: OT Does anyone live near Taylor Michigan?

heavymetals
12-17-10, 03:04 PM
Me and a couple of other forum members would like to buy tickets for this:

http://www.cityoftaylor.com/content/corvette-raffle-raise-funds-family-slain-taylor-police-officer

lunarx
12-17-10, 03:24 PM
We want to contribute and winning the ZR1 would not be such a bad thing.

Tmac11
12-17-10, 05:37 PM
Heavy - I'm sure Randy will chime in here shortly on this. I would do it but I'm out of town until the 28th. I wonder if you can call the dealership and purchase a ticket and get an email receipt?
If all else fails PM me on the 28th and I'll drive out there.

heavymetals
12-17-10, 06:03 PM
The way I read it, it is a "local" event.

Ergo the list of places one can purchase a ticket.

heavymetals
12-17-10, 06:10 PM
I called and:

They will sell a ticket to out of state people.

I am trying to see if they will accept paypal instead of mailing them a check.

NO CREDIT CARD SALES.

rand49er
12-17-10, 06:21 PM
Heavy, I can take a hike over there and buy the ticket(s). Problem is, I can't do it till next Tuesday as I'll be in Chicago till later on Monday. Will that work?

heavymetals
12-17-10, 06:26 PM
That would be great.

Pm me your contact info and I will paypal you the amount and fees (if any).

There might be a few others interested, so I assume you have a cut off time.

yooper
12-17-10, 11:30 PM
I would like to do the same.

JD03Cobra
12-18-10, 12:25 AM
I may have to run down there myself and get a ticket.

rand49er
12-18-10, 08:44 AM
That would be great.

Pm me your contact info and I will paypal you the amount and fees (if any).

There might be a few others interested, so I assume you have a cut off time.PM sent.

nmaier2201
12-20-10, 05:08 PM
Randy you in chicago today? Where at? Maybe I'll drive over and buy you a beer and give you 100 bucks for a raffle ticket.

shoot me a PM (because that will alert my cell)

rand49er
12-20-10, 10:37 PM
Randy you in chicago today? Where at? Maybe I'll drive over and buy you a beer and give you 100 bucks for a raffle ticket.

shoot me a PM (because that will alert my cell)Dang! I didn't see this till just now. I wasn't even there for 24 hours, more like 20 hrs seeing my two older sons. Sorry.

Whoever's serious about this, I'm either going over there tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you my Paypal account. You'll need to give me some info, too, to give to those selling the tickets ... I assume stuff like name, address, and phone number in case you win. (BTW, if you win, I get to at least get a ride in the darn thing! Woo Hoo!)

Stay in touch on this guys ... I'll most likely call somebody over there to find out more tomorrow.

rand49er
12-21-10, 09:52 AM
I called the Taylor Chevrolet dealership where the drawing will be held. A "Jody" there is suppose to call me back.

If I go there later this morning, I'll need your name, address, and phone number to put on the stub so they can contact you in the event you win. I was told you don't have to be present to win. I will mail your stub back to you, so you'll have it prior to the drawing which is January 4th (I think). They're selling only 2,200 tickets. Not sure how many they have left as of today ... I'll ask that question and post back up here.

Finally, I'll clear out more PMs so I'm sure to have room.

If you do PM me your info, I'll PM you my Paypal account info. There are no fees for a person-to-person transfer. It's about 3% if you use a credit card which I'll forgive you if let me drive the car when you win.

heavymetals
12-21-10, 06:20 PM
Thanks for doing this.

Nice talking to ya.

yooper
12-21-10, 07:09 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks Randy and Heavy. Excellent benefit.

rand49er
12-21-10, 09:08 PM
Okay, that's four of us in for sure. Waiting on possibly two more, but even without them, this is a good benefit for this family that lost their husband and dad.

Taylor is NOT a high-crime area, especially shooting type stuff involving cops. This was a big deal for this community, and buying a raffle ticket will go for an excellent cause.

Just remember, if you win, I get a ride. (<-- Just thought I'd point that out again lest you guys forget.)

rand49er
12-22-10, 03:35 PM
First of all: Hey, Nick, clear out your messages.

Second, just got back from getting four tickets and thought I'd post up some pics.

Here's the car that's involved:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0108.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0109.jpg

Here're the four tickets I bought. Heavymetals is no. 1395, Lunarx is no. 1396, Yooper is no. 1397, and rand49er is 1398.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0112.jpg

Here is a photo of what it's gonna look like when Jody congratulates rand49er when he wins the car.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0110.jpg

I may be going back on Monday and get more tickets if anyone else is interested. I'd go this Friday, but I called the dealer, and they're not open ... I don't know about the other ticket locations, but Monday will work for me if you guys are still interested between now and then. Let me know.

