
12-19-10, 12:38 AM
I've never seen it....a 65 yr old woman bought it and drove it until she was like 89, and it's sat for several years. I would guess a bench, but not sure.

creeker
12-19-10, 12:54 AM
I've never seen it....a 65 yr old woman bought it and drove it until she was like 89, and it's sat for several years. I would guess a bench, but not sure.

I wouldn't consider getting one unless it had center consule and buckets.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-19-10, 12:55 AM
I'd imagine if it's mint, 22,000 mile and a Brougham Coupe, it would go for a mint on eBay and it would sell faaaaaast.

ga_etc
12-19-10, 01:03 AM
It really depends on options, condition, and running condition. Good shape, in proper running order even a base model with that mileage would bring $2,500-$3,000.

gdwriter
12-19-10, 01:03 AM
NADA Guide puts an '84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham at high retail at $4,400. If it's a V8, add 10%. There's not a factor for mileage, but one that low would also command a premium. Sounds like a nice car. When I was in college, it seems like G-bodies were what most people were driving. I had several friends with Cutlasses, Regals, Monte Carlos and Grand Prix.

orconn
12-19-10, 01:11 AM
Back in those early eighties years the GM G body was supplied as company cars to sales forces all over the U.S. I remember several of our friends had Old Cutlass Supremes as their company car and they were also ubiquitous in business parking lots everywhere. In fact I think that it was during those years that Cutlass made OLds GM's best selling brand.

hueterm
12-19-10, 02:01 AM
I think the guy said it was a Brougham Coupe. I loved my '83 GP Brougham. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it had that squirly GM paint where there was a spot on the trunk -- and most of all, you couldn't replace the front corner dash speakers. I had to disconnect them and put two small ones in the center speaker area.

Mine also had a bad headliner due to using the sunroof all the time.

Aron9000
12-19-10, 02:23 AM
The sagging headliner is the curse of all 15+ year old GM vehicles, my Caddy did it too.

I'd say if its MINT, runs great, cold a/c, no issues, its worth somewhere between 4-6k. Now if it were a 442 or Hurst Olds, it would fetch probably double to triple that.

I'm just curious, did Olds ever put a TBI engine into the Cutlass Supreme??? I know Chevy started with TBI in MY 1987 with the trucks.

hueterm
12-19-10, 02:27 AM
The headliner is still perfect on my Concours. I'm like a crazed crackhead when I take it into the detailer that they do NOT vacuum it. Yes, please rip my headliner from the glue that's 15 years old with your Shop-Vac.......

Aron9000
12-19-10, 02:32 AM
The headliner is still perfect on my Concours. I'm like a crazed crackhead when I take it into the detailer that they do NOT vacuum it. Yes, please rip my headliner from the glue that's 15 years old with your Shop-Vac.......

I used to detail cars when I was 16, we never touched the headliner unless it had stains in it(not sure how you'd stain one though other than smoking in it).

hueterm
12-19-10, 02:39 AM
When I was in college, I was driving a group of people around, and one of them had BIG hair, that as it turned out, was also oily and stinky (like onions). It got all over the headliner of the above-mentioned '83 GP Brougham, and I made the headliner sag even worse trying to get the smell out. It was like "The Beast" from Seinfeld...

I should have just had it replaced...

The first time I got the Concours detailed, there were vacuum streaks on the headliner, and I FREAKED all over the owner. Because I, like you, never assumed one needed to vacuum a headliner, as there's nothing on it. Dandruff doesn't travel up...LOL. Anyway, they know better now...

Jesda
12-19-10, 03:01 AM
I got footprints all over the roof of the Volvo when I was replacing the blower resistor. In retrospect it would have been easier (and easier on my spine) if I had just removed the passenger seat first. I've lucked out on headliners -- I haven't owned a GM car that had a problem with it. I did, however, I have a 230k BMW 5-series with some sagging in the rear. I used thumb tacks to keep it from flopping around.

ga_etc
12-19-10, 03:09 AM
I got footprints all over the roof of the Volvo when I was replacing the blower resistor. In retrospect it would have been easier (and easier on my spine) if I had just removed the passenger seat first. I've lucked out on headliners -- I haven't owned a GM car that had a problem with it. I did, however, I have a 230k BMW 5-series with some sagging in the rear. I used thumb tacks to keep it from flopping around.

You should have borrowed some smaller shoes from someone and added extra prints to the headliner just to make the guy who bought it wonder.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-19-10, 08:35 AM
I'm just curious, did Olds ever put a TBI engine into the Cutlass Supreme??? I know Chevy started with TBI in MY 1987 with the trucks.

Nope. They 307 was always fueled by a carburetor. I don't even think the Buick 3.8L V6 was ever fuel injected in the G Bodies either.

mhamilton
12-19-10, 10:55 AM

Nope. They 307 was always fueled by a carburetor. I don't even think the Buick 3.8L V6 was ever fuel injected in the G Bodies either.

They did get some TBI engines, but it was hit-or-miss as to which engines got that or a carb. For example '85 Monte Carlo 4.3 V6 had TBI while the 5.0 was still a 4bbl feedback carb. The Buick 3.8 turbos got SFI (not the early T types, those still had carbs before approx '84) while all the other RWD 3.8s got a 2bbl. FWD 3.8s were getting SFI at that time, however.

But to the end (1987) some GM G-body cars did still have the 4bbl carb while most everything else had gone to FI.