: Considering a 94-96 Fleetwood, what should I be looking for/at?

vonVeezelsnider
12-17-10, 09:43 PM
Hi Folks,

Longtime reader, first time poster. I've decided that in the new year I'm going to begin in earnest a search for a nice LT1 Fleetwood, of which having one has been a longtime dream.

Obviously like everyone else I'd love to find some low mileage Triple Black vehicle with the chromes, but I'd settle for a reasonable colored Brougham model and less than 200'000km. I've got no previous experience with these specific cars so I was wondering if anyone on the board who has or had one of these vehicles knows would be willing to point me in the right direction of any resources that might point me in right direction in terms of common problems, what to look for in person that might give me clues as to how well a car has been taken care of, maybe some signs of trouble ahead?

What I do get, I'm interested into making into a bit of a project, so my second question would be whether there is a favored outlet for obtaining NOS OEM parts (beyond eBay of course)?

Thanks for your help!

drmenard
12-17-10, 11:35 PM
I don't know what the emission laws where you are, but, where I am anything with OBD2 was to pass... So I would rather have a 94 or 95... and of the 2 I like the 95... There are just a few differances .

vonVeezelsnider
12-17-10, 11:46 PM
I don't know what the emission laws where you are, but, where I am anything with OBD2 was to pass... So I would rather have a 94 or 95... and of the 2 I like the 95... There are just a few differances .

Where I live (Alberta, Canada) there are NO emissions tests or annual inspections... So the whole emissions issue is moot.