BTW, the drawing is not on January 3rd as the link in the first post says, but it's January 31st at 7 pm EST at the Taylor Dealership itself. If, for some reason, they do not sell a minimum of 2,200 tickets, the winner will receive 50% of the money and, presumably, the Matthew Edwards trust will get the other 50%.

heavymetals
12-22-10, 03:40 PM
Thanks Rand and Merry Christmas to you.

If you win, I want a ride!

rand49er
12-22-10, 04:41 PM
Thanks Rand and Merry Christmas to you.

If you win, I want a ride!You got it, heavy!

And, Merry Christmas to you, too!

MauiV
12-22-10, 06:27 PM
If I can remember how to get into my Paypal I may be interested

rand49er
12-22-10, 06:56 PM
Uh-h ... paypal just called me and asked me if I was running a raffle. They were none too pleased with me, so any money transfers using paypal are out.

I'm suppose to be getting an email affidavit to sign from them. They must be a little cautious after that Julian Assange deal.

MauiV
12-22-10, 07:21 PM
You take checks?

heavymetals
12-22-10, 07:23 PM
Just proves that no good deed goes unpunished. :helpless:

My payment is in the mail.

yooper
12-22-10, 11:08 PM
That Black color looks too nice to drive. If you guys don't win it and I do, I will donate it to the PKD Foundation for very selfish reasons. Good luck to all of us.:thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to all.

rand49er
12-23-10, 07:59 AM
You take checks?Clear out you mailbox. My PM to you just bounced.

rand49er
12-23-10, 08:42 AM
Can't seem to find this "affidavit" Paypal has requested, so I sent them a reply with an explanation.

I sent them a link to this thread, too.

Oh, boy ... :helpless:

nmaier2201
12-23-10, 12:35 PM
Randy, I cleared out my PM box. After your last post I'm not sure if my paypal made it into your hands or not.

If it did great, if not (since you already got the tickets) I can miss out on this one. Not worth you making a special trip just for me.

So let me know sir. If you win I'd at least like to sit in it :)

nmaier2201
12-23-10, 12:35 PM
P.S. Paypal sucks. They will use the fineprint to take advantage of you any chance they can... so you and everyone else be careful.

rand49er
12-23-10, 03:17 PM
P.S. Paypal sucks. They will use the fineprint to take advantage of you any chance they can... so you and everyone else be careful.Uh-oh ... now I'm dead. I gave them a link to this thread to read and see how harmless and innocent and worthy of forgiveness we are. Oh, boy ... :suspense:

j/k I'm sure I'll be okay once the dust settles. She'll probably hit me up for a ride in the car when I win. :banana:

rand49er
12-23-10, 03:48 PM
Okay, someone from PayPal called me again just a minute ago, helped me figure out how to resolve the issue, and I'm back in good standing with them.

(Though I'm sure I'll be watched for years into the future.)

rand49er
01-03-11, 03:07 PM
OldRoadDawg is in.

Ticket no. 1814.

rand49er
02-03-11, 04:15 PM
Okay, since I had not been contacted informing me I had won the Corvette and too busy doing wifey things, I had not called to see what happened in the drawing. Well, I just got off the phone, and there's good news and there's bad news.

The bad news is, none of us who were in the drawing won the car. Yeah, yeah ... I suppose you guys figured that out already.

The good news is ... well, okay, it's not really good news in the sense of winning a new car, but the winning ticket was 0396, and Ernie's ticket was 1396 ... close, but no cigar.

Some guy won it. The lady with whom I talked didn't tell me who he was, but there it is. Geez, I can almost feel Ernie giving me a ride, too.

CancerJCC
02-03-11, 08:07 PM
but the winning ticket was 0396, and Ernie's ticket was 1396 ... close, but no cigar.

A thousand off? There weren't that many people in the drawing to call that close, were there?

OldRoadDawg
02-03-11, 09:35 PM
OldRoadDawg is in.

Ticket no. 1814.

