: How to fix dash that gets unglued by sun? Pictures included..

TexasGuy
12-17-10, 06:14 PM
This happened after I had to park in full Texan sun for a year at a job site. What would you do to fix this on a budget on your own?

Not sure how to take it off to glue back properly. Because the upper leather is now "mis-shaped" the air vent and the speaker are popping out and it starts to look like a mess. My car is in very good condition but this just makes it an eye sore.

Need your advice. Thank you.

TexasGuy
01-03-11, 06:13 PM
Bump

iametarq
01-03-11, 11:34 PM
you may have better luck getting an answer in the Seville section. I'm interested in the solution, too, mine i just noticed is just barely starting to come up.

Jesda
01-04-11, 02:07 AM
Like he said above, search the Seville section. You have to remove the vents (held in by a plastic tab inside) and remove a screw behind each vent to undo the dash. I believe you also have to remove the a-pillar covers by pulling them straight out.

The dash can be reglued with clamps, small wood planks, and Gorilla Glue. Search for more specific directions.

ccclarke
01-04-11, 02:34 AM
If the plastic is really warped, you're gonna have to be better than good and more than lucky to make it look half-way pleasing to the eye. Why not install a fabric dash cover over it? (One would have probably saved you this heartache in the first place.) Either that or buy a new dash pad from gmpartsdirect and save big. Then get a solar dash shield an/or dash mat!

CC

TexasGuy
01-04-11, 03:05 AM
The above are all relevant advices, however, the damn thing by now so much sticks out that I believe I need to remove it to properly glue it back well.