: Sideview mirror turn signal died...

CaddiLukKing
12-17-10, 12:28 PM
anyone know if there are any quick fixes or checks that i can do or test myself, as to why the turn signal went dead. possible causes: "2 many right hand turns(just kidding)" my guess is snow salt got in the housing somehow, someway.

I bet the mirror is 600 to 800 dollars not including the labor, which im not about to do...

anyone have any idea's/solutions... much appriciated...

HartfordGuy
12-17-10, 10:21 PM
Complete mirrors are cheap and plentiful on Ebay. Plenty of colors too, so no need to repaint.

CaddiLukKing
12-18-10, 03:31 PM
Complete mirrors are cheap and plentiful on Ebay. Plenty of colors too, so no need to repaint.

not what i was asking... but thanks anyhow..

im trying to avoid taking the inside door panel off to replace the entire mirror housing assembly.:bighead:

USSBlackPearlUSMC
12-19-10, 09:07 PM
Maybe there is a fuse? Follow the wires? I am not really to sure. If the lights when out....eek...lol,best of luck, keep us posted.

Lev Blekher
12-20-10, 12:13 AM
Yours is an '07...does it have less than 50k miles? If so, it should be covered under new car warranty. As for your question, I don't know, sorry.

ltdltc
12-20-10, 03:02 PM
The mirror itself is removed by pulling outward.

Lev Blekher
12-23-10, 02:09 AM
I have some new info for you. I took my mirror apart to figure out why it is not working. The glass is removed by pulling it straight out toward yourself. Disconnect the wires and mark them with tape or a sharpie. The LED module is on a plastic base with its own wiring harness that clips to the glass and can be removed. I'm sure to ease manufacturing they simply make one version of this and flip it based on the side of the car. So you can probably remove the LED set that works from the other mirror and plug it into the bad one. Then you'll know if it's the LED strip or some further wiring issue. As far as fuses, I think the entire component is on one, so either everything or nothing will work. If you wish to take it apart further, the screws as are all visible, except for one which is located on the bottom on the side of the main housing that rests against the "U" shaped plastic part which is attached to the car. After disconnecting the wires, move the housing back and forth and the whole mechanism slides up and off.

Now if someone can aid me with my problem. The car was in an accident with the previous owner and the repair was done poorly. The mirror only moves left and right. When I took it apart I noticed a critical small plastic piece is missing, which functions in pushing the mirror up and down. The motors can be heard working when I press the button but nothing moves. I am wondering if the assembly for the 00-05 DeVille is the same as for the 06 and up models, so I can buy an older one and pay less, since all I need is a small piece and not the motors.

Also, the whole mirror itself wobbles way too much compared to any other car mirror I have seen, so I think it was assembled poorly or damaged during the repair. To do this it looks like I need to remove the entire thing and not just the outside portion, so I'm wondering if I need to take off the door panel or just the black trim and how to do this.