... but the winning ticket was 0396,

Dang! and I even made room in my garage for it. :crybaby:

Here's another ZR1 raffle, but the cost of admission is a tad pricey.

https://www.winvette.com/

rand49er
02-03-11, 10:12 PM
A thousand off? There weren't that many people in the drawing to call that close, were there?There were at least 2,200 sold, and Ernie was off one digit. So what if it was in the thousand's place. :duck:

... Here's another ZR1 raffle, but the cost of admission is a tad pricey.

https://www.winvette.com/Do I smell a raffle stickie in the wind? :sneaky:

yooper
02-04-11, 12:16 AM
:Thanks for checking:thumbsup:

CancerJCC
02-04-11, 02:38 PM
There were at least 2,200 sold, and Ernie was off one digit. So what if it was in the thousand's place. :duck:

:) I guess we have two different definitions of what is "close".

rand49er
02-04-11, 02:50 PM
:) I guess we have two different definitions of what is "close".He was "only" a thousand tickets away. Heck, I was a thousand and two away.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I was just trying to spice up this doggone forum ... it needs it at this time of year.

I'm so frustrated not being able to get my car out. They plowed the main roads, and they're mostly dry with all the sun today (9 deg at 9:30 am when I left the house), but the problem is that our subdivision's roads are still covered with snow and it's melting in places from salt that was put on. I'd have to go the half mile through all that to get to the main road ... it ain't gonna happen. Plus, I've got this dang LS9 clutch kit sitting in the basement just dying to be installed. The closest I can get to driving it is to read posts here and order more mods. (I ordered 55w HID fogs two days ago ... can't wait to get them installed.) You see, I'm goin' nuts! ... NUTS, I tell you!!! Aaaaagggggrrrrrhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD03Cobra
02-04-11, 03:40 PM
(I ordered 55w HID fogs two days ago ... can't wait to get them installed.) You see, I'm goin' nuts! ... NUTS, I tell you!!! Aaaaagggggrrrrrhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy - Now is the time to install those...just need to heat up the garage. Look on the bright side, spring is next month.

CancerJCC
02-04-11, 06:00 PM
He was "only" a thousand tickets away. Heck, I was a thousand and two away.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I was just trying to spice up this doggone forum ... it needs it at this time of year.

I'm so frustrated not being able to get my car out. They plowed the main roads, and they're mostly dry with all the sun today (9 deg at 9:30 am when I left the house), but the problem is that our subdivision's roads are still covered with snow and it's melting in places from salt that was put on. I'd have to go the half mile through all that to get to the main road ... it ain't gonna happen. Plus, I've got this dang LS9 clutch kit sitting in the basement just dying to be installed. The closest I can get to driving it is to read posts here and order more mods. (I ordered 55w HID fogs two days ago ... can't wait to get them installed.) You see, I'm goin' nuts! ... NUTS, I tell you!!! Aaaaagggggrrrrrhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I here you. I hurried like heck all week to spend some time today tuning and it is raining like crazy and cold. I did do some idle stuff with the garage door open though, neighbors probably thinking "That guy is so wierd just sitting in his car in the garage!"

rand49er
02-04-11, 06:23 PM
Randy - Now is the time to install those...just need to heat up the garage. Look on the bright side, spring is next month.Even with the garage door closed, the snow on the cars (not my V, of course) doesn't even melt most nights and still sitting on the cars since it's been so cold outside. The garage is usually 15 to 20 deg warmer than outside, but a zero it doesn't get over freezing. I hear you about installing those HIDs, but it's gotta get a little warmer in there first. Next month, you say? Man, you'd never know it.

I here you. I hurried like heck all week to spend some time today tuning and it is raining like crazy and cold. I did do some idle stuff with the garage door open though, neighbors probably thinking "That guy is so wierd just sitting in his car in the garage!":rofl:

heavymetals
02-04-11, 07:16 PM
Here I am procrastinating on repairing Mr. Vette because it is "too cold" (68).

One gets spoiled living in Southern Ca. :yup:

JD03Cobra
02-04-11, 08:54 PM
Even with the garage door closed, the snow on the cars (not my V, of course) doesn't even melt most nights and still sitting on the cars since it's been so cold outside. The garage is usually 15 to 20 deg warmer than outside, but a zero it doesn't get over freezing. I hear you about installing those HIDs, but it's gotta get a little warmer in there first. Next month, you say? Man, you'd never know it.

I use a propane heater...takes about 10 minutes and my garage is 80 degrees. Your welcome to use it anytime.

rand49er
02-05-11, 12:25 AM
I use a propane heater...takes about 10 minutes and my garage is 80 degrees. Your welcome to use it anytime.Hm-m ... maybe I oughta get one of those. Heck, I'd settle for 68 deg any time.

Here I am procrastinating on repairing Mr. Vette because it is "too cold" (68).

One gets spoiled living in Southern Ca. :yup::rofl: